Old 08-29-2006, 11:09 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard
Who are you again???
I am your worst nightmare
Old 08-29-2006, 12:48 PM
The Evicerator

Wow,

I guess you can read way more into a harmless statement than what was ever intended!

I’m not here to argue because it’s probably a pointless endeavor. You seem to be committed to being angry and thinking that I am out to get you and there’s really nothing I can do to change that idea.

But since the “can of worms” is open I figure I will speak my peace.

I’m sorry you feel that I am out to get you or whatever, but the fact of the matter is that I just want to go to the track, run my races, and enjoy my time there trying to be as good as I can be and enjoy the company of my friends.

Things happen on the track and in life that make people angry. It happens to everyone.

If we all complained and made excuses about every time someone “didn’t do the right thing” by us we’d all be a very unhappy lot and I don’t think anyone would get on with anyone else or their own lives for that matter.

The simple fact of the matter is that crap happens.

I made mistakes in Camarillo and at Crystal Park… They were my races to lose and *I* blew out on both occasions. *I* take ownership of MY not winning those races and don’t blame anyone but myself.

You say I broke your car at Camarillo when we both spun out together… it seems to me you pulled it off nearly instantaneously after you weren’t in the lead after the first lap… I can’t say for sure one way or the other if it was really broken or not… but I have seen you pull off the track on many occasions when things just don’t go your way after the start of the race… so I’m really not sure what to think on that one.

If I’ve learned anything in racing is that you never give up… run your race and see where the cards fall.

Chadwick was super dialed in that main, laying down 13.3’s and strings of 13.4’s… when the fastest laps of the day you or me or anyone else had up until that point had been sporadic 13.5s and to say that you had the race in the bag when faced with that sort of competition seems to me a little over-the-top. I know he had issues later in the race but that just goes to show that you shouldn’t count your chicks before the eggs hatch or quit the race before the first lap is even over.

Crystal Park… the fact of the matter is that you ended up losing to Chadwick by nearly 5 seconds. If you subtracted 5 seconds from the lap where I “tucked your body and spun you out and cost you the race” it would have been a 13.1 second lap.
The fastest laps I saw all day long were 16.2s… I may be wrong about that …but… I guess you could have picked up 3 seconds a lap somewhere…?

And FYI Chadwick’s lap that lap was in the 17’s… none of us were on point that lap.

And you had roughly 4.5 minutes to make up 3 feet of fishtailing that I caused you. You can blame me all you want for losing the race, but at the end of the day you weren’t fast enough to catch up to Chadwick from a nearly negligible margin over the course of the race… Do you really feel that you could have held him off for those 4.5 minutes?

Last Tuesday night racing: You yourself said you were hurting and when I caught up to you in qualifying, I figured you were letting me go because you went wide into the sweeper…since that’s what you do in qualifying when faster traffic comes up on you… you let them go.

I guess you weren’t letting me go and when you tried to close the door there was contact made and you got the worst end of it.

Sorry….?

You have complained about my driving etiquette, yet you have a funny way of displaying it yourself.

Over the past few weeks there have been a number of occasions whilst in qualifying you make no effort to move over for me when I am coming up to pass you.

In the main a few weeks ago when I was in the lead and lapping you, you did not make any effort to move out of the way to let me go for a number of laps. You have no idea how many people came up to me after that race and told me about how lame they thought that was of you and that if they were me they would have put you off the track and into the wall for that kind of thing.

If you remember correctly I did no such thing, I waited patiently for my opportunity and I passed you cleanly and proceeded to pull away from you.

Every time this sort of thing happens my patience with it becomes a little shorter and shorter. Maybe subconsciously that’s the reason why I went for the pass on Tuesday night… I didn’t want to get held up behind you indefinitely by being the patient nice guy forever and not getting the treatment reciprocated??

I do not know if you hold everyone else up like this in qualifying or block everyone else when getting lapped …but if I were to use your brand of thinking it would seem like “you are out to get me!” … Do I subscribe to this line of thought? No. I don’t think you’re out to get me at all. In fact I don’t think anyone is out to get me. I don’t suffer from that kind of paranoia.

I am worried about me and my own and not into creating new drama for me and everyone else at every turn.

Respect is a two way street Fred. Things have happened on the track between you and I but NEVER have they been on purpose or out of malice on my part. Never have you come up behind me in qualifying and I decided to not let you go. I ALWAYS get out of the way for the leaders or the race when they came through to lap me.

