Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 04:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

can someone post a link or pst Paul C. stock setup i have been looking for 2 days and can not find it?

thanks in advance
Old 10-04-2005, 06:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rob Phillips
Once again
Old 10-04-2005, 06:34 PM
Tech Master

Actually the link is now in my sig
Old 10-04-2005, 06:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by W.E.D.Jim
Mdoc, I looked thru my post and couldn't find anything about the "Losi drivers being over the hill".

What I did say was they are all great drivers, but there are about 8-10 drivers, maybe a couple more, that focus "Almost Exclusively" at on-road racing at the highest level. Combined with the fact that they are younger makes it tuff for "Very Good" drivers.

As far as revisions and testing of prototypes by TL, every competitive company does that! BAR NONE! The 415 is about $600 after adding all the latest updates. If you run Yokomo you'll need their newest car if it is released yet? Corally, HPI, X ray, etc....All new, or updated, mostly versions of the 415.

I think in all honesty alot of people who have no idea about the development of a car and the engineering involved think they know by looking at pictures and can tell if it will work. Meanwhile engineers with real degrees and "very Good drivers" have helped in the testing and development of the car, rather then looking at pics of a 415 and making their own............

Have the "Drivers" results jumped around much with the lastest changes from the major companies involved.....No. Hara and Masami have even done it with completely different cars.(and 5 mechanics)

Still fun to talk about how much we all know though!...Lets race!..haha, Jim
well there is one thing that you have to flaw losi with, and thats with not recognizing the trend thats been going on since sedans began....lowering cg.
msx, cyclone, rdx all have extremely low centers of gravity. jrxs doesnt really have this.

also its painfully obvious that short arm suspension is a compromise. maybe im no professional engineer, but i'll eat my shorts if you see any other major manufacturers goto a short arm design when they dont have to. it just makes your instant center vary too much, not to mention track width.

sometimes the sacrifices needed to bring good ideas (centerline weight) into fruition turn out to be greater than the benefits.

no digs on losi, i mean they totally get props for trying to make progress on the center battery concept.

so yeah thats my .02 which isnt the $$$ that real engineers can throw down with, but usually in order to move to the future succesfully you need to know your past
Old 10-04-2005, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 5thscaleracer
Those looking for PK or BK brackets they are now being mass produced with an almost unlimited supply first batch is 1000pcs and smaller batches will be made.

brackets are made out of T7075 aluminum which will be 70% stronger than the current BK/PK brakets. They are being lazer cut so tolerances .001" accuracy. all the holes will be drilled and the 2-56 hole will be pre-tapped.

more info can be found here...
http://www.jrxs.net/forums/index.php...opic=443&st=12
Those brackets are sharpe man!!! Good design too!

Brant
Old 10-04-2005, 07:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mdoc
When was the last time someone over 30 won the worlds? This is a real question, not sarcasism.

I few weeks ago Lamberto Collari........

i think there are lots of drivers over 30 that are plenty capable of winning major races
Sorry I was refering to elec tc
Old 10-04-2005, 07:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

also its painfully obvious that short arm suspension is a compromise. maybe im no professional engineer, but i'll eat my shorts if you see any other major manufacturers goto a short arm design when they dont have to. it just makes your instant center vary too much, not to mention track width.
Xray has gone to a shorter a-arm design.

You know if they just refined the XXX-S it would makes sense. You could end up with a car that is not as competive and a bunched disatisfied factory drivers. Than you copy a aftermarket graphite chassis company and say the car is great. Wait....... thats a tc4
Old 10-04-2005, 07:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

ok I see its only elec. tc's that older racers cant drive....that makes sense
Old 10-04-2005, 11:19 PM
Tech Adept

Yeah those 1/8th cars are really slow so the fogies with no talent and worn out reflexes can drive them easier

You know if they just refined the XXX-S it would makes sense. You could end up with a car that is not as competive and a bunched disatisfied factory drivers. Than you copy a aftermarket graphite chassis company and say the car is great. Wait....... thats a tc4
OOH, harsh, probably a bit close to the mark for some people
Old 10-05-2005, 07:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Huskerfreak, LOL.

I would think anyone with a couple sets of the current arms would like to have a set of Bk brackets, from Pooky, etc.

Unstable, I do actually see quite a bit of old men racing 1/8th on road, I even paint alot of their bodies for them!...heh heh

floodo1, mostly true, but the only CG compromise i see in the JRX-S is the large diff pulleys, which correspond to the larger drive pulleys for proper geraing. This adds up to lower drivetrain resistance, so may be a valid compromise?
...........All this on road talk makes me wish I was racing on road nats an hour and a half from my house...Work, Work, Work..Jim
Old 10-05-2005, 07:09 AM
Tech Master

Wow Jim, The nats are only a few miles from the house and you're not there, man can't ch'a call in...cough, cough....sick?
Old 10-05-2005, 07:31 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by huskerfreak
Xray has gone to a shorter a-arm design.

shorter but not super shorgt like losi rite?
Old 10-05-2005, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Rob, LOL, I can't call myself in sick to myself, ha...Working at J concepts, or painting, or my regular job. This week it is mostly getting things done at J concepts, with a couple new bodies soon, ........Jim
Old 10-05-2005, 08:53 AM
Tech Addict

Default New BK Brackets

I was wondering if these new bars will include screws. Or if anybody knows what screw size I need because the holes on my arms are stripped. I know I am not using the proper screw.

Thanks for the help.
Old 10-05-2005, 09:50 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Intelligentsia
I was wondering if these new bars will include screws. Or if anybody knows what screw size I need because the holes on my arms are stripped. I know I am not using the proper screw.

Thanks for the help.
I'm pretty sure the stock screws are #4-40 x 3/8". I went to a 1/2" when I added spacers between the shock and the arm to help the shock and spring clear the outdrives in the front.

I assume that the bracket will have one threaded hole that mounts the shock and one unthreaded hole that a screw passes through to screw into the stock hole on the arm. I assume that the threaded hole will also fit a #4-40.

Ira

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.