Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree26Likes

3 racing new F1

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 05:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I've yet to run mine in a race meet (that happens Saturday), but in comparing the F104 to the 3Racing, my biggest difference I feel is throttle out of turns. I seem to be able to hit the throttle earlier and aggressively as well and it appears to be more settled.

I have my f104 I consider pretty hooked up with a 21.5, but with pretty much the stock box set-up, it appears that handling out of corners is a massive improvement with the 3 racing F1. I also have a 17.5 in it, and it's handling the power very well.

I've yet to play around with the front end. Yes it pushes, but again, hard to tell too much until under race conditions. I'm running Ride Mediums all round at this stage, but have soft's on the way.

I must say I'm in the minority when I say I don't like the quality of it. I think more thought should have been put into the layout of electrics, the mounting of motor's, and the fact that even in red bull colours the body is ugly....but the price you can't beat...so you can't have everything.

I will play with it weather permitting on the weekend and hopefully report more.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Heres my FGX with Pit Shimizu grooved tires and a Tamiya F60 body.

Old 12-02-2011, 12:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
Breaking news!!!!
Formula Rabbit conversions coming to the Paintlab online store soon!!!!
Good news.
I've just picked up the 3Racing 103GT front end for mine... so will be a little wider, and also gives camber and castor adjustment, along with the possibility (although I need to fit it to find out) of using a hex'd front end.. which might allow using FGX wheels all round. But that will have to wait until later in the weekend.
Old 12-02-2011, 06:31 AM
Tech Elite

Default UF1 Series

UF1 Winter Series
2nd Race will be this Saturday...
Doors open at 10AM....
Qualifying at 12...

http://uf1series.com/
Old 12-02-2011, 07:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

Originally Posted by aussierevo
I must say I'm in the minority when I say I don't like the quality of it. I think more thought should have been put into the layout of electrics, the mounting of motor's, and the fact that even in red bull colours the body is ugly....but the price you can't beat...so you can't have everything.

I will play with it weather permitting on the weekend and hopefully report more.
Theres no hope for the body then!!!!
Old 12-02-2011, 08:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aussierevo
The general quality of the fitment is great. The durability of the front end is definitely questionable. But, if the lady in you avatar was holding the painted FGX with RB7 livery, it would look exceptional.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:49 AM
Tech Champion

I was just notified that I got a sack of parts from RCMart, the "Xpress" parts we talked about a couple weeks ago for building a link front end. I'll put one front end set together tonight and document it.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:51 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
The general quality of the fitment is great. The durability of the front end is definitely questionable. But, if the lady in you avatar was holding the painted FGX with RB7 livery, it would look exceptional.
Think you might have a hard time mounting that body on your chassis.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:25 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by 6376vette
Think you might have a hard time mounting that body on your chassis.
Pun intended? That body on anyone's chassis is a winner.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:25 AM
Tech Master

Frontend probably holds up better, definitely looks reinforced.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

Originally Posted by racer robert
Parts need to be cut and drilled to work but not that difficult. All parts are Dubro except the Lunsford 1.5" turnbuckle. really should be a little longer but the next size up is 1.75" and would be too long.
Robert,
how do you prevent the black collar from moving and allowing caster to change??
Old 12-03-2011, 02:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kikcaffine
Robert,
how do you prevent the black collar from moving and allowing caster to change??
I put a 2mm spacer on turnbuckle between the collar and end of threading.
Old 12-03-2011, 04:53 AM
Tech Master

My Fast gear set and sway bar set arrived yesterday. I installed them this morning. So along with the tires and F60 body I also got this week, I will be ready to race next weekend. Racer Robert let me try out 2 sets of his tires last weekend. Grooved seemed to be the better of the two. Hopefully the sway bar keeps the front end from hopping. And hopefully I get more than 2 laps without breaking the lower arm. I put a new one on that I reinforced with carbon flat stock, hopefully the glue will hold.
Old 12-03-2011, 12:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by texastc
My Fast gear set and sway bar set arrived yesterday. I installed them this morning. So along with the tires and F60 body I also got this week, I will be ready to race next weekend. Racer Robert let me try out 2 sets of his tires last weekend. Grooved seemed to be the better of the two. Hopefully the sway bar keeps the front end from hopping. And hopefully I get more than 2 laps without breaking the lower arm. I put a new one on that I reinforced with carbon flat stock, hopefully the glue will hold.
What brand of tires did you use? What compound? What was the racing surface temp.and condition?

I've got the hpi bridgestones in soft and medium on the way. I will give a report after I run them.

Started the fgx build this morning. not too bad but the shocks leak. anyone else have this problem? I used the kit oil and associated green slime but they still leak.
Old 12-03-2011, 01:38 PM
Tech Master

I got the Pit Shimizu grooved. Front med rear soft. Indoor carpet, medium + grip. Buddy that has raced his for a few weeks (Racer Robert) has same issues. Same tires too because I borrowed his. He has tried Ride Super Softs all around, Rides Super soft rear/soft front, Grooved soft all around and Soft rear/ med front. From what I'm understanding, rear end just needs to be stiffer. I don't know, I have less than a full pack through my car. Handles very well, just don't know how much better it can get. His is plenty fast. Really anxious to hit the carpet. Took this weekend off and it is killing me

My shocks haven't leaked.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.