At Crystal Park I came up on you towards the end of the race in an effort to un-lap myself and had an opportunity to “send it in” in a section I was faster than you in to get my lap back but I didn’t. I just stayed behind you and finished out the race there out of respect for your position.

I have never made a big deal about you blocking during qualifying or while being lapped during racing or having you run me off the track at the start of races in the past because those things simply give me more reasons to try to make myself faster. It made me frustrated, but I always got over it and I used it as motivation.

I never used it as an excuse or an opportunity to feed another tall tale to my fan boys.

Instead of feeling like it’s the world against Fred and playing the victim maybe it would be better if Fred just worried about himself a little bit more?

I don’t say any of these things out of spite… like you mentioned in a previous post we see each other at the track and race too much to have some kind of feud between us… and I agree with that whole-heartedly.

Racing is a very competitive thing. We are all very competitive and confident people. Tensions rise, frustration and incidents can happen.

But people use this hobby/sport to forget about their stress, commotion, and drama in their lives for a little while. No one wants to have it seep into something that should be fun and enjoyable.

I understand and respect all of your hard work at the track. You are doing what you feel it takes to get better and get noticed in the RC racing world. That being said I think that maybe the attention you are drawing to yourself is not the kind that you want if you want to “go places” in this industry.

There is a pattern that I and most everyone can see and it is that there’s always some kind of commotion/drama/controversy with you and someone else.

You and RickyIS300.

You and Bitter.

You and Tony.

You and Molina.

You and the novice who accidentally spun out in front of you.

You and XXXXX.

Like it or not, the common denominator is you.

These are not all horrible people. You are not a horrible person. No one is perfect or infallible, and no one is out to get you.

I’m not trying to come down on you… I think you’re an OK guy and a good competitor and have considered you a friend and I’m sorry you’re angry at me and blaming me for your woes as of late.

And if it’s not me it’s someone/something else.

I feel that it’s out of line coming on here and trying to make it sound like I am a rampaging out of control gorilla on the track and that I am a menace to racing . I’m not sure what to say to it all except that if there are more people out there who feel the same way then I urge them to come forward and say so.

I think enough is enough.

I am not trying to lecture you or tell you how you should live your life… I’m just saying no one wants to hear it anymore.

Can we just put this behind us and try to enjoy ourselves again?

Let’s go have a club race and have fun… it’s not the World’s… it’s not the Nationals… there are no hidden agendas or conspiracies. Even if it was the World’s or Nationals or Reedy or whatever it’s not life or death…it’s just a bunch of dudes trying to have fun with their RC cars.

Regardless, see y’all at the track!
Old 08-29-2006, 12:48 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by patrick
Randy, what do you mean by that? I think we all had a good time.
haha, not from what I hear...
Old 08-29-2006, 01:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Very well said Steve.
Old 08-29-2006, 01:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Stevo.....

I think you just became President of the 'Busta' club.

But I seriously think you're only about 92.6% right. Go with that one....
Old 08-29-2006, 02:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

TOASTY!!!
Old 08-29-2006, 02:58 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Now I see why you ordered extra P-Dub Bumpers
Old 08-29-2006, 03:02 PM
Tech Master

Man... I love the internet.
Old 08-29-2006, 03:08 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Charlie
Man... I love the internet.
charlie! any word on the stock brushless units? they shipping out yet?
Old 08-29-2006, 03:10 PM
Tech Regular

Steve,

Very intelligent, well-thought-out, entertaining post.

Sincerely,

XXXXX
Old 08-29-2006, 03:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Wow!!!
Old 08-29-2006, 03:18 PM
Tech Elite

Look at Thad trying to disguise his post with a XXXXX. Hey, Thad, it's shows your name.
Old 08-29-2006, 03:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The problem is you don't know what I think, which is what makes you really look like an a$$ for even making that statement without asking. Yes accidents happen..being out of control is completely different!!! In the last race I wasn't the only victim. Steve and I are friends but I am angry with him at the moment. Who are you again??? Keep hiding...

EDIT: Not being a class act would be trying to take revenge on him in the same manner, which some have suggested that I do and I have said I will not because that is a waste of energy. Get a clue!!!
The simple fact of the matter is that crap happens.

