R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-23-2012, 03:51 PM   #736
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Found a Team Losi Street Weapon 1/12 car in the result table of a 1988 race but have never heard they had a 1/12 car. Someone knows on this?
I know of their Street Weapon 1/10 touring but this is something else.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:27 PM   #737
Tech Champion

Hadn't heard of a Street Weapon in 1/12th...They did have several versions of the Revolver in 1/12th.
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:37 PM   #738
Tech Master

Revolvers were the early Trinity cars. Gil Jr often brought a prototype to a race and entered it using whatever name would refer people to Losi. He had a really nice 1/10th pan car at the region 6 championship one year and I asked him why they didn't produce it. He said they wouldn't make any money on it because they couldn't sell enough of them.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:19 AM   #739
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by V12 View Post
Found a Team Losi Street Weapon 1/12 car in the result table of a 1988 race but have never heard they had a 1/12 car. Someone knows on this?
I do!

I raced at the Ranch Pit Shop with my brother many years ago, and some "professional" people were there to video tape the race. My brother and I were also video taping the race for fun for ourselves. The other guys were interviewing Gil, Jr. by the drivers stand and I recorded their interview on my recorder. The race was a Trinity Shootout 1/12th scale race. Awesome event.

The race director let us go up on the drivers stand by the scoring people and we recorded the last few races from up there. Tony Neisinger won the race. Joel Johnson led for the first 7:45 seconds or so, then dumped badly finishing the last lap. The batteries that were being used in the invite class were brand new and I don't think everyone had a good grasp on how to gear their motors yet. Gil finished 3rd I think. There were 4 street weapons running or so at the event.

Steve
Fasttrax Racing Series / NORA On Road Series
corallyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:40 AM   #740
V12
Tech Elite

I saw exactly this race at one of Gene Hustings videos. Awesome race and report. At the result table the Losi cars were mentioned and Gil did really good with a podium result and I think overall there were 3 or 4 of these cars at the A-Main. Do you maybe have video or picture of the Losi cars?
Old 10-24-2012, 08:17 AM   #741
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Quote:
I saw exactly this race at one of Gene Hustings videos. Awesome race and report. At the result table the Losi cars were mentioned and Gil did really good with a podium result and I think overall there were 3 or 4 of these cars at the A-Main. Do you maybe have video or picture of the Losi cars?
I have 6 or so of Gene's DVD's myself. Do you remember what DVD number this one was on.

I still have the video of this race, plus many others. I have to look for it later today. I probably have 65 hours of pretty cool RC stuff on VHS tapes, some professionally done, some done by myself or other friends. Got some really good pictures too.

Steve
Fasttrax Racing Series / NORA On Road Series
corallyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:25 AM   #742
V12
Tech Elite

It is #14.
Old 10-24-2012, 01:19 PM   #743
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Just want to confirm, the club racer from AE, RC12L, which had two versions, one for carbon fiber and other one for fiberglass chassis wise, right? Did RC12L have various plastic shims or inserts for the front caster adjustment? I should have kept my club racer, darn it.
superspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:47 PM   #744
Tech Master

Associated made 2' shims so you could add caster in 2' increments. We used to machine the front blocks for 4' with no shims otherwise there wasn't enough clearance with normal tires.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:12 AM   #745
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
I'm finding this really odd to read in the classic thread. I tend to think of Classic as what happened before I got into the hobby, ore when I just started up to say '95. I'm still driving a XX-4 which is obviously the car the Street Weapon TC was based off.

So, what were the features of the Street Weapon 12th?
Australian 12th Scale hastag: #EP12AU
Radio Active is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:31 AM   #746
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio Active View Post
I'm finding this really odd to read in the classic thread. I tend to think of Classic as what happened before I got into the hobby, ore when I just started up to say '95. I'm still driving a XX-4 which is obviously the car the Street Weapon TC was based off.

So, what were the features of the Street Weapon 12th?
Modified 12l. Had pivot balls on the t-plate for fore and aft, as well as side to side. Had a delta shock, rear mounted to the back of the top pod plate, with a ball stud threaded into the damperpost for the front shock mount. Car also featured a sway bar on the rear pod. I believe Ron Rosetti ran a fiberglass chassis on the car.
Innovation was EVERYWHERE back then.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:40 AM   #747
V12
Tech Elite

Interesting details, do you maybe have pictures?
Seems to me this is similar to the system what was used at the Hyperdrive cars later, beside the sway bar.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:48 AM   #748
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypressMidWest View Post
Modified 12l. Had pivot balls on the t-plate for fore and aft, as well as side to side. Had a delta shock, rear mounted to the back of the top pod plate, with a ball stud threaded into the damperpost for the front shock mount. Car also featured a sway bar on the rear pod. I believe Ron Rosetti ran a fiberglass chassis on the car.
Innovation was EVERYWHERE back then.
Sounds like the Cheetah rear suspension for the 10L. Probably got the idea from the Street Weapon.
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:00 PM   #749
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Just an FYI I have a RC12LS for sale. Only been ran a handful of times when I was young. Set on the shelf since. Check it out.

RC12LS
Old 11-19-2012, 03:34 PM   #750
V12
Tech Elite

Someone has seen this chassis before? This came with some early PK (Corally) spares.
In the beginning I thought it might be a PK chassis for the old Schumacher C-Car but holes are in wrong position. Then it looks similar to early PK car but is graphite, not aluminium. Maybe a prototype chassis? For sure it is not homemade, it is same very high quality as other PK/Corally parts.
Attached Thumbnails
Classic 1/12th-pk-chassis.jpg