Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Much-More cell master v1

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 04:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

i'm planning to get one... give me some positive and negative feedback... is there only 1 version of cell master?? tnx.. need help ASAP...
Old 10-15-2006, 06:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Error

At the track today, temp was about 85, nice cool breeze, CM wasnt in direct sunlight and the unit said "HOT" then shut down. Temp was only at 36. Plug it in now and the top line of the LCD is black the rest is clear. Any ideas?

Thanks
Old 10-15-2006, 06:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by shift
Hi there,

I have encounted a problem when charging in ctx mode. what keeps happening is for the first step the charger runs fine then when it gets to the second step it charges for a couple of seconds then stops as if it has peaked but the voltage sometimes isnt evn dropping when it stops then starts again. this goes on for a while then it says check clips but all the clips are fine. im using 3700's and the profile im using is

step 1:3000-7.0a
step 2:3030-0.2a
step3:5000-4.0a

has anyone else encounted this problem before if so how did you fix it.
any help would be appretiated

Cheers, Liam
Please ensure that you have the flex mode off ("Fn") in each phase. If this does not fix your problem, try initiating a "factory reset" (from the main setup menu accessed by holding "<" at the front screen).

Originally Posted by YR4Dude
Who and where is selling the latest Much More products online?

I've looked all over including E-bay.

I can barely just find the CTX charger in black let alone any limited editions.

Can anyone provide a link?

BTW Speedtech is out of stock. Please provide link to someone with good stock on Much More products. Thanks
We had a few in stock late this week, but they are all gone. We expect to have more arriving the middle of this week. The new versions should be available within the next couple of weeks.

Originally Posted by nikkiesteban
i'm planning to get one... give me some positive and negative feedback... is there only 1 version of cell master?? tnx.. need help ASAP...
There is currently only only one version available (v1.0), with two new limited versions [Marc R and Andy Moore editions] available very soon. New features will include the blue and purple anodized cases and special reverse LCD's, as well as the magnetic temp sensors that were found on later batches of the first Cell Masters.

Originally Posted by Fervidsea
At the track today, temp was about 85, nice cool breeze, CM wasnt in direct sunlight and the unit said "HOT" then shut down. Temp was only at 36. Plug it in now and the top line of the LCD is black the rest is clear. Any ideas?

Thanks
Can you access the "factory reset" function? Try looking at the LCD at an angle to see the text.

Old 10-16-2006, 03:45 AM
Tech Master

hi nexus racing... is there any factor charging differences in the upcoming ctx versions??
Old 10-16-2006, 08:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I was considering getting one of these but is there any plans to add better LIPO support any time soon? Otherwise I may just need to stick with my ICE chargers.
Old 10-16-2006, 03:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

hi nexus racing... is there any factor charging differences in the upcoming ctx versions??
None that we know of. The Black CM will still be produced, and the Andy Moore and Marc R editions are limited production only.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Nexus Racing
None that we know of. The Black CM will still be produced, and the Andy Moore and Marc R editions are limited production only.
ohh i see.. im planning to get one.. i just a lil curious about the long lockout feature of CM... is the cell master long lockout timed in minutes??? not like pitbull x3 it is in mah lockout.... im just confused...
Old 10-16-2006, 07:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

ohh i see.. im planning to get one.. i just a lil curious about the long lockout feature of CM... is the cell master long lockout timed in minutes??? not like pitbull x3 it is in mah lockout.... im just confused...
The long lockout for a standard linear charge is in minutes. The lockout in CTX mode is in mah (because phases 1 and 2 are locked against delta peak). The lockout only locks the delta peak; temp cutoffs are still active.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:20 PM
Tech Master

Hey Nexus,

I heard that CTX Cellmaster owners don't need to buy a new model if ever it comes out because the current model can be upgraded through a computer update. Updating the v.1.0 to v.1.1 or v.2. Is this true?

Old 10-16-2006, 09:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nicadrauspro4
Hey Nexus,

I heard that CTX Cellmaster owners don't need to buy a new model if ever it comes out because the current model can be upgraded through a computer update. Updating the v.1.0 to v.1.1 or v.2. Is this true?

There is no current possibility of users performing updates (meaning there is no type of data cable available). It might be possible, but I'm not sure. What you heard was probably just a rumor.

Just to be clear to everyone, though, the only update made to the CM since its release has been the magnetic temp sensor (obviously not software-related).
Old 10-16-2006, 09:39 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

If anyone has an older cell master without the magnet. I have a bunch I will sell shipped to the US for $1.00. It is easy to add to the sensor.

PM me.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:24 AM
Tech Master

does it mean that version 1 is outdated when it comes to charging????

is this a good charger in terms of charging??
Old 10-17-2006, 03:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

does it mean that version 1 is outdated when it comes to charging????

is this a good charger in terms of charging??
No, the V1 is not outdated when it comes to charging. The Cell Master is one of the best chargers on the market today. Go to any big race, and you will see cell masters (and other MM stuff) in just about every pit.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by A. Rhodes
No, the V1 is not outdated when it comes to charging. The Cell Master is one of the best chargers on the market today. Go to any big race, and you will see cell masters (and other MM stuff) in just about every pit.
i wanna ask you guys.. i have my IB3800(not matched) it charges 3000-3400 mah.. the question is how can i charge it like 3step charging profile? bcoz it doesnt complete the 3800mah charging and nexus's profile is 5000mah... how??
Old 10-17-2006, 05:09 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Nexus Racing
There is no current possibility of users performing updates (meaning there is no type of data cable available). It might be possible, but I'm not sure. What you heard was probably just a rumor.

Just to be clear to everyone, though, the only update made to the CM since its release has been the magnetic temp sensor (obviously not software-related).
I see. Thanks for clearing that out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.