I made mistakes in Camarillo and at Crystal Park… They were my races to lose and *I* blew out on both occasions. *I* take ownership of MY not winning those races and don’t blame anyone but myself.

-JBRL Camarillo: Only in your dreams it was your race win!!! You beat my TQ by 2 tenths of a seconds...while I was on the dump with a minute to go...Congrats to you! In the main you blew the first corner, I waited, you blew the second corner I made a clean pass, your car flung wide then back in again because you didn't want the rest of the pack to past you and at the same time, while the process you WIPED out my car. For clarification yes you broke my car it had no throtle. Maybe if you had the courage to stick around and find out you would have known. Unlike you if I know my car isn't working I'd rather pull it off then wad it up even more or affect somelse's race. Case in point, a week ago Sat when we started the race and both mine and BB's tires blew out, I continue to run for a short time even though I knew the tires were blown but the car got harder and harder to control so I pulled it off. Was that act of pulling the car off a tantrum...hell know...was I pissed that the glue broke..hell yes. I was in third after dropping from second but still pulled because from where I stand it was a danger to everyone else. Did you conveniently forget the BB pulled off as well for the same issue??? You do remember that we both used the same glue and had the same EXACT issue right???

-JBRL Crystal Park: In the first qual after leading the race over you by 3+ seconds and with just less than a minute to go I pullled my car off. Why because I was on the dump due to now have a full charge. In the main NEWS FLASH, I went from 5th on the grid to 3rd right at the timing loop, then MOTORED pass Chad on the short straight then right up on you and to pass you AGAIN after you blew the corner only to have to send your car back in after blowing the corner and tuck my body in. Then Chad caught up and passed me while the body was tucked. How much power do you think was expended by doing that??? None...a little..ALOT!!!!

-Last Tuesday night racing: You yourself said you were hurting and when I caught up to you in qualifying, I figured you were letting me go because you went wide into the sweeper…since that’s what you do in qualifying when faster traffic comes up on you… you let them go.
I guess you weren’t letting me go and when you tried to close the door there was contact made and you got the worst end of it.

You want me to move up into the dirt off line in the middle of the sweeper to let you pass....ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? Another news flash for you, I did that the first qual for another driver. Talk with Kevin Smith about it, I'm sure he remembers.

-In the main a few weeks ago when I was in the lead and lapping you, you did not make any effort to move out of the way to let me go for a number of laps. You have no idea how many people came up to me after that race and told me about how lame they thought that was of you and that if they were me they would have put you off the track and into the wall for that kind of thing.

Was 2nd place contending for 1st place, last I checked he was at least half a track behind you. So yes I tried to stay on the lead lap. Didn't you hit me then as well??? Yep. Did I even mention it...nope.

Respect is a two way street Fred. Things have happened on the track between you and I but NEVER have they been on purpose or out of malice on my part. Never have you come up behind me in qualifying and I decided to not let you go. I ALWAYS get out of the way for the leaders or the race when they came through to lap me. Good for you that you got your car figured out at SOCAL. Don't worry we are getting there. Wasn't this evidenced when I smoke you and everyone else a couple/three Sat's ago??? Here's how I see it. How can you gloat about being fast when you competition isn't giving you there best. When I smoked you your car was good, I snatched your TQ and drove AWAY from you in the main. At the past 2 JBRL races that we have both attended my car was better/faster than yours. So again kudos to you for have your car working really well at Socal...

-Exactly. Just like this past Sunday, I have told you I don't think you committed these acts intentionally...but when is it too much?!?!?! Are you trying to say that it's okay to keep making the exact same mistake over and over again and as long as you apologize that makes it all okay??? I think not.

-At Crystal Park I came up on you towards the end of the race in an effort to un-lap myself and had an opportunity to “send it in” in a section I was faster than you in to get my lap back but I didn’t. I just stayed behind you and finished out the race there out of respect for your position.

Did I miss something here...you were always a corner behind. The only time you may have had a chance to "Send it in" was at the loop. Cmon!!!

-Instead of feeling like it’s the world against Fred and playing the victim maybe it would be better if Fred just worried about himself a little bit more?

Wow I didn't realize you were a mind reader!!! How do you know how I feel??? Have I told you this??? Seems to be a very loose interpretation...Don't quit your day job cause you are completely off base! But you keep right along thinking this.

