Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree26Likes

3 racing new F1

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 04:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by kid TT-01
Are all the option parts in stock? Asking because on the 3racing site it says "Coming Soon"
Option parts is being order, once available will let everyone know, most of it is stock replacement parts.
Like front arms, front wing, etc.
Thank you
Old 11-07-2011, 04:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Lotus
lightfoot, I checked out your pics of your car; nice job!

It looks like you are using one of the "shorty" 2s lipo packs, am I right?

Did you have any problems with the shocks leaking?; and if so, how did you fix it? Could you post pics of where you dremeled part of the upper deck to give more adjustability to the motor?

How does the car handle with the "shorty" pack and the super softs all the way around?

Also, could you post pics of the car body as well? We haven't seen many of those.

I know it's a lot of questions; but as someone who is "on the fence" about getting the FGX, the more info the better.
I haven't driven the car yet and will paint up the body this week... I do have a Losi 3800 shorty pack shoe gued in there...

The dremel job took about one minute... very easy, and from the top and side view you can't really tell anything was done... just in the area where the motor touches the upper deck...
Old 11-07-2011, 04:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

lightfoot, will a "silver can" motor fit after you made the modifications?

How about the shocks; any leaks?
Old 11-07-2011, 05:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RedBullRacing
Lol, I'd be keen to see his/her chassis setup and body shell pics too.
I would advise against holding ones breath.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
Tryhard & (duh) friend should try harder not to hit walls !!! The car is strong enough for $125, and is a way better value than any tamiya or other available F1 car right now !!!
hmmm... are you blind? or have you not read about others having issues with front arms and king pins? The track I'm racing on is a tight indoor asphalt... walls are a part of that (oh, I forgot, it's the track designers fault! )

After that comment, I'll be the first to bag you when (if you ever get your car on track rather than keyboard driving) you come on here moaning about the strength... I give it a week.

And what the hell does the statement "strong enough for $125" mean... that it's built to a price? If they had made it $130 with proper strength front arms it would be even better value, capiche?!

Unlike you, I have actually paid my own money to own, build and drive the car, so am quite happy to form my own opinions on it.
It has it's problems, but nothing that couldn't (indeed should have) been picked up early on in testing... nor are the problems is too difficult to fix. But the fact we have to DIY fix parts on a new car is not a good thing, IMO, others may think different however.

Lets not forget that a number of people were calling this the great savior of F1, being easy to drive and so on, ideal for beginners... remember beginners tend to hit more stuff, so a durable car is key. This car is simply, at the present time, not durable enough.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:54 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)
Wink

Originally Posted by TryHard
hmmm... are you blind? or have you not read about others having issues with front arms and king pins? The track I'm racing on is a tight indoor asphalt... walls are a part of that (oh, I forgot, it's the track designers fault! )

After that comment, I'll be the first to bag you when (if you ever get your car on track rather than keyboard driving) you come on here moaning about the strength... I give it a week.

And what the hell does the statement "strong enough for $125" mean... that it's built to a price? If they had made it $130 with proper strength front arms it would be even better value, capiche?!

Unlike you, I have actually paid my own money to own, build and drive the car, so am quite happy to form my own opinions on it.
It has it's problems, but nothing that couldn't (indeed should have) been picked up early on in testing... nor are the problems is too difficult to fix. But the fact we have to DIY fix parts on a new car is not a good thing, IMO, others may think different however.

Lets not forget that a number of people were calling this the great savior of F1, being easy to drive and so on, ideal for beginners... remember beginners tend to hit more stuff, so a durable car is key. This car is simply, at the present time, not durable enough.
Why even bother with a troll? Obviously he knows nothing and never owns this car.

Funny that he thinks he know everything while sitting in front of the computer. I even doubt he's even racing at a club level. All talk, no go type.

Even my friend who is a distributor and test-driver for FGX said the the same potential weak front lower arm.

Probably the best is to ignore that troll and keep to the topic. Don't feed him with attentions.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Can you post some pics of the dremeled area? would like to have a look at it before i go in and bugger it up to badly

If not is cool
cheers
Originally Posted by lightfoot
Yeah, I ended up dremeling off some of the upper deck around the left post area, now I can get full motor adjust-ability I'm looking forward to try this car out Sunday...

I'm sort of a sadistic realistic scale kind of a guy and the fact that this car has a weak upper front arm is in a way cool... I mean, when a real F1 car hits the wall hard, that's it... it's out of the race, so why not for RC F1 racing... might make a few drivers think twice before attempting a overly optimistic passing attempt... just keeping it real... it's all I'm saying
Old 11-07-2011, 06:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

"I'm sort of a sadistic realistic scale kind of a guy and the fact that this car has a weak upper front arm is in a way cool... I mean, when a real F1 car hits the wall hard, that's it... it's out of the race, so why not for RC F1 racing... might make a few drivers think twice before attempting a overly optimistic passing attempt... just keeping it real... it's all I'm saying "

The above is a quote from lightfoot, which I agree with. I have noticed where I race that having corner marshals has led to an increase in sloppy driving and overdriving of the cars in all classes, as I think that many have developed the attitude that if they screw up and crash or spin, that the corner marshal will get them going again. This has led to "sloppy" races filled with needless crashes and drivers taking ridiculous risks on the track.

