Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 11:15 AM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by POOKYT
I'll give it a whirl this Sunday at the track.

BTW--Are you guys running anything similar to the Numan set-up on asphalt with the rear motor car?? I mean like high front roll center and low rear roll center? Later

Brant
No the setup is a bit different. High roll center on the front and rear. We need to run the roll center high in the rear to support the motor gyration.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:27 AM
Tech Master

We at Hertford Radio Car Club (H,RC,C,) which is situated at Wodson Leisure Centre in Ware Hertfordshire will be running a 5, round winter series (4 to count) this year and part of next dates TBA. We are now a BRCA affiliated club and have gone from strength to strength, We run white trunking for track markers. There will be a modified, 19t & 27t class. We will also have Colin Bliss Models on site for anything you require. The control tyre will be RP 24’s with a water based additive only. We have toilet facilities and also food can be bought from the canteen. You will need to enter through the HRCC website and pay using paypal or send a cheque made payable to our club. £ 8 per meeting or £10 on the day
If you would like to know more about this series, then please do not hesitate to call or email me through.
07836 258 926 www.coolcanfan.com or www.hrcc.info
Cheers Malc TCCFM
Old 07-20-2006, 02:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TheCoolCanFanMan
We at Hertford Radio Car Club (H,RC,C,) which is situated at Wodson Leisure Centre in Ware Hertfordshire will be running a 5, round winter series (4 to count) this year and part of next dates TBA. We are now a BRCA affiliated club and have gone from strength to strength, We run white trunking for track markers. There will be a modified, 19t & 27t class. We will also have Colin Bliss Models on site for anything you require. The control tyre will be RP 24’s with a water based additive only. We have toilet facilities and also food can be bought from the canteen. You will need to enter through the HRCC website and pay using paypal or send a cheque made payable to our club. £ 8 per meeting or £10 on the day
If you would like to know more about this series, then please do not hesitate to call or email me through.
07836 258 926 www.coolcanfan.com or www.hrcc.info
Cheers Malc TCCFM
Sorry, but the tyres should have read LRP 24 part No LRP 65051 and NOT RP24's Sorry guy's
Cheers Malc TCCFM ;0)
Old 07-20-2006, 06:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by T. Hodge
No the setup is a bit different. High roll center on the front and rear. We need to run the roll center high in the rear to support the motor gyration.

(Pookyt looks deeply into his monitor with squinted eyes as he reads Todds post)

Hmmmm........can you elaborate a lil on the gyroscopic stuff? Sounds cool!!
I have a picture in my mind of holding up my JRXS and with the motor turning the gyro effect makes the chassis fairly neutral as the gyro force is felt in the middle.....? Maybe? And that the rear motor car in the same circumstance will have less frontal resistance to the gyro as opposed to the rear? Am I way off or am I close?

Brant
Old 07-21-2006, 05:00 AM
Tech Master

Hi All you racers out there
confirmed dates for Hertford Rug Racers 2006/7

Round 1) 22nd October 2006
Round 2) 5th November 2006
Round 3) 17th December 2006
Round 4) 11th February 2007
Round 5) 4th March 2007

4, rounds to count
Doors will open at 8am
The dates will NOT clash with Carpet Wars, and have spoken With Ian Knight of Maritime Racing in great length with regards to the two meetings, and will be working together to help this great sport of ours to hopefully to bring in more racers.
If you have any questions, then please ask away
Cheers Malc THE CAN MAN

www.hertfordracing.co.uk should be up and running by Tuesday 25th July
Old 07-21-2006, 09:31 AM
Tech Regular

Are we talking that the roll center change on the basic JrXs will enhance performance on carpet also?
Old 07-21-2006, 01:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I prefer the RC in the rear high on my car. front low.
Old 07-21-2006, 03:11 PM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by POOKYT
(Pookyt looks deeply into his monitor with squinted eyes as he reads Todds post)

Hmmmm........can you elaborate a lil on the gyroscopic stuff? Sounds cool!!
I have a picture in my mind of holding up my JRXS and with the motor turning the gyro effect makes the chassis fairly neutral as the gyro force is felt in the middle.....? Maybe? And that the rear motor car in the same circumstance will have less frontal resistance to the gyro as opposed to the rear? Am I way off or am I close?

Brant
Hold a 7 turn in your hand while it is hooked up to your ESC. Now punch the throttle. Feel the torque. Now imagine how that effects your car.
Old 07-21-2006, 03:11 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

keith

could you post your current foam front motor setup????

thanks

MAtt
Old 07-21-2006, 07:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Current setup is the very same as it was 6 months ago.. ;0

Pg 351 of this thread... with a couple changes

25lb front springs and 70wt oil.

again.. Papa Hodge said he was going to post it on the site.. but he "blew out on that one" (to quote him)

If i knew how to post a link directly to the post (post count) i would put it in my sig... hint hint... if anyone who knows how to do that feels like telling me

Keith
Old 07-21-2006, 07:50 PM
Tech Addict

hi, there iam looking at getting one of these cars. but i heard they got anew one the jrx-sr is this true? if so i will wait till it is relaised.. what are your thoughts on the car.. compared to say th ft tc4 which iam currently running..
i run carpet in doors. here www.brcc.org.au thanks.. ps anyone got a cheap one they wanna sell?
Old 07-22-2006, 04:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Keith Billanti
If i knew how to post a link directly to the post (post count) i would put it in my sig... hint hint... if anyone who knows how to do that feels like telling me

Here you go, Keith.

Once you find the post, you right click the link in the top right of the post that says Post #10508 and you copy link location. You can paste that anywhere and it shows up as a single post. There are other ways to get the page with an anchor directly to the individual post, but it's a bit more complicated.

doug
Old 07-22-2006, 04:48 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bummy
hi, there iam looking at getting one of these cars. but i heard they got anew one the jrx-sr is this true? if so i will wait till it is relaised.. what are your thoughts on the car.. compared to say th ft tc4 which iam currently running..
i run carpet in doors. here www.brcc.org.au thanks.. ps anyone got a cheap one they wanna sell?
It goes without saying,.............. but I will anyway's it will be out in about 2 weeks apparently Sorry dude its an on going joke and could not resist.
I have driven a TC3&4 and it does not compare to the drive of the JRX-S as this car is soooooo SMOOTH to drive once you have it set up right, and being belt drive not soooo snatchy on exceloration
Cheers Malc THE CAN MAN
Old 07-22-2006, 04:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

The only guys with the rear motor car are Losi team guys testing the prototypes. I doubt there will be any unbiased reviews of the car until it is released to the public, though it looks to be much stonger on carpet than the mid motor car right off the bat.

The last timeline I heard was from Todd, saying late September release.
Old 07-22-2006, 05:11 AM
Tech Addict

the mid motor makes sense but, so there is a jrx-sr but who knows i seen, they won a few events all ready that is all. so you guys highyl recommend it? better then xray? i do run carpet..... trie not to be biasce

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.