Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 02:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

The car must not be what they want yet. Otherwise they wouldn't have gone to the trouble of reversing the motor and battery.

The other problem is that Lemieux went to Kyosho(with ultra wrench Deiter), and lost Dumas and Flack to Xray this year. I doubt that helped development.

Both American companies seem to be in a period of transition. The Euro and Asian teams seem to put in a stronger "team" effort. Sometimes it looks like the American guys try to do it all by themselves. I don't really know. Just speculation and observation.
Old 10-03-2005, 02:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rob Phillips
Rainblows, I don't undestand your motive? Are you bashing, or do you go onto all the threads tell everyone how their car sucks and how the Pro's driving them suck even harder? Don't take it the wrong way, that's just the vibe I'm getting.

Are you reffering to the LRP masters race that Marc won, the one ran on blue carpet with rubbers? Well I don't think many Americans run very well with rubbers on carpet since we spend most of our time carpet racing on foams at big events.

You also have realize that most of the time it's the younger guys that seem to dominate. Most of the guys that are dominating the sedan scene right now can't even buy a beer yet, while most of the US drivers have kids that are about to start school. Now lets talk offroad, who dominates that? Maybe a kid name Tebo, or Caveleri.
Relax. Don't be so defensive. Where have I said that the car or anyone sucks? My motive is to understand why something that I think is a pretty good concept (inline batt/motor) seems not so easy to harness. So, kind of engineering interest. If you prefer people not question a design, that's ok also.

I don't think Europeans or Japanese run much foams on carpet either. They do alright at those events. Let's not argue US vs. non-US. Sometimes younger, sometime older wins, there are many talented folks either way. Let's not argue that either.
Old 10-03-2005, 02:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I think the reason the european and asian drivers do so well on foam is they are used to driving on rubber, and the foam makes the cars so much more stable, its a lot harder to go from foam to rubber....
Old 10-03-2005, 03:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I don’t think that it’s the Europeans and Asian drivers are that much better as much as it looks like the Teams from there look more focused and race ready. The teams that call outside the US home seem to have an advantage over the US home teams right now. I don’t think that the drivers from one part of the world are better then the rest but the team work seems to be better from teams based outside the US. Looking at the IIC both Losi and Associated looked like they are struggling with their current cars…hence the reason both manufactures both are quick to have updates for the “new” cars. This never really happened in the past both of them seemed to get it right the first times. Are the cars that bad???? I don’t think so but the team work does look that bad. Losi and Associated had a ton of talent on their rosters but now most of that talent is gone to other teams or just not racing sedans any more. I think the bigger issue with why the Americans look so bad at these races is that all the young talent out there is racing in the stock class. How are the same 5 guys that race at Mod sedan at nationals or bigger US events going to get any better when there is no one nipping at their heals? Looking at the IIC and seeing guys like Flack, Smyka and Daroach(sp) step up and run mod and give these guys a good run maybe things will change. But when guys are getting paychecks to race stock why should they leave that comfy zone and go run with the big guys? I think that more of the younger talent needs to start running mod and trying to compete at larger levels once they do I think you will see an increase in the strength of the US based teams or even US drivers.
Old 10-03-2005, 04:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Kevin K
... I think the bigger issue with why the Americans look so bad at these races is that all the young talent out there is racing in the stock class. ...
And there's a statement for the ages. Not that I've been to a lot of big events, but the guys that do seem to go always run in the stock or 19t classes. Why that is I'm not sure. I wish I had half the talent of those guys so that I could run mod and be competitive but I don't so I race 19t and occasionally I try mod.

Problem is everyone wants to win, too many people like to push the EASY button.

E
Old 10-03-2005, 04:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mdoc
I think the reason the european and asian drivers do so well on foam is they are used to driving on rubber, and the foam makes the cars so much more stable, its a lot harder to go from foam to rubber....
yes-my hand is in the air on that one!! Though being Stupid fast on foams is not easy either. Theres a HUGE gap from the top guys to the regular guys-even on foams.

Kevin-I started a thread about this not that long ago. I agree with you 100%. if I had the innate skill or had the time to develop my skills-I would switch to mod in a heart beat.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i think someone should teach me how to be fast...im an extremely fast learner
Old 10-03-2005, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

I think Rob was spot on about the younger drivers dominating recently. I know when guys like Francis, Pavidas and Easton aren't in the shows it isn't because they are going slower.....It's because the competition became tougher!(aka, faster).

