Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 05:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by POOKYT
That looks good! It also looks like a eally good asphalt set-up too. Did you run Vegas this year? I'm hoping to go and I want to run rubber tires. This looks like a good starting point. Thanks for the post

Brant
I couldn't go last year, but this year i hope to go!

A few of us just decided to run rubber tires to have a change of pace at the local track, so we started messing. The grip level is very similar to what a big race will have to offer.
Old 04-09-2006, 06:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcracingkid
I couldn't go last year, but this year i hope to go!

A few of us just decided to run rubber tires to have a change of pace at the local track, so we started messing. The grip level is very similar to what a big race will have to offer.

Does the rubber on carpet give you a feel like say a med. bite asphalt?

Brant
Old 04-09-2006, 06:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have to say it feels pretty similar, last year i was going on carpet after an outdoor race for kicks, and it seemed my car just needed a slightly stiff front spring and the 42 diff as oposed to outdoor where i ran a spooled 41 and a softer sring. I will be on pavement in "2 weeks" or so LOL, and will post my changes, i plan to run a spool 41 or 1 way 42 and the 15lb springs, possibly 1 location lower on the front camber link mount. Should be all it needs to be good, the car was VERY well balenced on carpet.
Old 04-09-2006, 06:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

WELL !!!!! Thats just 2-Bad isn't it??!! LMAO

What tires are you guys running over there??

Brant
Stop picking on me... I'm only a little fella...LOL

What seems to the No1 "Controlled Tire" over here is the Sorex 36 with a C med.... But the best tire/insert I've had under the car is a Sorex 36/ with Xenon black.... Last year I went through a heap of inserts just trying to find the best one for one of our tracks here.... So glad the "Controlled Tire" looks like being established now.
Old 04-09-2006, 06:55 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

If you make the shock change and its better but not much or you lean the shocks in 1 hole and get the same results, then I would remove one of the thick roll center shims and replace it with the thinner one. If you need steering overall then drop the front roll center. If the front is fine and the rear is loose then raise the rear roll center. Once you get it close then you can fine tune with the shock angles and camber links. LOL Sounds like you has a full day with the adjustments and some electric troubles. Hang in there and it will get better.

Brant
I will keep those adjustments in mind for next weekend. I will have a new speedo for next weekend so I'm hopping this will fix the problem.
Old 04-09-2006, 07:28 PM
Tech Addict

Well I finally had a good day of racing with my JRX-S... The car was absolutely dialed up at CEFX with the BK carpet nats setup from losi's site. Only change I made was the addition of the second thickest swaybar to the front. Had WAYYYY too much steering and when I added the swaybar, it calmed it right down to a smooth and driveable level. Unfortunately, my driving skills are not up to par as of yet so I was only able to CQ. Hopefully I can do a little better at the first annual Michigan state champs in 2 weeks.

Wish me luck...

Tony
Old 04-09-2006, 07:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RcCzarOfOld
Well I finally had a good day of racing with my JRX-S... The car was absolutely dialed up at CEFX with the BK carpet nats setup from losi's site. Only change I made was the addition of the second thickest swaybar to the front. Had WAYYYY too much steering and when I added the swaybar, it calmed it right down to a smooth and driveable level. Unfortunately, my driving skills are not up to par as of yet so I was only able to CQ. Hopefully I can do a little better at the first annual Michigan state champs in 2 weeks.

Wish me luck...

Tony

Tony!, I think ill be there too!

I ran a pair of packs through my car today at the gate.. after they were done.. and it was pretty dialed in high traction...

Keith
Old 04-09-2006, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

you two keep us posted on how the rubber thing goes.

2-Bad....I just had to pick at'cha a little bit ya know! LOL As for tires I have run some sorex and I really have been the most happy with the RP tires. I consistantly get more tire life out of them than any other I have tried. Fairly cheap too. Just wish they would start making premounts in Yellow rims. Too many years of racing offroad and I hate these white wheels!!!!!! YUCK!

WYD--just don't hesitate in trying the roll center adjustments. I know its a pain readjusting your ride height and droop and all but the benefits are huge. Roll on with it!!

rcracingkid--I have thought from several set-ups on rubber/carpet that it must be a lot like asphalt. Glad to hear your input.

Brant
Old 04-09-2006, 09:50 PM
Tech Elite

2-Bad....I just had to pick at'cha a little bit ya know! LOL As for tires I have run some sorex and I really have been the most happy with the RP tires. I consistantly get more tire life out of them than any other I have tried. Fairly cheap too. Just wish they would start making premounts in Yellow rims. Too many years of racing offroad and I hate these white wheels!!!!!! YUCK!
What did you do when the blue BK XXX rims came out?

Peter
Old 04-09-2006, 09:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 2-Bad
What did you do when the blue BK XXX rims came out?

Peter
After I threw up a few times I sold the ones out of my kit to some new kids at the track and ran my tires I already had mounted on yellow rims. Soon after the colored plastic parts came out I replaced all of the blue with yellow as well. The blue shock adjusters killed me untill the MF ones were released too! Pooky's not down with the blue. I guess you figured that out? LMAO

Brant
Old 04-09-2006, 11:08 PM
Tech Elite

Pooky's not down with the blue. I guess you figured that out? LMAO

Brant
Yes I did.... Now for the next question... (do you know what it will be???)

What did you do with the original MF Truck rims??? and you thought the blue was bad...
Old 04-10-2006, 12:02 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 2-Bad
Yes I did.... Now for the next question... (do you know what it will be???)

What did you do with the original MF Truck rims??? and you thought the blue was bad...

LMAO! You got me again. I sold them to a buddy who just loved the red wheels. I really do like all the red plastic but those wheels! Ugh!! There used to be a company in the US that made some aftermarket car parts back in the early '90's. They were called Litespeed. They had several heatsink motor plates. They also had a line of dye for plastics and I used their fluorescent yellow to dye my wheels back in the day. Its just me! the chassis can be all cool with blue or purple or green or red anodized stuff but the wheels gotta be Yellow!!!! Mainly because I always have yellow on my body's. White sucks! Atleast for me it does. Thats probably more than you wanted to know so ..........sorry! LOL

Brant
Old 04-10-2006, 02:09 AM
Tech Elite

So who's car is that in your sig..... It has white wheels
Old 04-10-2006, 06:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Keith Billanti
Tony!, I think ill be there too!

I ran a pair of packs through my car today at the gate.. after they were done.. and it was pretty dialed in high traction...

Keith

I borrowed Chicky's car for the race and I got it really good in the Main, but after watching Keiths car for a pack, his is dialeder........

Ray
Old 04-10-2006, 11:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rayhuang
I borrowed Chicky's car for the race and I got it really good in the Main, but after watching Keiths car for a pack, his is dialeder........

Ray

Thanks Ray. Its nice to hear positive things once and a while.

You shoulda stuck around for pack #2!!! I was my usuall 5 teeth under geared at the gate... i tossed one of pauls cogs on and my car went 6 tenths faster !! LMAO..

I wanted to run a couple more packs but we (Chickey, Hodge, Goetz, Hermanski, Brad Johnson and a guy I have met but cannot recal his name (embarrased) went to dinner.

I missed running with you all.. and I think I may make a conscience effort to come out on a friday or two.

KB

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.