Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree26Likes

3 racing new F1

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 09:10 AM
Tech Initiate

I've been putting together my FGX and the long pins for the rear suspension arms are fitting in crooked, the right side is more crooked than the left, see picture below. When lift up the right arm it sticks instead of move freely like the right arm.

Old 02-26-2012, 09:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by huskerwr38
I've been putting together my FGX and the long pins for the rear suspension arms are fitting in crooked, the right side is more crooked than the left, see picture below. When lift up the right arm it sticks instead of move freely like the right arm.
which piece are you using for the rear? +3? I think you should try using +2 or 1, and lube up the pins at the tips.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:34 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by hkbruin
which piece are you using for the rear? +3? I think you should try using +2 or 1, and lube up the pins at the tips.
I'm using +2, like the directions say.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

That binding could be alot things: Take it apart and find it. Interested to find what you found.

Bent pin: Happened to me once.
Bur on the end of a pin.
Tight tolerance stack: Just sand it down a bit.

I see you dont sand by looking at the suspension arm.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Right, so then I guess what you can try doing is loosening the bulkhead screws from the chassis to let the pieces 'settle' into a better position, and then re-tighten the screws. If I recall, those screws were a pain to thread in all the way and were really tight to turn and could be torquing the plastic.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:11 AM
Tech Initiate

The rear piece just seems like it's too wide.

I don't have any sandpaper.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:53 PM

Trader Rating: 8 (83%+)

The rear piece just seems like it's too wide.

I don't have any sandpaper.
I also had the same thing with mine. But someone left the part that ya meant to cut of on could have been the few drinks I had prior lol.
My problem is my diff is still hell tight and I sanded the back of the sun gears.
Old 02-26-2012, 02:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Another great turnout! once again the FGX was DOMINANT!!
Just a practice day our next race is this coming sunday, 16 cars showed up today and we expect around 20 next sunday for the race!

Old 02-26-2012, 02:51 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by shano83
I also had the same thing with mine. But someone left the part that ya meant to cut of on could have been the few drinks I had prior lol.
My problem is my diff is still hell tight and I sanded the back of the sun gears.

Remove all of the spider gear shims and one of the three sun gear shims on both sides.
Old 02-26-2012, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
Remove all of the spider gear shims and one of the three sun gear shims on both sides.
Cool cheers for the help.
This forum is becoming extremely helpful
Old 02-26-2012, 03:24 PM

Hey guys whats everyone using to paint the black wings white,blue and etc??
Old 02-26-2012, 04:37 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by shano83
Hey guys whats everyone using to paint the black wings white,blue and etc??

dont bother using paint, we used colored vinyl!
Old 02-26-2012, 05:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
dont bother using paint, we used colored vinyl!
+1
Old 02-26-2012, 05:09 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Where is the cheapest place to get small amounts of vinyl?
Old 02-26-2012, 05:16 PM
Tech Champion

A little insight on how the day went with my FGX!
Today was our test and tune day at RCH which is where we will be racing this coming sunday. I planned on making some changes as well as testing tires and the newly released spring kit for the rear as well as my new RCshox pistons and wheel spacers. Yesterday a made a batch of pistons because i believe with the leverage advantage with cantilevers the suspension would work better with thicker oils so i made some 3mm thick pistons with 1x1.5mm hole and started with 2000 CST fluid, immediately felt much smoother. On the track it was interesting, since this is a parking lot it was obviously not as smooth as the world class track I normally run on so i wanted something softer to absorb the bumps but i didnt want to start lifting the front wheels in the corners and this setup seemed to address both issues and VERY well. Tires at this time were shimizu soft front and rear, car had great steering and rear traction but wanted to toss the rear around mid turn. Although it was fast it felt like i was driving on egg shells so something needed to be changed. So I went to the Bridgestone soft slicks all the way around, this created some push but felt more comfortable but slower because the rear was not as planted on exit. I removed the sway bar in an attempt to keep the boat effect away and it felt really good and was getting faster! Next change was going to shimizu rears while keeping the Bridgstone fronts and BLAM she really woke up! Had to drive with the brakes but i have them set up soft so it wouldnt pitch the ass around. At this point it was VERY obvious that my car is the car to beat, it had more corner speed than any of the 104's and i was literally lapping the faster guys at will, nobody could hold me off more than a lap! ALL the smack talk stopped So now that the car was setup to my liking I installed the 3racing option soft springs ( I think they are stiffer than the stock ones but its really close) and it felt even better, didnt bother going any stiffer, dont think i need to!

So looking over the car now it looks like i need more rear camber as the tires are wearing on the outside pretty bad. the front likes 3*. I am at 1.5 in the rear so will go to 2.5 and let the rest of the car stay where it is.

something interesting, if you look at this pic closely I extended the side dam's down even with the chassis (about 5mm from the ground) you can see where the car is wearing the dam's from scraping the ground!! thats some serious body roll!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.