I still get a kick out of the way some people/racers rationalize things like brand, ability, etc.

I remember countless races that TeamLosi won and some people said TeamLosi bought the best drivers and that was why. Or they say it's 90% driver.....Yet, when the car they use wins, that car is the best.

This is the same scenario, but since some people may not like the design, or that fact that is a TL car, the drivers aren't getting any credit for the results.

I think if Reinhard or Hara ran the JRX-S it might have a world and ITC title already....but, then it would only be because of the driver they bought......

If I ran a different car i'd be on a different thread talking about that car instead of here fishing........LOL, big fun, Jim
Old 10-03-2005, 07:42 PM
Tech Adept

Red face

Hey Juan, I was thinking about coming over to irp with a JRX and was wondering what pinion to use with the car since it will be an itnital shakedown run.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

W.E.D. if the car is as good as it needs to be, and the only problem is that the losi drivers just cant get it done anymore, why are they changing things on the car instead of working towards getting drivers that can win ?
Old 10-04-2005, 12:08 AM
Tech Initiate

Losi JRXS have good concept of inline batt, motor and servo, its heroic Revolution leaving proven XXX-S design layout.

Some question annoying me..
1. Short arm - why short arm? or It MUST HAVE short arms > IMPOSSIBLE to use long arm design? anyone can explain why Indycar and F1 (smooth track), rally cars (gravel track), off road buggy do not use short arm (by proportional) instead of long arm...?
I'm thinking Losi Short arm is designed not for its benefit against long arm, but tend to achieve main goal reason> ideal inline batt, motor, servo layout.. doubtly JRXS layout possibly apply long arm in 190 mm format > then tell customer that shorter are better....??

then BK bracket are born, and slightly answer my curiosity...
Seems Losi likes to give extra homeweork for us, their customer..
Losi advise 41T pulley for overdrive when use front spool,
I made One-Way Spool for my XXX-S, way better perform for rubber on ashpalt than spool with overdrive..

2. battery position - ideal position from engineering perspective, and possible to do soldering etc. BUT its not user friendly compare to soldering
batt on XXX-S and others...
its funny how in this thread that if someone (most of Losi customer) complaining this difficulty, they may almost instantly get "average/entry level driver" label on their head..

while others Team refine their car a.k.a Evolution towards the customer needs, Yok BD, FK'05, 415 MSX average drivers and top drivers happily easily switch front diff and spur exchange etc. (some common problem on early 415)..
Team Losi does Revolution and I firmly believe its heroic Revolution is not easy for their team driver to increase their A-Main winning rate..
not compare with other brand but "customer oriented products" tend to have better sales volume (and profit..) than others who doesnt..

EricF - I'm agree with you
Problem is everyone wants to win, too many people like to push the EASY button.
some brand have sensitive marketing dept., smart & fast enough providing what MOST of crowd (big volume) need > car that easy to assembly, run, setup, maintenance, strong enough to withstand the heat of competition,

If one brand car was easy to maintain and setup, make average driver go fast through easier setup, spare parts and maintenance > avg. more confidence to compete in higher class..
Then I believe on hands of top driver like as Barry, Todd, Matt, Masami, Hara, Rheinard this kind of car will even more faster..

If we reverse the condition, say if Barry, Todd, Matt, Masami, Hara, Rheinard 'got problem' with current design car then seems hard to win,
so what about average driver (most of the customer) thinking..
will they think to consider buy this car then confident enough to compete in upper level? doubtly they will invest their money in those design..

I'm not agree that Losi had the same problem with AE, the merger may took more attention instead focus on their racing team, the TC4 has different approach compare to JRXS..