When I used to race F1 with a few friends on a local parking lot, we would mark out a track with firehose and discs, and we would all race together at once with no corner marshals. If you spun or crashed, you had to go and get your own car going again. This resulted in all of us driving better and with our heads because we knew if we didn't, then we would lose too much time and ultimately the race if we constantly had to marshal our own car. It worked great and we had some awesome races.

Maybe a lot of clubs and tracks across the country ought to give this some thought. I have seen some tracks online(mostly overseas) who have done away with corner marshals and prefer it that way, as the driving is better, and the racing is more realistic.

It is possible that you could still have corner marshals, but they would help out only when, say, several cars come together and are tangled up and need to be separated to clear the track and get the race going; or if a car is completely blocking the track and creating a hazard. However, if you spin out on your own or hit the wall and are stuck because you don't have reverse, well, then you are on your own. The race director can assist with this by determining who will get assistance on the track.

Something to think about.
Old 11-07-2011, 06:59 PM
Tech Champion

Thumbs up

I agree with Lotus about the marshalls staying outside of the track until there is a problem, and that it forces racers to drive better... When I use to practice with my Nikko F1 among the 8scales, I knew that if I got hit , that was it for my car, so I learned to take my time and not hit others at all for days on end...Exactly what "some" in CHINA need to do before claiming the fgx arms are weak ! Your driving skills are weak ! WORK ON YOUR DRIVING SKILLS ! Stop criticizing the car because you lose races crashing ! My FGX will be home tomorrow, by the way . I missed the mailman today...I doubt the FGX will be weaker than my old hard plastic Nikko F1, and that's good enough for $125 !!! The BRUCE LEE attitude does not work in F1 RACING OK !!!!!! We all know what happened to him...lol...
Old 11-07-2011, 07:14 PM
Tech Master

So he doesn't have one.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

I just want to say for the record, that what I posted about sloppy driving and corner marshals was not to suggest that anyone here on this thread that have had issues with the weak front suspension arms on the FGX, was overdriving their cars or needed to "work on their driving skills". That did not come from me, but rather from bertrandsv87. He speaks for himself only and his comments do not represent what I was getting at.

I was referring to rc racing in general, as I think lightfoot was as well.

Having said that, I do believe that 3Racing should have done a better job of testing this car and debugging it before it went to market. One person complaining of fragile arms and kingpins and leaky shocks, and motor/gearing issues may be just that person; but when you have most who have actually driven and raced this car saying the same thing, and an aftermarket company developing the Formula Rabbit conversion to address these issues; well then , you have to take it seriously, and realize that there are some potentially serious flaws in the FGX. These are not the result of bad driving, but rather flaws in the car itself, as I see it. That is why I am "on the fence" about purchasing the FGX as opposed to the F104 with the Exotek F1R conversion. My heart wants the FGX for it's scale realism, but my brain says the Exotek F104 is the way to go. Tough choice.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:27 PM
Tech Champion

I will have to fit the FF ball diff in mine, when it gets delivered tomorrow !!! The twelve ball ball diff should work better than the gear diff !!! I wonder if the F104's come with 12ball ball diffs ??? Can't wait for my new ride... thank God for New York City, it's not F... Texas...lol...
Old 11-07-2011, 07:30 PM
Tech Initiate

anyone have a source for ride tires in the u.s. ? tq is out at the moment
Old 11-07-2011, 07:43 PM
Tech Champion

Thumbs up

F104's cost double the fgx price, and will not outperform it by much if at all ! If there is a consensus that the arms are weak, which I don't believe is 3racing's fault that people crash too much, then the aftermarket folks should step in to provide steel arm, but I don't think 3racing should !!! I would rather break a cheap arm than a more expensive part, by the way... What you see as defect actually is better than an aftermarket super strong arm that leads to bigger problems ... I command 3racing for their product, and refute these weak (tamiya)polarized claims outright !!!
Old 11-07-2011, 07:45 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
I agree with Lotus about the marshalls staying outside of the track until there is a problem, and that it forces racers to drive better... When I use to practice with my Nikko F1 among the 8scales, I knew that if I got hit , that was it for my car, so I learned to take my time and not hit others at all for days on end...Exactly what "some" in CHINA need to do before claiming the fgx arms are weak ! Your driving skills are weak ! WORK ON YOUR DRIVING SKILLS ! Stop criticizing the car because you lose races crashing ! My FGX will be home tomorrow, by the way . I missed the mailman today...I doubt the FGX will be weaker than my old hard plastic Nikko F1, and that's good enough for $125 !!! The BRUCE LEE attitude does not work in F1 RACING OK !!!!!! We all know what happened to him...lol...
I know I shouldn't bother... but it's fun to poke the troll...more than anything just to see how much of an idiot it is...

Seriously dude, grow up. You are forming you view, without having even driven the car. I have driven it (and I should mention that I didn't break it, because I know to keep out the barriers), as have a number of others... there were over ten FGX's at the track last time i counted... and pretty much everyone either had broken a top arm, or had modified them to not do so. What does that tell you?

When you have the main 3racing distributor out here already modding the top arm to run links, the week the car is out... well, wise up and open your eyes?

Oh, sorry, I forgot, your such an amazing driver that you never crash, and would whip anyone's backside with a Nikko... I mean, that must be why I've never seen your name on any results, ever, right? don't want to humiliate anyone?*

* when I say anyone, I mean yourself, by actually showing your face at a race track... Oh, and yes, so you don't have to think, I am taking the piss out of you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.