You and RickyIS300: Who is this person, oh yes he's one who started a thread accussing me of what sitting at the track balancing my stock motor arms with a dremel during a club race in which I slayed everyone??? Mr. Caldwell was pitted next to me this very club race the entire night. The next day I smoked the Integy boys at Hobby People race at Camarillo, which is when he started that thread. Should I mention the racial statements he threw my way or did you catch those.......I thought not.

You and Bitter: You obviously don't have the full story here either. If you were strong enough look back over the posts you would see that this FOOL started the drama..not me!!! Have you and his cronies missed all the BS he writes on this forum. You all just seem to gloss over that...cause what you're his friends and that make it okay....Wrong!!!! It ain't okay.

You and Tony: What can I say about Tony. Really only that it sadden me to see him turn into the kind of person I hoped he wouldn't. He took a statement that wasn't an attack on him nor the company he works for, blew it up, and refused to admit he was wrong about his interpretation even when I told him he read it wrong!!! To you and to him I say it again, when have I ever been know for not telling ANYONE how I feel...NEVER!!!! To Tony, if you knew what a "Busta" was you wouldn't be laughing about it. It's not someone's name!!!

You and Molina.: Mike and I are buddies, and have always been. Another one of your off base interpretations. Mike is a jokster, we spoke about the comment he wrote and laughed about it cause we both knew his intent.

You and the novice who accidentally spun out in front of you: huh??? What are you talking about...speak on it!!!

You and XXXXX: Boring!!!

Next time get the facts before you open your mouth about situations you have no idea about.

-I feel that it’s out of line coming on here and trying to make it sound like I am a rampaging out of control gorilla on the track and that I am a menace to racing . I’m not sure what to say to it all except that if there are more people out there who feel the same way then I urge them to come forward and say so.

Don't know if you were a gorilla..but you were foul!!! Sometimes the truth hurts....I'm not sorry for saying it.

-Let’s go have a club race and have fun… it’s not the World’s… it’s not the Nationals… there are no hidden agendas or conspiracies. Even if it was the World’s or Nationals or Reedy or whatever it’s not life or death…it’s just a bunch of dudes trying to have fun with their RC cars.

Exactly trying to have fun and race their RC cars. Just don't do stupid shiet and nothing will be said. It's not fun to me to have someone as yourself affect my race when it could be avoided. Which is the entire point I'm making now and I tried to make to you before. It can me avoided. If mistake happens due to uncontrollable circumstances then what can you do...nothing. But you had control Steve, you make a conscience decision. I've seen you do this before. Stay in control and if you lose it don't try to gain it back at the expense of others. Cause then you being disrepectful and dishonorable in your driving.
Old 08-29-2006, 03:41 PM
Tech Elite

You and Tony: What can I say about Tony. Really only that it sadden me to see him turn into the kind of person I hoped he wouldn't. He took a statement that wasn't an attack on him nor the company he works for, blew it up, and refused to admit he was wrong about his interpretation even when I told him he read it wrong!!! To you and to him I say it again, when have I ever been know for not telling ANYONE how I feel...NEVER!!!! To Tony, if you knew what a "Busta" was you wouldn't be laughing about it. It's not someone's name!!!
OH F*CKING BROTHER! Dood, whatever. Someone ELSE says the same thing I do and we're BOTH wrong. Now I've changed....I haven't turned into anything. I haven't changed from what I was before. I made a statement, you responded, EVERYONE (including me) agreed it was a little, well, 'with-attitude', and WE'RE wrong. I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong....when I'm wrong. I guess I (and the other NUMEROUS people) are wrong.

And, I know what a "Busta" is. And yes, I DO think it's funny....so does everyone else. Do you know what a victim is???? That's what this whole discussion is about, apparently.

Anyway, Stevo, your thread has turned into another episode of 'Days of our Lives...at the track'.

Last edited by TPhalen; 08-29-2006 at 03:58 PM.
Old 08-29-2006, 03:50 PM
The Evicerator

*sigh*

We can both argue over this crap eternally or we can get over it.

I really don't want to keep wasting time and energy with this... how about we just drop it? I am not going to argue over details or subject everyone else to a pointless disagreement of opinions. No amount of arguing is going to change anything that has happened.

Neither of us are getting anywhere with any of this.

Just like they say, there's three sides to every story, your's, mine, and what really happened and I am content to just leave it at that.

Can we just race now ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.