Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 09:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vic0280
i am using a hako, normally never in my life had a problem soldering. i am gonna try and buy new tubes, see if that was the problem.

It also depends if you have a good sized tip. Sometimes the one supplied with the iron is too small to transfer all the heat. Ya gotta get the biggest chisel tip they make...
Old 10-31-2005, 07:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default jrxs

I have the big chisel type. and they stick until i bend the battery bar and then they snap off, because the solder isnt holding to the tube.. never had a problem soldering anything in the past and dont now, except trying to use these damn connectors because direct soldering the packs are a pain in the ass. but i guess i will direct solder.
Old 10-31-2005, 08:10 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by vic0280
I have the big chisel type. and they stick until i bend the battery bar and then they snap off, because the solder isnt holding to the tube.. never had a problem soldering anything in the past and dont now, except trying to use these damn connectors because direct soldering the packs are a pain in the ass. but i guess i will direct solder.
I have not used the Corally connectors, but I have used the Trinity tube connectors that look similar. These stay soldered. You might want to give those a try.

Ira
Old 10-31-2005, 11:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default JRXS

thanks i blumberg
Old 10-31-2005, 12:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Arrow halloween race at the gate

hey guys,

i don't know who was keeping up with things this weekend, but we just finished up our third annual halloween classic here at the gate. the losi cars looked awesome in stock this weekend.

eli ezrow (1fastdude) - held down second for the stock amain and was one of only a handful to run a 11.3 second laps in stock.

buddy blystone (buddyb) - was on a tq pace half way through the last round, when he broke, landing him in the bmain. he too ran some very fast laps.

i highly recommend that one of these setups be applied for the cleveland...

Last edited by seaball; 10-31-2005 at 12:48 PM.
Old 10-31-2005, 12:26 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Looks like the JRXS and TC4 do work!!!!!!!!!! People complain so much about them it seems that is nice to see them lay it down some. I think Craig Xavier won the B in Mod with his JRXS. He soes well with his car on carpet and asphalt.
Old 10-31-2005, 03:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by seaball
hey guys,

i don't know who was keeping up with things this weekend, but we just finished up our third annual halloween classic here at the gate. the losi cars looked awesome in stock this weekend.

eli ezrow (1fastdude) - held down second for the stock amain and was one of only a handful to run a 11.3 second laps in stock.

buddy blystone (buddyb) - was on a tq pace half way through the last round, when he broke, landing him in the bmain. he too ran some very fast laps.

Congrats on the good runs ,guys.Two questions,were you using rubber or foam tires and are these set-ups posted any where?
Old 10-31-2005, 03:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by seaball
hey guys,

Well done to Eli, Sponsored by RC INNAVATIONS she uses a intergrated Cool-Can-Fan top decks on her car, ask her what she thinks of it
TCCFM
Old 10-31-2005, 04:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The JRXS editable set up sheet on jrxs.com isn't working. When you click on the link to it it takes you to some other non r/c website. Just thought I'd let you jrxs.com guys know.
Old 10-31-2005, 08:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by WD40
When using PK or TH brackets do you have to cut the shock eyelet any since the shock sits up higher? On the Numan setup what does it mean by 2 white o-rings above the bladder? Why not red? What does this do? Also, why use AE hexes on the wheels just in the front?
you don't need to trim any thing wen using the brackets there is enough space for it not to hit any thing. only if you run wider tires like 26mm then you will encounter a problem.

the 2 white orings basically goes above the bladder. if you take out the shock cap the air gap from the bladder to the shock cap you fill that up with orings. this actually gives the shock better rebound action.
Old 10-31-2005, 08:50 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Andrew Gray
The JRXS editable set up sheet on jrxs.com isn't working. When you click on the link to it it takes you to some other non r/c website. Just thought I'd let you jrxs.com guys know.

yeah the JRXS site is screwed right now certain links don't work... you can go to losi's site and get teh same setup sheet. here is a link for you....

link to blank setup sheet
Old 10-31-2005, 08:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Trakside Trucke
Well done to Eli, Sponsored by RC INNAVATIONS she uses a intergrated Cool-Can-Fan top decks on her car, ask her what she thinks of it
TCCFM
ROFLMAO! Eli = she... man "she" looks funny with that hair on "her" face makes me wonder. what about you?

fastone; you forget to tell me something

-Tracey
Old 10-31-2005, 09:34 PM
TCR
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Andrew Gray
Thanx,

And hey when using the brackets, you should cut the eyelet a touch
Old 11-01-2005, 12:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

i cut the eyelits and the shock shaft. Just a coulple of threads tho.....
Old 11-01-2005, 07:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs up Stock setup

Originally Posted by iblumberg
I built my JRXS about 5 weeks ago. Since then, I have been practicing on a local tennis court and just ran it at one of the last local asphalt races for the season. In general, I am very pleased with the car. For me, it handles much better than and is far more responsive than the Team TC4 that I had previously.

I get very good turn in and great grip through the middle and end of turns. I find that high speed turn in works particularly well if I let off the throttle just a little as I initiate the turn, which makes sense.

Here is my problem. When going through anything more than a small turn, particularly any turn of 90* or more, I have a problem at the end of the turn when I try to accelerate out of the turn. If the front wheels are still turned rather than straight when I apply throttle, the car oversteers and seems to "dig in" so that even after the wheels are straight, the car continues to turn. The effect varies. In the worst case, the car will just do donuts until I bring it almost to a stop. Even the mild version of this effect can cause the car to continue to turn 45* or more beyond when I turn the wheels straight.

As you can imagine, this makes it very tough to turn quick laps since I have to wait longer than normal to accelerate out of turns or risk a spin. This happens both on the tennis courts and on a fully prepared parking lot track. I have used both RP 22 and RP 30 wheels/tires depending on temperature. I also used the Losi supplied wheels with a set of tires rated at 36. Regardless of which tires I use, the results are the same.

I hope to run the Numan set up some day, but I have not gotten the BK brackets. Rather, I have (perhaps foolishly) been waiting for the new arms.

My setup is as follows:

* Stock springs
* Stock shock positions
* Stock camber and toe
* Stock steering link and camber link positions
* Stock 40 wt shock oil
* Center spool
* 41 tooth pulley in front
* Front roll center high with 1 thick shim under each piviot block/arm
* Front diff high
* Rear roll center low, no shims
* Rear diff low

I run a Monster Pro stock motor.

TIA for any and all help and advice.

Ira
Ira,
I found the stock setup to be twitchy with the rear end like that. I made BK brackets for the front and went to 15lb springs. I also moved the rear shocks in one hole on the tower to make the rear end have more side bite. The rear upper camber link is all the way to the inside.
Smoking now! Cured the problem you described.
Hope this helps.
TEX

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.