Originally Posted by BigDogRacing
Nice.

I bet Billy can tear that up in 6 minutes easy!!! LOL
What's up Snicker snatcher.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by munrath
Does anyone have an entry race for the Nats?

Mark
???? Please clarify
Old 06-15-2011, 08:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Here is a quote from Steve Pond (Roar President) on the lightweight bodies.

"OK, I talked with our body approval crew, and the Mazda has not been resubmitted for extension, so it will not be legal for use.

Both versions of the LTC ARE legal. This was an approval given on the original part number only, during a time when a suffix was not required, so if it's a 1505 body, it's still legal based on the original approval.

I hope that helps to clarify the body situation. As it stands, the bodies on the list are the ones that need to be used."

This was posted on the ROAR forum (Free to all ROAR members if you sign up for it).

Also I Do believe the Mazda Speed 6 has been resubmitted but has not been re-approved yet. It usually takes a week or so. I'll post once I hear its be re-approved.

EA
FYI to everyone like EA said the Mazda Speed 6 has in fact been resubmitted about 2 weeks ago and should be showing up on the list very soon. I personally spoke to Dale about this. Thanks
Old 06-15-2011, 10:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Here is a quote from Steve Pond (Roar President) on the lightweight bodies.

"OK, I talked with our body approval crew, and the Mazda has not been resubmitted for extension, so it will not be legal for use.

Both versions of the LTC ARE legal. This was an approval given on the original part number only, during a time when a suffix was not required, so if it's a 1505 body, it's still legal based on the original approval.

I hope that helps to clarify the body situation. As it stands, the bodies on the list are the ones that need to be used."

This was posted on the ROAR forum (Free to all ROAR members if you sign up for it).

Also I Do believe the Mazda Speed 6 has been resubmitted but has not been re-approved yet. It usually takes a week or so. I'll post once I hear its be re-approved.

EA
Does the same hold true for the p-37? The regular weight version is legal, but the LW suffix isn't on the list.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:38 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
Does the same hold true for the p-37? The regular weight version is legal, but the LW suffix isn't on the list.
That I am not sure about as it was recently submitted and approved for ROAR. I would have to ask that.

EA
Old 06-15-2011, 11:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

per Steve Pond on the ROAR forums:

Hello Mike, and thanks for the question.

The logic behind the change in the voltage limit is this... Our current system allows for a maximum voltage, which has resulted in a number of complaints that sitting in the sun, or charger inaccuracy or for a number of other reasons, has increased the pack voltage beyond the legal limit. The competitor is then allowed a chance to run down the pack and rechecked. The 8.5 volt limit was chosen as a level that ANYONE peaking their pack at 8.4V, not matter how long the pack has been sitting in the sun or how bad the accuracy of the charger is, there's no way it can reach 8.5v. In making this change, however, we're also changing how tech inspection is performed. Now it's a one-shot deal. If you go to tech and your battery measures 8.500001v, the driver is DQed for that round or main.

Although some drivers are wanting to get a new charger so they can get that extra .1 volt (which doesn't really make sense because that's gone after the first warm-up lap), they risk being disqualified. We set the limit at a level that's nearly impossible to achieve when peaking a pack at 8.4v, even in a worst case scenario. That way, there's less fanfare about pack voltage and more about racing. But anyone who views this is an opportunity to overcharge their pack and push it right up to the limit, you won't get a second chance. If you tech over the limit, your DQed... period. My advice to everyone would be to continue charging up to an 8.4v peak, and just go racing. If you want to push your luck and get the other .06v because you think it's really going to make a difference on the track, do so at your own peril. No excuses will be accepted and if you fail tech, there's no second chance.
sounds valid to me - just hope the one-chance or DQ is fully followed
Old 06-15-2011, 11:31 AM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by k_bojar
per Steve Pond on the ROAR forums:

sounds valid to me - just hope the one-chance or DQ is fully followed
Its somewhat Valid....The past 2 years there was NO second chance though so that part is BS. Ask Donnie Lia, Blackstock, Herbert and others that were not allowed to run at the Carpet nats because their pack was 8.401

EA
Old 06-15-2011, 11:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Sounds good to me. I hated looking like an idiot doing burnouts on the track during the race before mine because my charger was an overachiever. This should be an improvement.

Is there a suggested method to find out about he LW P-37's before I paint a couple up for Nats?

See ya in Memphis Eric.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:39 PM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
Sounds good to me. I hated looking like an idiot doing burnouts on the track during the race before mine because my charger was an overachiever. This should be an improvement.

Is there a suggested method to find out about he LW P-37's before I paint a couple up for Nats?

See ya in Memphis Eric.
Post it on the ROAR forum or email [email protected] Thats about the only way I know.

EA
Old 06-15-2011, 01:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

EA!!!
Old 06-15-2011, 01:19 PM
Team EAM

HIRO!!!
Old 06-15-2011, 02:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Al Sodano
???? Please clarify
Al,

Normally by now we could see a list of people signed up for the nats on the ROAR web site.

Mark

Last edited by munrath; 06-15-2011 at 04:20 PM.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard
....... the Mazda Speed 6 has in fact been resubmitted about 2 weeks ago and should be showing up on the list very soon...
Awesome!!
Old 06-16-2011, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kwikvdub
Awesome!!
Stop calling Hubbard awesome. It feeds the fire.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.