Team Losi, I belive many of Losi fans include myself still proud of your design, and wish that JRXS rear motor config will give significant improvement,
or else I suggest put down ego on backseat and dig your prototype bin and refine (new nick name, 1 or 2 belt is ok) XXX-S yatabe proto with original top and bottom deck (Losi XTC?) that seems only half step behind against Yok BD, FK'05, Cyclone and MSX..
didn't you think they got better car with same ol' recipe you have put on dusty storage..
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS-losi3.jpg   Team Losi JRXS-losi_proto.jpg  
Old 10-04-2005, 01:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mdoc
W.E.D. if the car is as good as it needs to be, and the only problem is that the losi drivers just cant get it done anymore, why are they changing things on the car instead of working towards getting drivers that can win ?
WHOA-WHOA-WHOA!!!!! Slow down there Mister! Your not suggesting that others like X-Ray,Yokomo,Associated,Schumacher,Corally,HPI,HotBo dies,Tamiya,Kyosho,and EVERYBODY else are not ALWAYS changing and trying new things on their cars to make them faster? Lets see now to get the newest bad boy Tamiya I need the 415 plus the MS thingy and now their newest $250 "upgrade" to have the best they have to offer! Gary you know it takes a good car and a good driver to win the big races. If the JRXS was a full lap ahead of the competiton at any big time race they would still go to work on Monday after the race and see what they could make better or faster. I know some seem to be making excuses for the JRXS's showing at major races but I say for me this is the best I have ever had and I KNOW Losi will only make it better. Todd and Gil Jr. will mold a tub or cut graphite and put the motor dead center of the car in between the belts and with a 90 deg. gear drive mechanism with quick-change pinions IF and only if it proves to be a better design. Give it some time fellas! This totally new design car has only been out, what, about a year now. The FK05 is a progression in design from several years back as are the TC4, Yokomo, RDX, MI2ec and the rest. Back in the '80's the JRX2 was Da Bomb on rough tracks and a big O turd on smother tracks. Losi progressed from the 5 link suspension to the H arm to the longer chassis to the swept front arm Jr. car and so on. Sorry to ramble guys. Gary--Not just picking on you man ya know I respect your opinions. Later.

Brant

Last edited by POOKYT; 10-04-2005 at 01:55 AM.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:48 AM
Tech Elite

Red RSX--I don't get you. You seem to be saying the JRXS is not workable but that Losi needs to go back to the XXXS and just make changes or " improve" it. Why in the world would you not want to " improve" the JRXS? I am not a pro driver. I am just a good club level racer. I have time and time again turned faster and more consistant laps this whole year in my JRXS over my G+ from last year. Not only that, but also, if I make any change on my JRXS I can actually FEEL the change and how it effected my car. With my G+ last year I could go up 20 wt on my oil and 3 rates on the springs or change camber link locations all day and never did I feel half as much of a difference in my cars feel like I do with the JRXS. AGAIN, instead of looking back at the old and trying to improve it just hang tight and lets improve the NEW! This time next year we will be laughing at this whole discussion. LOL I hope! J/K

Brant
Old 10-04-2005, 02:02 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Red RSX
I suggest put down ego on backseat and dig your prototype bin and refine (new nick name, 1 or 2 belt is ok) XXX-S yatabe proto with original top and bottom deck (Losi XTC?) that seems only half step behind against Yok BD, FK'05, Cyclone and MSX..
didn't you think they got better car with same ol' recipe you have put on dusty storage.. [/I] [/COLOR]

I have to agree with REdrxs, any car can be designed to work around a choosen design concept. Long arm, short arm, centered mass, etc, etc. The JRX-S was designed around the drivetrain. I just don't think having the most efficant drivetrain makes a car. It's a marketing thing. The XXX-S was fine, it was free and it made the design simple. As a comsumer, I just want something that's easy to work on, durable, easy to drive and easy to setup. That prototype XXX-S just makes sense. Open chassis design, easy to get around, simple build. Two peice diff bulkheads would be great. Make a carpet spec and a assphalt spec. I think introducing a model for new people with beefier chassis componets would be a good concept. Make a pro level car that's light and a stronger car for new racers. Better yet do what Xray as done. Longer lasting and stronger parts. Personally, I just wanted a better designed XXX-S. My two cents.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:36 AM
Tech Adept

I really don't get the reason behind all discussion going on here.
So Losi is trying something different at a prototype level. Great!!! If they didn't do that we wouldn't have the awesome JRX-S we have today. If they are looking at developing a new / different car, why shouldn't they use the suspension and driveline components off the JRX-S.
Would you all prefer if they started with a clean slate (again) and come up with something completely different so you don't all feel ripped off that you bought, in my opinion, the best touring car you can buy, and now there might be something else that shares a few components available?
I would imagine this is a far more cost effective way to go about developing a new machine. After all Losi is a business and development costs have to be payed for by someone.
The Japanese manufacturers will quite happily anodize a couple of parts a different colour and put a different top deck on a car call it a new model and charge you a fortune for the pleasure of owning it, so I don't think we have it too bad.
I couldn't be happier. The JRX-S is by far the best car I have raced yet, and IF they do release a new car, I may purchase one on the strength of the current design alone.
Not an aggro rant , just a few of my thoughts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.