Wiki Posts
Search

SLAPMASTER - 1/12th MS2.2

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 11:43 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Brian,

Believe me....my bank account is ready for the car....all the xmas presents are bought.....just waiting for that email....

Thanks for all your hard work.

Mike
Old 12-22-2004, 08:51 AM
Tech Master

Hey Brian,

Don't forget to include me in that email as well I still want one of those chassis.
Old 12-22-2004, 11:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

saw some posts in other threads about: Slapmaster diffparts/thrust bearings. whats the info on these?
Old 12-22-2004, 01:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Diff Thrust Bearings

These diff thrust bearings have been amazing. They flying out my door everyday! They take the load off of the 1/4x3/8" bearing in the hub and into an actual thrust bearing. You can run your diff tighter so that slippage will not destroy the balls and plates. I am still running the same plates and balls now for 14 months with a mod motors. Some day, I will make an annoucement when I finally wear them out. They are $30 each and shipping is free if you are in the continental US states. I now have Paypal set up using my email address. The bearing is small enough so that you can still easily remove your tires. I didn't think that I would sell more then 50 of these locally, but I was wrong. All of North Americal are eating these things up. Here's a pic of it assembled. Brian
Attached Thumbnails SLAPMASTER - 1/12th MS2.2-p1010004.jpg  
Old 12-22-2004, 01:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)
Talking

just ordered mine yesterday!!!!! thanks brian merry christmas!!!!!
Old 12-22-2004, 02:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

I just wanted to say a big thankyou to Brian, in the near future, I'll be able to spank my very own monkey.
Old 12-22-2004, 02:43 PM
Tech Elite

Alright.... now that just does not sound quite right. Yes, according to the eta at the post office, they say Dec 24th! Hope that you have your "honey do" list done, because it sounds like you are going to toss the 25th right out the window.

Alberto; nice pic. I know that is not NY, but we could dream just a little.

I going testing!
Brian
Old 12-22-2004, 06:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thats great thank you Brian,

My Honey do's are relatively up to date, however we will be having an invasion of the outlaws on the 25th, I think I'll have to pull a late nighter to get it ready in time for Sundays race. If it can be done, then it will be done. It would be pretty cool to hit the track on the 26th with new wheels.

Chris.
Old 12-28-2004, 07:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

My MS2.2 arrived yesterday, as you can imagine I did not get to bed until gone midnight, I'm on 4 1/2hrs sleep today. This puppy is going to be VERY light. I can think of at least 6 screws which just are not needed as compared to most cars. I compromised with the damper tubes, I used titanium hinge pins for shafts in regular tubes. So now I can get the tweak stuff sorted. I'll work on a method for my own Carbon and titanium tubes (which I am going to try to make on a production scale).

Check out the pic, this is my story so far.
Attached Thumbnails SLAPMASTER - 1/12th MS2.2-ms2.2a.jpg  
Old 12-28-2004, 07:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

NICE!

Let us know how testing or racing goes!

Dom
Old 12-28-2004, 06:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Very nice Chris!
Old 12-28-2004, 08:27 PM
Tech Adept

hey Brian shoot me an email so i can get some parts for meself..............or post your website or did i miss it [email protected]
Old 12-28-2004, 10:19 PM
Tech Elite

Default MS2.2 update 12/28/04

My website is in the works, so in the meantime: [email protected] Finally, some bumpers showed up so that I could start to move some of my back ordered kits. I am still a long ways out from getting out from underneath that list and I appreciate your patients if you are on that list. I have just come down with some flu to make my life misserable, but I am working through it. Those that are wanting kits for Snowbirds, that still should not be a problem as I should be able to move them out the door mid Jan. This is much latter then I originally wanted, but that's the way this business goes. Thrust bearings are about to get scarce again, but do not worry... I will have 100 more on their way. I should have some fun stuff like t-shirts and stickers coming soon.

Brian
Old 01-02-2005, 01:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Quick update

Hi all,

Just a quickie before I hit the sack.

I ran the car first time today, I had a couple of non car issues. Firstly the version of the quick clips I was using were a little too big and was not tight on the kingpin so they rotated around the kingpin gettind stuck in the wheel splines. That was my first run.

So I removed those and just put in regular shims. Second run, I had serious motor/power issues. after 4min 30s my car stopped. Not sure why but when I took the motor apart the com was ugly. So I removed the power cap and the schotky diode and changed motor to my 13 wind which I'm usually garanteed to finish the race with. That was my two and ony qualifiers done.

In the final the car handled very well. I could throw the car into the corners without any worry of traction roll and that is always a concern at out track but the MS2.2 did not even lift a wheel. even with the 13 wind the car was extremely fast but I started dumping on 7:30 and crawled over the line. I later checked my gear ratios (for the first time of the day) and I was 2 teeth over what I would gear my monster stock (oops) about 1.7" rollout.

The car handled well, just as Brian said to me it was 90% there. All I need is a little more speed in the slow speed corners and I will be good. Also I need more track time to get used to the car it does have great steering, I just need to go around the slower corners faster (Brian please help).

This is the most fun in twelfth I've had for a long time now, the car is very easy to drive hard.

Next week is my track's North West Champs race (stockton, CA) and I'm getting new cells, looking forward to strapping in my 9 wind.

ok, not such a quick update.
Old 01-04-2005, 07:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

A finished pic.
Attached Thumbnails SLAPMASTER - 1/12th MS2.2-ms2.2.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.