Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 05:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

No one could possibly know one way or the other... the car does not exist yet!
Old 07-22-2006, 05:39 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
No one could possibly know one way or the other... the car does not exist yet!

i really like your paint shemce on ya car, i got it as my desktop that is very eye catching aint it... so the question still remsins do i go the xray path or try the losi one? or stick with associated?
Old 07-22-2006, 06:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bummy
i really like your paint shemce on ya car, i got it as my desktop that is very eye catching aint it... so the question still remsins do i go the xray path or try the losi one? or stick with associated?

OK.......I'm anything BUT unbiased when it comes to car brands!!!!!!!

I have raced Losi cars and trucks since 1988. I have always enjoyed the engineering and out of the box designs. Three years ago I bought a XXXS and started to run with the guys in Memphis and really got hooked on the sedans. After a few races, the fast guys said "Man your doing pretty good but you need to run X-Ray because they are faster". Well, me being me, I knew right then and there I would do anything in my power to beat their butts with my Losi! After running the XXXS and later the G+, I finally got a handle on chassis set-ups and actually won some races. Last year, with my JRXS in hand, I have consistantly either won my class or finished second.

My point is that any of your choices are capable of winning but you must put the time into tunning the car to suit your style. Pick the one you can easily get parts for or, if your new to racing, that you can get local help at your track. Good Luck to you and hope to see you in here or on JRXS.com with questions and comments. RAce On!!!!

Brant
Old 07-22-2006, 07:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by POOKYT

Brant
No foolin'!
Old 07-22-2006, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JRX-S Bill
No foolin'!

LOL I'm old Skool!!!

Race Rule#1..........Beat all the Associated vehicles!!! PERIOD!
Race Rule#2..........See rule #1

Brant
C.B.O. (Chief BS Officer)
B-Main Motorsports
Old 07-22-2006, 09:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

LOL I'm old Skool!!!

Race Rule#1..........Beat all the Associated vehicles!!! PERIOD!
Race Rule#2..........See rule #1

Brant
C.B.O. (Chief BS Officer)
B-Main Motorsports
What? You ONLY have to race against Associated vehicles...I see!

See ya in LV...In two months...Should be "two weeks".
Old 07-22-2006, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

I have raced Losi cars and trucks since 1988. I have always enjoyed the engineering and out of the box designs. Three years ago I bought a XXXS and started to run with the guys in Memphis and really got hooked on the sedans. After a few races, the fast guys said "Man your doing pretty good but you need to run X-Ray because they are faster". Well, me being me, I knew right then and there I would do anything in my power to beat their butts with my Losi! After running the XXXS and later the G+, I finally got a handle on chassis set-ups and actually won some races. Last year, with my JRXS in hand, I have consistantly either won my class or finished second.

My point is that any of your choices are capable of winning but you must put the time into tunning the car to suit your style. Pick the one you can easily get parts for or, if your new to racing, that you can get local help at your track. Good Luck to you and hope to see you in here or on JRXS.com with questions and comments. RAce On!!!!

Brant
Great advice Brant. You can be fast with any car as long as you take the time to learn how to setup each specific car. And believe me, EVERY car is different in the way it will respond to certain changes. I'm the crazy guy that has an RDX, a T2, and now a JRXS. I got the JRXS to get my son into something up from what he was running. Let's just say I now have 2 JRXS's as I like the car so much I got another one for my son so I can keep the first one . I'm still keeping my RDX and T2 as I know What they are capable of and what I can do with them. But with all 3 cars, I have spent time with the setup and took the time to learn what works on each car. It took me almost a year to REALLY dial in the RDX to my likings as I was the only one at the track who really focused on it. Nice thing about the T2 is my Teammate has always been an Xray guy and gave me a good base setup for me to tweak. Best thing about the JRXS is Mike Haynes came up and kicked my butt all over the track with his JRXS and was kind enough to send me his setup for me to start with. Thanks Mike!! Bottom line, go with the car you think you can learn the best with and has great support. The forum boards are always a great place to go and I have to say the JRXS thread and the RDX thread have been the most help.
Good luck on your car choice and make sure you keep making it fun for yourself!!!
Old 07-22-2006, 10:41 AM
Tech Elite

What? You ONLY have to race against Associated vehicles...I see!

