Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TIR Order

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 04:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

This thread is over 2 years old. I'm surprised TIR is still around if they're still pulling the same crap. Too bad. The TIR CVDs' for my T2 are awesome.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:14 AM
Tech Initiate

Angry problem with tir/darren

goodmorning

i have recently buyed directly from TIR, i talk with Darren.
the first time, all was ok, delivery time is quite long, but all in arrived and is ok.

second order i made, i still never receive item!!! is about 2month that i have payed, credit card was charged but nothing arrive!!

tracking number gived was fake! i sent a lot of email and fax but noone answer to me!!! i don't understand what happen!!!

some one that live near TIR office, can go to check what happen!!!
or someone have some news? they going to close the business ?

:flam ing:
Old 06-05-2007, 09:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Be sure to dispute the charge with your credit card company. There should be no time limit to file a dispute in the case of fraud.

Good luck.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:45 AM
Tech Initiate

ok! i try!!!

but another problem is that TIR do special parts for yokomo that nobody does!

but now i guess NOONE do!
Old 06-05-2007, 10:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

i've been lucky enough to get TiR products through my LHS and NexusRacing, but both of those places have stopped selling their products for whatever reasons.
I bought as many of the TiR pinions that Nexus had because the product is very good
Don't know what's going on with that company, but they do have amazing products

vic
Old 06-05-2007, 10:52 AM
Shop Owner

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by riccardo
goodmorning

i have recently buyed directly from TIR, i talk with Darren.
the first time, all was ok, delivery time is quite long, but all in arrived and is ok.

second order i made, i still never receive item!!! is about 2month that i have payed, credit card was charged but nothing arrive!!

tracking number gived was fake! i sent a lot of email and fax but noone answer to me!!! i don't understand what happen!!!

some one that live near TIR office, can go to check what happen!!!
or someone have some news? they going to close the business ?

:flam ing:
Same thing happened with me and imagine I'm their distributor in Greece

Very bad business practice
Old 06-05-2007, 01:37 PM
Tech Adept

Hi Guys

Last year at the TIR British Open, at Snetterton, UK. My friend had a Tamiya MS. With it being sponsored by TIR, they had some staff there helping out. He went to see them for some parts, Drive shafts and a spool. They had the parts and offered to fit them, which he was happy with.

With the new and shinny parts fitted, he went to race. Now, the Brand New Drive shafts broke in every round and the spool out drives didn't last either, the sides broke off.

This was crazy, it happened all qualifying, as it turned out they had supply the wrong shafts and didn't know it. They gave him the one-way shafts. Do'h.

They did replace the broken parts, ( the wrong ones ) but every time they still broke. Thus my mate had to go back to the standard parts just to get a final. Any parts he had left over, just went to the bottom of his tool box..

Also, a little while ago, I sent them an email, asking if they did any parts for my new Losi type R. I’m still waiting. Maybe next week I’ll get the reply.

We won’t be buying from them, even though we were given £25 gift tokens at the TIR British Open race meeting.

Cheers

The two Spoons
Old 06-05-2007, 01:58 PM
Tech Initiate

i have the same problem with CVD!!!!! one is broken after 2 turn!!!

whitout any crash!!!

now i have to replace this to my customer and i have to find one TiR rear cvd for yokomo!!
Old 06-05-2007, 03:13 PM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

think you self lucky ,still waiting for my old drive shaft's for my yokomo SD i had like 3 years ago
shaft's just fell to bit's , i gave a buisness card to the owner at the very first round of the STCC @Ipswich

my advice don't bother
go & get Square racing stuff from Hong kong or pinion wise Fmaxx (now they are good )

i've seen hinge pins bend easier & more often the Kit items on a TC3
Old 06-05-2007, 03:25 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by riccardo
i have the same problem with CVD!!!!! one is broken after 2 turn!!!

whitout any crash!!!

now i have to replace this to my customer and i have to find one TiR rear cvd for yokomo!!
I've seen that too in a MI2 EC. At stafford National this year, a guy put in a new front d/shaft after practice, as he had a bent one, for it only for break on the first lap.

What a Nightmare,

Cheers
Spoon