Old 12-07-2004, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

ttt
Old 12-09-2004, 04:29 AM
Tech Elite

Old 12-09-2004, 05:39 AM
Tech Addict

Howdy all,

I had fun running my car for the first time since the champs at Larry's last Sunday. The current, unbeatable, top driver there has to be shot down. A few of us came out and 2 of us beat him and one of us only lost to him by a few seconds. I had the second fastest lap of the day. Greg was running high 7 second laps every once and a while and I was running pretty consistant 8.0's to 8.3's.

Not too bad for a track that has too much traction for it's own good. The Q12 is ready for action this weekend. I'll post what happened next week.

Tim
Old 12-09-2004, 01:23 PM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I am pretty impressed from what I see about this conversion kit!

I am really dig'n the chassis/adj battery mounting. When I have issues with my current L3 chassis, I will be ordering the chassis and battery retention stuff from you guys. I am all about getting away from tape!
Old 12-10-2004, 12:01 PM

I am pondering ordering some parts from PRC, but some pictures on the site about what I am actually ordering would be a great help!

parts I am interested in knowing what they are, and what makes them special are:
#2304 - Bottom Plate

#2329 - 3mm CF Brace for AE old style front end w/ screws

I am looking to oder the chassis wtih teh battery holder possibly early next week, but want to know what makes those other items so special
Old 12-10-2004, 01:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Clegg,
The lack of pictures on the site is my fault. Producing parts and testing new ideas keeps me pretty busy. I'll try to remedy that.

The bottom plate has a notch at the back along the centerline of the car and is used to check tweak and overall width. The chassis has the same notch at the front. The bottom plate is also the same thickness as the chassis.

The carbon fiber brace for the old style front end slips into the slot in each arm and is held in place with a 2-56 button heads screws. No more flex!!

Pictures can be seen a few pages back courtesy of Tim Stamper.

D.P.
Old 12-10-2004, 01:40 PM

Another question, if I order the chassis, for 65$ do I get the center Tbar brace with teh 3rd mount point for the battery holder? with it?

I am sick and tired with tape and want the ability to adjust battery position quite easy adn more granular. So I am all about this Quad12

Also for "old" front end I am guessing you mean pre L3
Old 12-10-2004, 02:12 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Clegg
Another question, if I order the chassis, for 65$ do I get the center Tbar brace with teh 3rd mount point for the battery holder? with it?

I am sick and tired with tape and want the ability to adjust battery position quite easy adn more granular. So I am all about this Quad12

Also for "old" front end I am guessing you mean pre L3
The "old" front end is the fixed block front end like the one that was on the older "L" cars and that speedmerchant uses on the rev 3 and 4.

It makes for a really predictable, easy to use front end for a 1/12th scale. I like it when there is low to medium bite and i like the reactive "new" front end for when there is high bite.

Tim
Old 12-10-2004, 02:13 PM
Tech Regular

Clegg,
When you place an order, we'll make sure you get the parts you need to complete the setup.

You're right. The old style front end is pre L3. It is still popular for its light weight and simplicity.

D.P.
Old 12-10-2004, 02:18 PM
Tech Regular

Mr. Stamper,
Tell us a story from the files of TT Racing. How is that thrust bearing working for you? I didn't know they had them at Cleveland. I would have picked one up.

D.P.
Old 12-10-2004, 02:53 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by DPowell
Mr. Stamper,
Tell us a story from the files of TT Racing. How is that thrust bearing working for you? I didn't know they had them at Cleveland. I would have picked one up.

D.P.
All that I can say is that it is the best thing since sliced bread. I have set the diff tightness and ran the car twice. Then I re-adjusted because it had new balls and rings and it has stayed smooth as can be for about 15 runs now. I am using ceramic diff balls with IRS diff rings and then the slapmaster thrust setup. The whole axle with everything that is on it is worth it's weight in gold now, it's scary how much the good stuff costs.

The only way i knew it was there is because James's brother wanted him to hunt down the guy with the slapmaster ms2.2 for pictures and we found him, followed him to his room and felt the diff on the car. My jaw dropped and he said, "I have 3 here if you want to buy one." I promptly reached into bob's pocket and purchased the thrust bearing.

There, I decided to make it in story form for ya since you requested it.

Anyways, it's a really good add on that anyone who runs 1/12th scale should buy. Or maybe i'll make a bunch and throw them up in the air and run as the crowd converges on the bounty. j/k, i've been working too much and my mind is gone.

Tim
Old 12-11-2004, 09:37 AM
Tech Elite

well I am happy to see everyone is happy and alive racing. I was starting to feel alone here.

Hi timmy! are you comming down for the snow birds buddy.
How's your our buddy Adam? I havent heared from him. Is he running with you guys?
Old 12-11-2004, 10:56 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by speedxl
well I am happy to see everyone is happy and alive racing. I was starting to feel alone here.

Hi timmy! are you comming down for the snow birds buddy.
How's your our buddy Adam? I havent heared from him. Is he running with you guys?
Hey Hector,

I haven't talked to Adam much since Cleveland. He wanted to lay low afterwards anyways. I don't know if i'm gonna be able to make the 'birds. I'm putting in for the time off, but it is 50/50 right now if I can get it.

Talk to ya later,

Tim
Old 12-11-2004, 11:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Clegg - come look at my car Saturday night at the Den, i have an "old" front end on it.
Old 12-11-2004, 11:52 AM
Tech Elite

tim keep incontact with me I really thought you guys are a cool bunch!

You dont need rental car or tables or any of the heavy equipment I can help you guys if you decide to come down!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.