TC4 owners who had TC3

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TC4 owners who had TC3

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2004, 11:30 PM
R/C Tech Founder

As I've stated before on here, there is nothing wrong with the design of the TC4; it is actually quite good. It is a legitimate improvement on the TC3 with a lot of innovative new features. It's easier to tune and easier to work on.

The problems most people are having seem to stem from things like suspension play and inconsistent handling. This seems to be much more due to tolerance and manufacturing issues than design issues. Those who have upgraded the car to carbon parts, newer suspension mounts, swaybars, and so on, have generally had good luck with it.

Keep in mind that this is not a Factory Team kit, it's a base level kit, and the price reflects that. In my opinion (key words here), you can't comapare it out of the box to something like an Xray FK or even the previous FT TC3. It's designed as a racer through and through, but this is not an "ultimate racing kit."

There is also a little bit of a "money should make me fast" factor at work here. A lot of people had a TC3 working very well, went out and bought a TC4, and got pissed when they weren't immediately faster. That doesn't mean the car isn't good!

I had some complaints about the TC4, but I could say that about 99% of the cars that I've owned or tested. The whole "man the TC4 sucks!" thing is pretty off base. It's a good car, and once it hits a FT version (most of which you can assemble by yourself with aftermarket parts) it will be a great car. If I were advising someone to choose between a TC3 and TC4 right now, it would be TC4 all the way. There might be some issues, but it's the better car in the long run.
Old 12-05-2004, 03:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Antonio: yes i do consider them as "people" ... and just as anyone, im sure they're also giving themselves time to figure out what works best for the car. i remember it was the same case when the tc3 came out years ago. some people loved it, some hated it. after a little while with some of the bugs ironed out and when it started winning big races left and right, more people loved and less people hated it. so give it time. im sure in the not so distant future, tons of racers will be running the tc4 with big happy smiles on their faces.
Old 12-05-2004, 04:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

as much as i hate too say i think the car is crap i rased mine today for the first time both diffs blew up and the car was unconsitant in handling so i sold and bought a yok ssg!!
Old 12-05-2004, 08:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So you must build & setup cars like you spell?
Old 12-05-2004, 09:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

one thing I have noticed on this board is the lack of "attention to detail"...very true when it comes to spelling...and it is not a one time error, the same people keep butchering spelling over and ove..
If one can not take the time to spell correctly, then I would tend to think they would half-@$$ put together a kit...just my $.02 worth
Old 12-05-2004, 01:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Red face Tc3/Tc4

14 Alright even though you can use the new tc4 parts in the old tc4 you should always upgrade to a new car and if your wondering on handling wise Yes, the tc4 is VERY hard to dial in to the track you race at becuase of all of the tuning possibilites I recommend asking one of the guys at your track who have experience in the sport. Thanks
Old 12-05-2004, 01:48 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by ROBORAT
Antonio: yes i do consider them as "people" ... and just as anyone, im sure they're also giving themselves time to figure out what works best for the car. i remember it was the same case when the tc3 came out years ago. some people loved it, some hated it. after a little while with some of the bugs ironed out and when it started winning big races left and right, more people loved and less people hated it. so give it time. im sure in the not so distant future, tons of racers will be running the tc4 with big happy smiles on their faces.
What? Why would the manufacture need to figure out a car that is currently available in hobby shops? It’s called R&D. If you sort out all the problems before you release the car then you won’t get 64+ post from people questioning the cars performance. It’s obvious that the car is not as good a tc3. I don’t care for the opinion of a sportsman class driver. I want to see the Factory team get results before I conceder purchasing the car. From what I hear the car was junk at the world and people even over heard a few big name team drivers saying that the car was junk.

Worlds 2004
Final results for AE’s top guns:
33rd Mark Pavidis
34th Craig Drescher
36th Barry Baker
52nd Mike Blackstock

-=Didn’t Barry TQ the 2002 worlds with a tc3?
-=Didn’t Mark Qualify 2nd at the 2000 worlds with the tc3 with Craig and Billy also in the main? Also the debut race for the tc3?

I will wait and see how the team does at this year’s Reedy race in Asia. Maybe they will have something figured out by then.
Old 12-05-2004, 02:27 PM
Tech Elite

All the tuning possibilities can be frustrating, I know I run a Yok SD along side my TC3.... The Yok has 10x the settings to screw up....

From what I have seen on the TC4 running at my local track, I'm not running out to buy one any time soon.... Maybe next year when the FT version comes out and someone has a handle on the car.... Let the guys who get free stuff and get paid to do this work the bugs out....
Old 12-05-2004, 02:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Didn't the Losi team with a car even newer than the TC4 and wasn't a derivitive of thier old car do better at the World's? A month later at Cleveland?
Old 12-05-2004, 02:42 PM
Tech Adept

Even with the upgraded carbon chassis the car is still crap.....especially for foam......The car is just way to flexible.......It needs to be way stiffer......Thats its biggest problem along with suspension geometry....my .02
Old 12-05-2004, 02:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

so,
you don't like the car, buy something else.
I am really fed up of all the people on this forum who have nothing better to do with their time than whine and bitch about toy cars.

The TC4 works awesome for me, I love it.
All just comes down to personal preference I suppose.
Old 12-05-2004, 03:27 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by stulec52
so,
you don't like the car, buy something else.
Good Idea.

Thanks for the help.
Old 12-05-2004, 05:22 PM
Tech Adept

I am a big Losi fan and run a xxx-s most of the time. I have had a tc-3 and really liked the way it handled. I recently bought a tc-4 to try it out. At first I broke an arm and waited a long time to get parts. I guess that is part of getting a new vehicle. Well now I have about twenty battery packs through it and it is just as fast if not faster than my losi. It feels a little inconsistent in the corners but I think it will just take a little more tweeking. There are a LOT of adjustments that can make it difficult to setup. Besides spring and rear toe my setup is box stock. I dont think the car deserves the bashing it has received. It is a good platform that has almost infinite adjustability.I think AE did a good job.
Old 12-05-2004, 05:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default My biggest problem with AE...

is that they won't be honest about the little problems. Heck, I couldn't even get them to admit the car was sloppy per the stock building instructions.
Old 12-05-2004, 05:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by JimMcClure
It is a good platform that has almost infinite adjustability.I think AE did a good job.
Mine has infinite adjustments, it's also called slop.

Coxy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.