Search
Like Tree1Likes

Xray T3 2012

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 09:50 AM
Tech Adept

Default Center servo mount

Hi,

I see a lot of people have been writing about the center servo mount and how crap it is. What causes the un even tweak, is it the the outer chassis screw? If it is the servo touching the chassis could you not use the standard mounts but place 1mm shims under them to raise the servo up slightly?

Any thoughts??
Old 09-12-2012, 10:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt W
Hi,

I see a lot of people have been writing about the center servo mount and how crap it is. What causes the un even tweak, is it the the outer chassis screw? If it is the servo touching the chassis could you not use the standard mounts but place 1mm shims under them to raise the servo up slightly?

Any thoughts??
It's the pickup point on the outside, which keeps the chassis from flexing evenly. I don't think raising the servo would do much.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hi,

Any thoughts??
My issue was it moved. Servo tape is better for ME.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

So much talk over a part that no one has even claimed to improved lap times, sure it may be "better" in theory, but no even claimed the obligatory "I gained .2ths and TQ'd for the FIRST time after installing it". If you car seems to steer a little more to one side, add camber to the other side, done.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeXray
So much talk over a part that no one has even claimed to improved lap times, sure it may be "better" in theory, but no even claimed the obligatory "I gained .2ths and TQ'd for the FIRST time after installing it". If you car seems to steer a little more to one side, add camber to the other side, done.
+1

I'm tired of the servo mount talk! I've never lost a race because of how my servo was mounted!
Old 09-12-2012, 01:37 PM
Tech Elite

The mount can move back and forth by a certain amount, but to be honest that would probably protect the servo case in a crash.

If you power your car up with the mount, then force the steering against the servo saver the mount will not move.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

My mount only flexes up and down. I like my mount.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:03 AM
Tech Adept

Default Hagberg's rear mod on carpet!!

Hi, I know a lot of drivers have been running Alexander Hagbergs rear modification on asphalt, narrowing the rear track of the car. I was wondering have many people tested this on carpet and if they think it would be better than the kit setting? Also how will this setting affect the cars handling on carpet?
Old 09-13-2012, 10:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hi, I know a lot of drivers have been running Alexander Hagbergs rear modification on asphalt, narrowing the rear track of the car. I was wondering have many people tested this on carpet and if they think it would be better than the kit setting? Also how will this setting affect the cars handling on carpet?
Rotated too much on my low-medium traction carpet.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

I've run it since hearing about it in January.. bootleg is correct, makes the car rotate really fast in low , med conditions.. seems about right on high traction.. I found that the full 1mm works best on high traction and I will reshim each side +.5mm for low and medium... It works well for me..
Old 09-13-2012, 11:38 AM
Tech Elite

Run it everywhere. trouble is, it's been on there so long I can't remember what it was like before
Old 09-13-2012, 02:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

I have spent alot of time going back and forth between the narrow rear end (like the hagberg mod) and the standard rear end. The car rotates very well with the narrow rear, but makes the car hard to drive. I would say in high traction this would be a good change to make, but for club racing it is a mistake on carpet. Unless your club races have ultra high traction, and then if this is the case then maybe it would be a good option. In my testing mostly 17.5 and 13.5 I have found the standard rear settings to be the best...
Old 09-13-2012, 02:21 PM
Tech Rookie

helo guys, Ihave seen hagberg's modification and i wonder what if i let the rear standard end and make the front end i bit wider. You believe it will work on a low grip asphalt track?
Old 09-13-2012, 02:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PhilipT32011
helo guys, Ihave seen hagberg's modification and i wonder what if i let the rear standard end and make the front end i bit wider. You believe it will work on a low grip asphalt track?
It doesn't have the same effect. However, a lot of people still run the front end wider.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:15 AM
Tech Regular

Default Servo

Regarding the servo, why dont other people do what I did and move the servo FULLY inside the chassis?

Basically my inside lug on the servo has been cut off, a hole has been drilled on the outside of the chassis, so I now have one screw holding the servo in, as well as servo tape. As it only has one screw, there is no issue with uneven flex.

My COG is also now closer to the middle of the car, the servo is also better protected from any damage from impacts.

It is also much neater!!

The stupid nub has been cut off.

This was done PRIOR to even running the car for the first time.

Why this isn's the standard option I dont know?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.