Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
The Bob Stormer "Radio Control History" project.  Needs you! >

The Bob Stormer "Radio Control History" project. Needs you!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Bob Stormer "Radio Control History" project. Needs you!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2015, 08:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I posted this in another thread but I had promised to do so in 2013 in this thread
The 1984 Futaba GP.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShNZPwvaBFQ
Old 08-21-2015, 06:07 AM
Tech Master

Bob,
This is a great idea... I know on FaceBook, I'm friends with Golden Years RC. They have a similar, idea. I know that a lot on vintage on road items, kits, radios, videos have been donated to them. He's in California, you may want to reach out to him, I'm that he can help you with this awesome adventure.
Old 08-21-2015, 09:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris K
Please let us know when you do!!!

Bob: Isn't it too hot in MT to be playing with BIG cars????
Here is the latest that I converted. Gil Losi interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVKu...ature=youtu.be
Old 10-21-2016, 07:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It's time to jump start this thread again.

Originally Posted by Bob-Stormer
There is nothing on either of them yet. Blank.
http://historyofrc.com/
and
http://radiocontrolhistory.com/

I've got some people on the forums that are web savvy, helping with the tech side of getting it going. Gonna take a few years. It's history, it's not oing anywhere, but the people involved aren't getting any younger and frankly, it's getting harder to remember what's what.
Neither of these are alive. There have been at least two people inducted into the RC Car Hall Of Fame (Gene Hustings and Gary Kyes)...but there isn't even a virtual one anywhere. There are more than a few others that NEED to be inducted: Mike Reedy, Ron Paris, Roy Moody, John Thorpe, Bill Campbell, Chuck Kimbrough, and more and that's only the racers and builders who are no longer with us). Golden Years http://goldenyearsrc.com/ housed at a private home in LA, CA, seems to have a bunch of stuff...but mostly gas 1/8th scale and very little of it is online (and even that is limited to photographs).

Yes, I am willing to help with whatever is needed...coding HTML, taking pictures, scanning info into a usable online format...whatever. Something needs to get done. What do we need to do to make this happen? Anyone else game?
Old 10-21-2016, 01:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Racer X
It's time to jump start this thread again.

Neither of these are alive. There have been at least two people inducted into the RC Car Hall Of Fame (Gene Hustings and Gary Kyes)...but there isn't even a virtual one anywhere. There are more than a few others that NEED to be inducted: Mike Reedy, Ron Paris, Roy Moody, John Thorpe, Bill Campbell, Chuck Kimbrough, and more and that's only the racers and builders who are no longer with us). Golden Years http://goldenyearsrc.com/ housed at a private home in LA, CA, seems to have a bunch of stuff...but mostly gas 1/8th scale and very little of it is online (and even that is limited to photographs).

Yes, I am willing to help with whatever is needed...coding HTML, taking pictures, scanning info into a usable online format...whatever. Something needs to get done. What do we need to do to make this happen? Anyone else game?

I was working on this for many years. I'm one guy. It turns out, it's damn hard. I've got about 1500 cars. I can only really restore 1-2 a year. It might not be possible to do it at the level I was hoping to do it. It's seems like it could end up a non-profit, full time job for 3-4 people.

I don't have the answers. Not off the top of my head anyway.
Old 10-21-2016, 01:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You may only be one guy...but so am I and that makes two. LMK what I can do...
Old 10-21-2016, 01:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Racer X
You may only be one guy...but so am I and that makes two. LMK what I can do...
thanks man.
Old 10-22-2016, 01:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If you would like the history of the Florida state series it's on line till 2005 when I quit wriitting it. If you would like some sort of help. I can do that. Ive been racing since 1979. You bought my Delta 1/12th cars several years ago. I'm also the last orginal founding fathers of the Fla. state series still racing. And I was the first Region 4 director for ROAR from 1990-2005. Most of the people in the industry know me.
Old 10-31-2016, 11:39 PM
Tech Addict

Default advanced racing technologies 1/10 pan car

I'm looking for info on advanced racing technologies that sold the agitator back in 1989 (I think) what ever happened to this company. I would love to find the story behind this old company.or any one that can remember racing one. I think mine was agitator 2(not sure) I used to race it up at e&e hobbies in regina with randy that always worn daniel boon hat.
Thanks
Old 11-01-2016, 06:06 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 123 (97%+)

i raced a lucas garneau agitator back in the late 80's...best designed 1.10th pan car for road racing before the 10l........

handled great, ahead of its time....just lack of support.......
Old 11-01-2016, 11:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamThibault
I'm looking for info on advanced racing technologies that sold the agitator back in 1989 (I think) what ever happened to this company. I would love to find the story behind this old company.or any one that can remember racing one. I think mine was agitator 2(not sure) I used to race it up at e&e hobbies in regina with randy that always worn daniel boon hat.
Thanks
You can find Lucas on facebook he builds surfboards in Florida