Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DirtyDog3375
Here's a man with way too much time on his hands!!!

Oh... but wait, that's right, he's in a retirement home!!!

Pete's got nothing better to do, except for when he's at bingo or playing shuffleboard with his imaginary friends!!!

Watch it Kiddo!!!!
Don't make me drive over to your place and slap you around again !!!

Whew.... !!!
I think I need my afternoon nap now...
Old 04-11-2006, 12:41 PM
Tech Regular

We can't have this thread on the Second Page!!! TTT!!!

Anyway.

I will be trying the Shock Tower Mods this weekend at the Club Track, we shall see how it goes!
Old 04-11-2006, 01:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rayhuang
What I did to make my car better for the Main was raise the rear roll center. I did this because as the grip gets higher-to me the car gets EASIER to drive, but it desont take a set and carve the corner. The higher rear roll was my thought on that. Then when I saw you running 10.9's your first pack and watched how your car took a set and then entered the turn-I was like "@#@#@%$!@&!*@%!*" thats what I want ANY TC to do when I drive it!!

I know-I am pathetic, but I cannot help but think how Rice and I would have done with your car!!

Ray

Oh absolutely. The rear high RC makes the car steer with the front wheels, rather than the rear.

Your not pathetic.. I totally agree with you. My car with other setups on it performed like you saw at Novak.. it got around the track.. but faught me all the way... and was still 3 tenths down.. this setup is money.

Use it and let me know what you think! 5-5.5 foot turning circle..
Keith
Old 04-11-2006, 03:48 PM
Tech Regular

Wow!

Spent a lot of time this week making up the rear shock tower mod and the JR front link. Took it to the club tonite, and it was DEFINATLY the best the car has ever been.

Just needs a little more tinkering with. The setup I ended running was quite strange. Basically front was the old wishbones (broke new ones and BK brackets didnt fit with foams ) with 50lb springs and the JR link, rear was the shock tower mod with brackets and 20lb. Traction was medium, foam tyres, a tight but fast layout, roughly 11 sec laps but mostly high speed corners.

Thanks for all your help guys, gonna get some new arms so I can make it super dialled now

Oli
Old 04-11-2006, 09:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Keith from your post #11403 which setup are you refering to, what is the post # or what page are you refering to? Thanks JW.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bigger Brother
Wow!

Spent a lot of time this week making up the rear shock tower mod and the JR front link. Took it to the club tonite, and it was DEFINATLY the best the car has ever been.

Just needs a little more tinkering with. The setup I ended running was quite strange. Basically front was the old wishbones (broke new ones and BK brackets didnt fit with foams ) with 50lb springs and the JR link, rear was the shock tower mod with brackets and 20lb. Traction was medium, foam tyres, a tight but fast layout, roughly 11 sec laps but mostly high speed corners.

Thanks for all your help guys, gonna get some new arms so I can make it super dialled now

Oli

Oli--Don't forget when you have some bench time you can put the brackets on a spare set of arms and mark lines on the arms beside the brackets. Then use your Dremel to cut out the section you have marked so the brackets are recessed. Use these arms next time you get in a bind and they should work just fine with the foams. Good Luck!

Brant
Old 04-12-2006, 03:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Keith from your post #11403 which setup are you refering to, what is the post # or what page are you refering to? Thanks JW.

Johnny Wishbone- from the isle of st. croix?? Psychic extrordinair?

Uhh.. dont know the post number... its on PG 351 of this thread. I thought it was going on the losi website... but that was months ago... and still not there.. ill ask about that so that I can have an easy link in my sig..

Keith
Old 04-12-2006, 04:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Keith Billanti
OK.. home from work.

What I did= Moved rear shock tower to the front side of the bukhead, and then mounted the shocks on the front of the arms.

What needed to be modified= Bulkhead radius needed to shaved flat, arms needed to be drilled in front, same as outside hole, then mount your BK brackets that are now laying in your pit box to achive the desireable geometry.

What did it do to the car= well.. how should I put this. It made it FAST, it made it smooth and it made it consistant.

I have been working with this car since the beginning of december with less than perfect results.. lately, I have been trying just off the wall stuff to get it to go fast. I have tried dropped spindles (shaved .050")in the front to cause the car to roll more.. which I actually liked.. but it made the spindle very very fragile. I have been running the rear roll center in full high position and i think this is the way to go. My thoughs are running the front high causes the rear end to do all of the steering.. not the front. Personally, I want my front end to do all the work and have the rear end follow.

This past weekend i was staring at my car during down time just dreaming up different ideas and changes. This one, we have seen on another car or two and i went for it.