Oh no!!!! The major chassis group here in the MSRA is the X-Ray. I just can't let the past rivalry die ya see. We have 5-6 fast X-Ray cars, 2-3 fast 415's, 1 fast RDX, 1 fast Yokomo BD and 1 FAST JRXS (me)!!!!!! The Yokomo guy also has a TC4 he uses when he breaks his BD. Its just a lil sweeter beating him when he drives the TC4!!! HEHEHEHEHE

Vegas in deux months my friend! Salute!!!

Brant
Old 07-22-2006, 10:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Glowster21
Great advice Brant. You can be fast with any car as long as you take the time to learn how to setup each specific car. And believe me, EVERY car is different in the way it will respond to certain changes. I'm the crazy guy that has an RDX, a T2, and now a JRXS. I got the JRXS to get my son into something up from what he was running. Let's just say I now have 2 JRXS's as I like the car so much I got another one for my son so I can keep the first one . I'm still keeping my RDX and T2 as I know What they are capable of and what I can do with them. But with all 3 cars, I have spent time with the setup and took the time to learn what works on each car. It took me almost a year to REALLY dial in the RDX to my likings as I was the only one at the track who really focused on it. Nice thing about the T2 is my Teammate has always been an Xray guy and gave me a good base setup for me to tweak. Best thing about the JRXS is Mike Haynes came up and kicked my butt all over the track with his JRXS and was kind enough to send me his setup for me to start with. Thanks Mike!! Bottom line, go with the car you think you can learn the best with and has great support. The forum boards are always a great place to go and I have to say the JRXS thread and the RDX thread have been the most help.
Good luck on your car choice and make sure you keep making it fun for yourself!!!

Yup!! I agree!!

BTW-----I just learned that if you have anything other than a JRXS that you may want to sell, you need get rid of them before the end of September. The non-Losi chassis values will plummit when the R version is released!!! LMAO

Brant
Unbiased Director
B-Main Motorsports
Old 07-22-2006, 11:08 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by T. Hodge
Hey guys, we have been doing alot of testing lately. We have found that lowering the rear diff and keeping the front high is a huge improvement on the rear engine car. Could you guys give it a try on the front engine car and see what you think?
Hi Todd.

Ran my car at my track yesterday. I thought I had the setup pretty well dialled, been driving at that track for ages. Its a reasonably tight carpet track, medium bite, with foams (but no additive). Always had the rear diff in the high position (front high). Tried running it in the low position (did first run on my std setup) - wow. As far as I could tell, it freed up the rear end of the car a lot more, making it rotate easier ... but it wasn't like it took away grip though or made it feel loose. Took about 2 tenths off my laptime.

If you want other info (setup or track pic) drop me an email [email protected]

Hope thats helpful info!

Oli
UK

Oh BTW was in front of all 4 Xray T2's at the club.
Old 07-22-2006, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

Good run Oli!!!! Way to stack up the T2's and others!!!!

Brant
Old 07-22-2006, 01:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Glowster21
Best thing about the JRXS is Mike Haynes came up and kicked my butt all over the track with his JRXS and was kind enough to send me his setup for me to start with. Thanks Mike!! Bottom line, go with the car you think you can learn the best with and has great support. The forum boards are always a great place to go and I have to say the JRXS thread and the RDX thread have been the most help.
No problem, im glad my car was that dialed when i got up there since it was already late and i had just came from the rained out oudoor race.

Did you use the entire setup, or just most?
Old 07-22-2006, 02:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Wrong!!!!!!

4 fortnights......
Old 07-22-2006, 05:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

So are all the JRXS guys that are goin to LV gettin together for a drink and BS session? I don't know that JRXS Bill would be invited unless you gets another car before Vegas!!
Old 07-22-2006, 07:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Yeti35
So are all the JRXS guys that are goin to LV gettin together for a drink and BS session? I don't know that JRXS Bill would be invited unless you gets another car before Vegas!!

Heck yea hes invited!!!!!! He has to buy the first round!!!!!!

Brant

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.