Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Much-More cell master v1

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 08:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by mudguard
Maybe someone can shed light on my problem Am trying to charge my (8-Cell) 4200 Nimh battery pack at 5AMPs but CM keeps on beeping and amperage goes down to Zero and climbs back. Using a DC regulated 13.8V 6-AMP power supply but cant get the beeping to stop Is the Charger Defective???
You should know, this charger has issues with charging anything not sub C 6 cell. Bad for 1 cell, 4 cell, 8 cell. A lot of peeps are already disposing theirs and going elsewhere. The step charging is also better in other brands. The best overall was and is still LRP pulsar 2 if you're using nimh for x # of cell. Mushmore is good for 6cell. If you want cheap you can get duratrax ice which has almost same features with this.
Old 02-28-2006, 11:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Can anyone sugest a setup for charging 900mAh AAA cells for Kyosho Mini-Z? Donīt lough, the right charging method does make a difference even with Mini-Z . Maybe because the cells are not as state of the art as sub-C, but I find it difficult to get the capacity stated on the cell into it, never mind out of it!
Old 02-28-2006, 01:03 PM
TFR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drifter
Can anyone sugest a setup for charging 900mAh AAA cells for Kyosho Mini-Z? Donīt lough, the right charging method does make a difference even with Mini-Z . Maybe because the cells are not as state of the art as sub-C, but I find it difficult to get the capacity stated on the cell into it, never mind out of it!
Are these GP cells? They lack punch from a AAA cell, only runtime is good. My setting for charging AAA is .8 - .9 amp with 03 delta peak. Works great on Intellect IB750 cells.
Old 02-28-2006, 08:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

No, I dont use GP anymore because of the missing punch, I use Nexcell 800mAh and cells called Newtecs with 900mAh. What I would like to achieve is good punch for the whole run with a sudden break down of the cells when empty, I dont really care about runtime.
Old 03-08-2006, 04:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Getting annoyed with my chargers and need some help. 3 out of 5 charges with both my Cell Masters are giving me the same error when going from step 2 to step 3 on the CTX charge. I get the "Check Clip" error from both of them. I checked the clips going to the battery and all is good. I switched the clips that go to the power supply with Banana Plugs to go into my power strip. Could that be the problem? Should I go to "Gold" banana plugs? It's weird how 3 out of 5 times they will charge fine though
Any ideas? I am running a clean 25 amp power supply and the steps are 7 amp to 3020mah, .2 amp to 3060, 5.5amp to peak of 05mv for all my 3800's.
Old 03-08-2006, 05:30 AM
Tech Regular

chl clip error is for the output side. so check there.
Old 03-08-2006, 05:32 AM
Tech Elite

Output clips are fine. If I do a normal Peak harge I don't have any problem. Only when I do a CTX xharge and it only happens going from step 2 to step 3. Should I maybe increase my step 2 charge rate so it's a less drastic increase?
Old 03-08-2006, 05:37 AM
Tech Regular

how are you connecting the output cables to you batts? pigtail deans? banana direct to terminals?

if the connection is not good - then too high resistance, can cause error, especially when charging at 0.2amps.

also do not touch the output cables or the battery when charging. the MM is very sensitive peak detection.
Old 03-08-2006, 06:15 AM
Tech Elite

My batteries are all hard wired. The factory alligator clips get connected to my Dean's Pro Bars. Should I replace the bars on the batteries? The charger leads don't get touched after the charge process starts. Thanks for the help.
Old 03-08-2006, 06:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Glowster21
Getting annoyed with my chargers and need some help. 3 out of 5 charges with both my Cell Masters are giving me the same error when going from step 2 to step 3 on the CTX charge. I get the "Check Clip" error from both of them. I checked the clips going to the battery and all is good. I switched the clips that go to the power supply with Banana Plugs to go into my power strip. Could that be the problem? Should I go to "Gold" banana plugs? It's weird how 3 out of 5 times they will charge fine though
Any ideas? I am running a clean 25 amp power supply and the steps are 7 amp to 3020mah, .2 amp to 3060, 5.5amp to peak of 05mv for all my 3800's.
Do you have the flex charge activated in any steps (maybe by accident)? We used to see some people having problems transitioning from one step to another when charging at a very low amp rate in one step (such as .2) with the flex activated by accident.
Some people have thought that "F" in the settings stands for "fan," and think they are changing the intensity of the fans, when they are actually activating and changing the intensity of the flex charge feature.
Old 03-08-2006, 10:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Nexus Racing
Do you have the flex charge activated in any steps (maybe by accident)? We used to see some people having problems transitioning from one step to another when charging at a very low amp rate in one step (such as .2) with the flex activated by accident.
Some people have thought that "F" in the settings stands for "fan," and think they are changing the intensity of the fans, when they are actually activating and changing the intensity of the flex charge feature.
Nope...Flex is off on both chargers.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:50 PM
Tech Regular

double check the aligator clips, you may need to resolder it.
Old 03-08-2006, 04:43 PM
Tech Elite

Clips are perfect. Changed the amps on step to from .2 to .6 and it seems to be working fine.
Old 03-11-2006, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Okay need a little help here. So I've had my Cell Masters for under a month now and on one of them it would every now and again stop charging immediately after I start the charge and display a message saying "ERR 0001 *OVER VOT* I could sometimes power cycle it and it would be fine, charge that is. Now everytime I start a charge it displays that same message. I attached a pic of the error message from a session a couple days ago. Any thoughts? Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Team Much-More cell master v1-image_00001.jpg  
Old 03-11-2006, 07:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard
Okay need a little help here. So I've had my Cell Masters for under a month now and on one of them it would every now and again stop charging immediately after I start the charge and display a message saying "ERR 0001 *OVER VOT* I could sometimes power cycle it and it would be fine, charge that is. Now everytime I start a charge it displays that same message. I attached a pic of the error message from a session a couple days ago. Any thoughts? Thanks!
Fred,
I have not seen this error message, but I have a couple of suggestions to try:

1) Check to see if you entered the proper # of cells in the charging setup (ie make sure you didn't input "4" for a 6 cell pack).

2) Try doing a "factory reset". This sets everything back to the default settings. This is in the main setup menu. *pg5 of your manual* Hold down "<" for a few seconds when at the main screen to get to the main setup menu. Scroll through the options until you see "factory reset". Then, push ">" twice to initiate the reset.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.