WHY? why not? took 20 min to rig up... and its another tuning option. You move your shocks out on the arms and you get a different feel.. same principle except the shock is moving closer to centerline.

Results? Well.. i have VERY limmited experience with this setup, and ONLY on carpet... but the weekend before.. my best qualifying time at CEFX (i believe) was a 31/5:00.. and TQ was a 32/5:03 or 04- layed down by a recent Snowbird A main finalist. This week.. my TQ was a 33/5:08.. and then i ran an 06' in the main. This was the SINGLE thing I changed from last weekend to this one. The track was the same, because the same guys were turning the same fast laps and qualified very close to last week. this was a grooved track.. id say if Novak or vegas was a 10 on traction.. and fresh track is a zero.. this track was a 6 by the mains.

Feel? well.. my car has never felt "there". It always seemed to just plow around the track.. never actually feeling hooked up and fast at the same time.. definately would not turn the same lap 2X's. This week.. the car TURNED.. yet it never broke traction. The car rolled through turns precisely and seemed to actually carry speed. The car did exactly what i wanted.. and was never a handfull. It was dare i say as fast as my _______ (insert last car name here). It made the car react faster both off and on power without making it feel over worked.

So= if you guys are bored...try it. let me know what you think.

The whole setup is this

front
Spring= 30lbs
Piston=57
oil= 70
camberlink=low and stock (not JR)
shock position= BK hole, middle of new tower, (all the way in on old tower)
Pin angle= 1 degree out.
6 degree castor
low roll
1mm up travel

Rear
Spring=20lbs
Piston=56
Oil=40
Camber link= 5-B
Shock position= BK bracket/ 2
TOE= one at pins, one at hubs (2 total)/offset hubs
HIGH ROLL center
2mm up travel

PROTOform G6
PARMA cyan/magenta 2.18".
EA Motorsports C2 19t, F brush... 35/128
track CEFX (82X36=ozite daytona)

any questions.. feel free to fire them!
KB

from page 351
Old 04-12-2006, 06:40 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I'm running a one way at this time and was thinking of going to the spool with the 41 tooth pulley? Will the spool with the overdrive give me a little bit more steering in the middle out of the corners on power than the one way?

Could I basically overdrive the front one with the 41 tooth and get the same results minus having brakes? I didn't get around to building my spool this yet but was thinking of going to it this week to try.
Old 04-12-2006, 06:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Todd hodge ygpm
Old 04-12-2006, 07:52 AM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by wyd
I'm running a one way at this time and was thinking of going to the spool with the 41 tooth pulley? Will the spool with the overdrive give me a little bit more steering in the middle out of the corners on power than the one way?

Could I basically overdrive the front one with the 41 tooth and get the same results minus having brakes? I didn't get around to building my spool this yet but was thinking of going to it this week to try.
Most likely the spool will have less overall steering however you will be able to use the brakes. The 41T pulley(overdrive) does help the spool turn in and give more steering on exit.
Old 04-12-2006, 08:02 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Thanks Todd. I will have to give it a try. Are track is flowing but small so in stock the one is fine but with 19T it can be an adventure with a one way.
Old 04-12-2006, 02:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by POOKYT
Oli--Don't forget when you have some bench time you can put the brackets on a spare set of arms and mark lines on the arms beside the brackets. Then use your Dremel to cut out the section you have marked so the brackets are recessed. Use these arms next time you get in a bind and they should work just fine with the foams. Good Luck!

Brant
Duh why didnt I think of that!?!?! I borrowed the dremel off my dad for the first time to make all the mods ... I'm addicted

One thing I forgot to mention - I used XXX-S arms for the JR link, but i had to sand the sides down to about half their original thickness to allow clearence for foams when you are steering. Anyone else have to do this or did I do something wrong?

Also went racing again tonite, setup exactly the same, went a lap quicker than I've ever been round that track before. I'm lovin the dremel

Oli
Old 04-12-2006, 03:55 PM
Tech Elite

Duh why didnt I think of that!?!?! I borrowed the dremel off my dad for the first time to make all the mods ... I'm addicted

One thing I forgot to mention - I used XXX-S arms for the JR link, but i had to sand the sides down to about half their original thickness to allow clearence for foams when you are steering. Anyone else have to do this or did I do something wrong?

Also went racing again tonite, setup exactly the same, went a lap quicker than I've ever been round that track before. I'm lovin the dremel

Oli
Don't worry about thinning the link down to fit. Not to mention it makes it look cool too.

Welcome to Dremel Motorsports baby!!!!

Brant
Old 04-12-2006, 06:43 PM
TLRacing

Oli
Right on!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.