Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trinity Reflex 12 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2004, 08:44 AM
Tech Addict

Default Trinity Reflex 12 Forum

just thought id start a forum for these cars, so you dont have to scramble threw the 1/12th forum, and we can share setups
Old 10-18-2005, 11:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

I thought I'd pull this thread form the depths of the forums to see if anyone out there has any feedback on this car. I know there are a lot of them out there, but due to poor Trinity parts support, they seem to be widely ignored now as really good 12th scale cars are now everywhere.

I just picked up a new one, and as much as I dislike Trinity (the company), this car is really trick.

Does anyone have any setup tips, or even a setup sheet for this car? I had a Switchblade and an Evo MANY years ago, so the front end is not new to me, but a refresher course on the possible ways to set the front end up might save me a bit of test time.

Anyone?
Old 10-18-2005, 11:54 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi

I don't have any setup tip. But here is a pic of my car
Attached Thumbnails Trinity Reflex 12 Forum-trinity_reflex_12.jpg  
Old 10-19-2005, 06:55 PM
Tech Elite

Nice photo. Is there seriously no one who has anything to share about this car? How about anything on the infamous Dieter-designed front end, which has been abandoned by Trinity on their newest car, and is popping up on cars like Cyrul's CEFX?

Can anyone tell me if they have ever noticed any Reflex right side hubs that aren't true? The one on my kit seems to have a bit of wobble to it. I'm wondering if there may be a sub-quality bearing in the hub.

Also, do owners of these cars favor the .063" or .075" t-bar?
I'll post photos of my car when I get it completed this week.

doug
Old 10-19-2005, 06:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

this car is dead and no one drive them anymore
Old 10-19-2005, 07:01 PM
Tech Elite

Nice English. You're just jealous.

I know there are more than a few of them out there...
Old 10-19-2005, 08:46 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
Nice photo. Is there seriously no one who has anything to share about this car? How about anything on the infamous Dieter-designed front end, which has been abandoned by Trinity on their newest car, and is popping up on cars like Cyrul's CEFX?

Can anyone tell me if they have ever noticed any Reflex right side hubs that aren't true? The one on my kit seems to have a bit of wobble to it. I'm wondering if there may be a sub-quality bearing in the hub.

Also, do owners of these cars favor the .063" or .075" t-bar?
I'll post photos of my car when I get it completed this week.

doug
Yes, I bought one last year and built it. Bad wobble in the back end. I wasn't the only one. Most people who raced them where I did have long since abandoned them. Either due to inferior parts (rusting) or the front end always being tweaked after the slightest bump. Mine's is sitting in a box (with the steel parts rusting - scary). I called trinity last week since I started back into 12th scale and thought I'd go ahead an get the hub replaced (maybe give it another shot). You just have to call and get a return number, send it to them, and they'll replace it. BTW, I went back to my tried and true CRC Carpet Knife 3.1 (with 3.2 upgrades). I'm much happier now :-).

D...
Old 10-19-2005, 08:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

DEEMAN YOU ARE THE MAN !!!!!! SEE DOUG GET RID OF IT !!!!! LOL
Old 10-20-2005, 07:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi ApexSpeed

I use the .075 T-bar on the last race I drove.

One thing I don't like on this car is the side tube's, I think you have to use the hardes lub you can find to these tubes and the still don't be okay. They are to small IMO and I'am going to change them to the CRC tubes.

other I think this is a good car but I would like to use smaller front wheels
sometimes.
Old 10-20-2005, 10:47 AM
Tech Elite

A few steel turnbuckles with a little surface rust isn't much of a reason to get rid of a car. They are being replaced with Lunsford rods, anyway. Other than the little bit of right hub wobble (Trinity has already been contacted), there is nothing to not like about this car.

Considering the side dampner tubes aren't the main source of side-to-side dampening (t-bar), I'm not too concerned about the stoudtness of the tubes, themselves. They were good enough for guys like Cyrul, Doeseck and Lemieux, they can't be all that bad.

Old 10-20-2005, 12:21 PM
Tech Master

i still know the set up i ran on my car two years ago when i won the snowbirds in 1/12 stock if you want it i can share that with you
Old 10-20-2005, 12:28 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks Mark, I sent you a PM!

doug
Old 10-20-2005, 03:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
Thanks Mark, I sent you a PM!

doug
Hey, Doug,

When you get some setups, post them. I too think it is a trick car. I have three of them!!! One partially built and two kits for parts. (Parts support is what probably killed this car). I do agree that the dampener tubes should be replaced with the CRC tubes. As far as the hubs not being straight, I use Niftech hubs on the right side on all of my 1/12th cars and an IRS on the left. And about that front end. It is a little complex to adjust but like anything else, once you get used to it, there is no big complaint. In fact, by raising and lowering the inner pick up points, you can change your roll center!! Very trick car!
Old 10-20-2005, 03:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Like others have stated, parts supply & support seems to be very limited. I too purchased 2 kits, just in case. I've run the car the last 2 years, and have been very happy with it.

The biggest issues are: (a) some hubs have the wobble --> I've simply purchased IRS replacement axle & hubs, (b) watch the lower rear pod plate, as some will crack in the corner, (c) front bumper will break pretty easily --> if you've only got the one from the kit, you better just use body posts in the chassis and mount your bodies accordingly as replacements are virtually impossible to find, (d) you'll need to pay attention to ride height when running motors/cans without the flat (i.e. epic stock, chameleons, etc), as a full-round can will hang below the rear pod plate (and may end up rubbing on the racing surface).
Old 10-20-2005, 03:41 PM
Tech Elite

I just got off the phone with Trinity tech support, and strangely enough, they had never heard of any right rear hubs with any out of true wobble. I'm gonna send it back anyway, and in the meantime, replace it with an IRS big-ring hub. Too bad they don't offer them in black.

They also said that they have all parts in stock for these cars, and supply isn't an issue. I guess we'll see about that. For as cool as this car is, I'm surprised at the absolute lack of parts availability anywhere but Shop-a-Tron. Trinity everything else can be found everywhere, but the 12th cars seems to be ignored. Odd.

Also, the tech rep conveyed that the new Black Widow is now using the Ass. front end only because too many people were afraid of the reactive/dynamic front end that has been used on every Trinity car for what seems like forever. Too bad they didn't/don't offer the new car both ways to satisfy people who actually like the flexibility of infinite adjustments in a suspension system. I guess its tough to sell a kit to a market who is scared of actually learning how to tune it, and would rather run something that was a snap-together part, ready to race. Maybe this new kit will have more market footprint.

d

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.