Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc) >

Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 11:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cwoods34
To be honest, round 2 I changed some wiring and accidentally put the fan on backwards..... I wondered why the motor came off at 180! Next round I turned the fan back blowing on the motor, and it finished at 150

I'm anxious to see that 17.5 setup, also!
Cody, from what matt told me, he was basically running the setup me and Karl had at the gate for 17.5. Id be happy to post that up for ya
Old 11-14-2011, 11:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Christian,
Just in case you haven,t had enough people ask,
Are you going to post that setup soon?

No seriously......

Dave,
Old 11-14-2011, 11:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Mike, I would not say that I was running "basically the same set-up" as what you guys ran.

Our set-ups might be close, but it is the small details that make a difference. For what it's worth, my set-up never varies much on asphalt to carpet. Just heavier oil and less toe. This time, I also went up in springs to 16.5 Front, 15.5 rear. I play around with ackerman settings constantly and run different diff heights than at least what Matt and Karl do.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:29 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
Mike, I would not say that I was running "basically the same set-up" as what you guys ran.

Our set-ups might be close, but it is the small details that make a difference. For what it's worth, my set-up never varies much on asphalt to carpet. Just heavier oil and less toe. This time, I also went up in springs to 16.5 Front, 15.5 rear. I play around with ackerman settings constantly and run different diff heights than at least what Matt and Karl do.
I meant Matt's setup for 17.5 I know you like to go a slightly different route than us, which is cool. It shows how the setup is really for the driver as much as the track, and how wide a setup window the car has.

BTW, the belt tensioner/battery stop looks awesome. Very slick.

Last edited by geeunit1014; 11-14-2011 at 11:41 AM.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:52 AM
Tech Elite

Doh! Of course.

Well, Matt ran his usual set-up but went to the shorter front link and then shortened his wheel base. He was running less droop and softer springs than what we did. I believe he also went up in shock oil.

Sam, who finished second was running essentially the same as what I was. We ran more droop and stiffer springs than Matt. Our cars had a little more body roll which suits our driving style better. Matt's car was very flat and slid around the track ours rolled more and carved through the corners. Both were about equally fast, it was just a matter of steering the car with the front end like we like or if you like to slide it like Matt did.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

For mod motors, the LRP X12 4.0 is the absolute smoothest motor I have ever used (even compared to higher turns). Even on somewhat tighter carpet layouts it is very manageable, like a good 17.5...... try one out if you haven't yet

I remember the core of the setup, but feel free to share it for others to see! Just got a great medium-bite setup from my friend that he used Saturday to great results, also, so looks like I'll have plenty of things to try out this week!

Seems like the long link is used 99% of the time up front on TC6's...... I plan on trying a shorter link for awhile. It seemed somewhat aggressive on my T3 and I loved how much steering that car always had, especially on high-bite.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 100 (99%+)

good job this weekend CT and thanks for the help, i didnt end up were i wanted to be but at least i won my race! thanks again for the parts and GO TEAM RSD!!!
oh and Matt thanks for all the help as well it definantly improved the car now i just gotta be consistent
Old 11-14-2011, 12:30 PM
Tech Champion

For mod motors, the LRP X12 4.0 is the absolute smoothest motor I have ever used (even compared to higher turns). Even on somewhat tighter carpet layouts it is very manageable, like a good 17.5...... try one out if you haven't yet

I remember the core of the setup, but feel free to share it for others to see! Just got a great medium-bite setup from my friend that he used Saturday to great results, also, so looks like I'll have plenty of things to try out this week!

Seems like the long link is used 99% of the time up front on TC6's...... I plan on trying a shorter link for awhile. It seemed somewhat aggressive on my T3 and I loved how much steering that car always had, especially on high-bite.
The .0 winds on LRP are definitely smoother than the .5 winds, and I would say the Sonics are smoother than the LRP equivalents. I wish more people in my area would run mod, im getting the itch to go real fast again

This is what im on after last saturday, has a couple tweaks from when we were at the Gate, and it feels even better than when I was up there.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:31 PM
Tech Elite

Yes, the long link is used most of the time because it makes the car mellower. But the fact is that ALL FAST TC's use a shorter link than the TC6 in the front. ALL OF THEM. There is a reason why they do this. It makes for a faster transitioning car, which in turn means a faster car around the track.

I tried the long link in the front and the car was un-driveable. It made it hard to drive tight lines. It's almost like it makes the front feel wider than the rear end and it starts to make the car feel like it squares the corners off oddly. In my opinion it makes the car feel like the front and rear are disconnected. When I have run long links, I run the front and rear. I like the balance achieved from the same length links I guess.

Thanks for the words Frank. We all did well this weekend. It was fun to see all you guys running RSD parts going around the track fast. That's the best part of it all.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
Yes, the long link is used most of the time because it makes the car mellower. But the fact is that ALL FAST TC's use a shorter link than the TC6 in the front. ALL OF THEM. There is a reason why they do this. It makes for a faster transitioning car, which in turn means a faster car around the track.

I tried the long link in the front and the car was un-driveable. It made it hard to drive tight lines. It's almost like it makes the front feel wider than the rear end and it starts to make the car feel like it squares the corners off oddly. In my opinion it makes the car feel like the front and rear are disconnected. When I have run long links, I run the front and rear. I like the balance achieved from the same length links I guess.

Thanks for the words Frank. We all did well this weekend. It was fun to see all you guys running RSD parts going around the track fast. That's the best part of it all.
Long links in the front seems to feel good for mod and asphalt, where a smooth car is easier to drive. That will be the first thing I change.......

For short front links, are you keeping the link parallel or doing an aggressive angle like typically used in the rear? I'm guessing between ackerman and caster settings you wouldn't need as much camber change via the link as you would in the rear.......
Old 11-14-2011, 12:47 PM
Tech Elite

I run short links for mod and stock, asphalt or carpet. Whatever class, it does not matter. I also run my links with very little angle front and rear. Look at the top pro's cars and they seem to do the same. Volker, Rheinhard, Jilles, etc. all run shorter links than the TC6 has in the front and they also run very little angle on their links F/R.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:18 PM
Tech Master

Had a blast this weekend @ the Fall Classic. Once again, I am very pleased with the RSD springs/pistons/bladders. Cristian showed me the new parts that are in the works, and they look sweet! I especially like the rear-end body brace/bumper thingy...

Ended up qualifying 5th in 17.5 sedan. Had some poor luck in the 1st and 3rd A-mains and ended up finishing 6th. I think I am starting to shake the rust off and get back in my groove....

Car was working quite well though, handling better than it ever has on carpet.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 100 (99%+)

this is a video of Sam Hand winning A3 with all of the RSD parts, sorry CT i would have recorded your but my phone died after i recorded this.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4bB7jowNOc
Old 11-14-2011, 09:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default RSD = FAST

Thanks Frank for the vid, awesome. I'll have to figure out how to burn that to a DVD.

FYI I also ran 0 degree rear hubs with less toe than asphalt on the carpet. Thicker gear diff oil too.

For me the dope time and method was also impactful as the track gripped up through the weekend.

I'd like to try even shorter links (AE #3 or 4 or inside rear hub holes) with slightly less static camber at all four corners just to see how the car reacts to it.
Old 11-15-2011, 04:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hello Cris,

how are the DCJs progressing?

Thanks, Lojz

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.