Old 01-04-2005, 08:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

YGPM!
Old 01-05-2005, 12:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default what???

I must be back in the shop stiring up too much resin....

What is : YGPM ?

Update: I am currently out of stock on thrust bearings, but another shipement is on it's way either this Thurs or Fri. I am taking b/o's on those and I will contact anyone who needs them. I have decided to go with a delrin sleeve instead of the aluminum. This will eliminate the need for a cone washer. They are continuing to get rave reviews all over N America and there are plans to get them over shores.

Conversion kits are coming along slowly. Venor parts should be here soon to help with the demand. I will throttle back on these by mid Jan to make sure that we have support for the Snowbird race and so that I can get back to the track and test myself!
Brian
Old 01-05-2005, 12:08 AM
Tech Addict

you got private mail
Old 01-05-2005, 06:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Brian YGPM
Old 01-05-2005, 10:49 AM
Tech Elite

Default rctech personal mail

Hey Race Fans, I am so sorry. I see that many of you have used rctech's personal mail box to send me a message. I will try to answer those messages, but in the future you will get a much quicker response from me it you email me directly at: [email protected]

Thanks, Brian
Old 01-06-2005, 12:19 AM
Tech Elite

Default tires

Hey guys, I just got back from the track tonight and tried some tires for the first time that is worth sharing. I have been a long time Jaco fan, but what's up with the wheels lately? They almost break taking them out of the package. The foam is awesome, but I wish the wheels would hold up. That said, I have picked up a set of Parma pink rears, magenta fronts and purple fronts. The magenta's had a lot of steering and I might have been able to tune the car into that tire, but when I was "A-B"ing the tires... it was a lot. I was really pretty happy with the purple front and the pink rear. The wheel is a little softer then the Jaco's, but I never even seen anything that even looked like road rash on the Parmas. I did not peel an edge nor did the traction sause eat the glue seam. They ran consistant for 8 minutes with TQ Mod ( the red sause). They should have the same off set as the TRC wheels. So you will have to add a few spacers to the rear axle and play with shims on the fronts to get close to the same spacing as the Jaco set ups. The performance is going to be nearly identical, but at least you can go Mad Max on the Parma's!

Brian
Old 01-06-2005, 05:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hi Brian,

A few of the guys at our club are liking the parma's also, the only two issues for me with them is firstly. You cannot get double pinks for parmas for the front. And I'm liking the double pinks a lot. Also they are a fair bit more expensive than Jaco's. I really haven't had a problem with the Jaco Rears only the fronts. I have tried the maegenta TRC front's with my L3 and Rev3. WAY to much on the front for those cars I had traction roll bad, I really like the (what I call) grip profile on the dble pinks. Our local hobbyshop guy is looking for another manufacturer right now to get better quality than Jaco and better price than parma. I'll let you know how that goes.

Chris
Old 01-06-2005, 08:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Yeah, Jaco wheels are crap.... but at least they are not the old grey ones!

In order to have the goods of Jaco's and w/o those crappy rims, I glue my own tires.... Jaco rubber on Yokomo wheels. If you take good care of those wheels, they last forever and they are the same offset as the Jaco's, so no shimming hassle. A little bit of work on my part to glue them and true them down.....but that way I know the glue is good and don't have to worry about different offset and no more broken wheels.

Dom
Old 01-06-2005, 08:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Dom, what type of glue to you use?

Thanks
John
Old 01-06-2005, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by JohnB
Hey Dom, what type of glue to you use?

Thanks
John
TRC/Trinity makes a tire glue specifically for this purpose. I can't think of a part# on top of my head, but it's in a can just like a TQ or Paragon tire sauce can.

Dom
Old 01-06-2005, 08:42 AM
Tech Elite

Default TRC Glue Part #

TRCTR902

Dom
Old 01-06-2005, 09:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Perfect, thanks Dom.
Old 01-06-2005, 09:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks Dom,

I may have to check that out, might eve work out cheaper in the long run.

Chris.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:34 AM
Tech Elite

You end up saving about $6 per pair of tires when you glue it yourself. On a season which i go thru about 8 sets of tires.... that about $100.... in turn that's about 4 complete sets of foams I can buy with the savings. I have to be a thrifty racer, gotta find ways to get more tires for my money! Wheels are cheap, I believe they are little over $1.25 each wheel, and that's only an initial investment. Take care of them, they last forever, I still have some white Yokomo wheels from 3 years ago, still true and ready to go.

Dom
Old 01-06-2005, 10:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Dom,
Most, if not all of the tire companies have moved away from offering donuts and only offer glued and trued. Do you have a reliable source for donuts in the compounds that we use?

D.P.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.