Old 04-13-2003, 03:49 PM
Tech Elite

ah, well then he should buy a drive system and a Barracuda R2
Old 04-13-2003, 04:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by Herminator
ah, well then he should buy a drive system and a Barracuda R2
Nope the PAL Cuda is awesome Besides I'm hooking him up with one of the One Flag Motor Mounts when I get back to Japan..I know of a Small shop that still has one in stock

-Dave
Old 04-13-2003, 05:49 PM
Regional Moderator

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Herminator
How did you strip a spur gear KO Racer?

maybe stripped is the wrong word? MESSED UP then might be better!Well to start with my bulkheads are dropped 2mm so that in return means the shaft is lower. and I think as i rode one of the pvc pipes it screwed my spur gear up im running a
68 gear not the stock 72
Old 04-13-2003, 05:51 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Nope the PAL Cuda is awesome Besides I'm hooking him up with one of the One Flag Motor Mounts when I get back to Japan..I know of a Small shop that still has one in stock

-Dave
COOL get me some cool excel items also
Old 04-13-2003, 06:08 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Ko Racer
Maybe stripped is the wrong word? MESSED UP then might be better!Well to start with my bulkheads are dropped 2mm so that in return means the shaft is lower. and I think as i rode one of the pvc pipes it screwed my spur gear up im running a
68 gear not the stock 72
Ahhh So you have David Hills PAL Cuda ... You know Joseph that you'll need to mill 2mm off the Bottom of the Onflag mount too .. Also I have some 66&67T Spurs if you need them..

Also how's about a close up shot of the lower Bulk heads too...David never got around to showing me the pic's
-Dave
Old 04-13-2003, 06:12 PM
Tech Champion

COOL get me some cool excel items also
Steve should be getting the EXCEL/Alex (pretty much the same stuff) stuff in soon..?? Have you asked him about it yet..??

-Dave
Old 04-13-2003, 06:16 PM
Regional Moderator

Ahhh So you have David Hills PAL Cuda ... You know Joseph that you'll need to mill 2mm off the Bottom of the Onflag mount too .. Also I have some 66&67T Spurs if you need them..

Also how's about a close up shot of the lower Bulk heads too...David never got around to showing me the pic's
-Dave
gears i have some on order from the local hobby store just havent got them yet

pictures i will try and post some monday of the bulkheads

and yes it was david hills speedway pal car that i bought and i have is red cuda also
Old 04-13-2003, 06:18 PM
Regional Moderator

Steve should be getting the EXCEL/Alex (pretty much the same stuff) stuff in soon..?? Have you asked him about it yet..??

-Dave
no sir no sir I havent asked yet but will see if he gets any

if not i have another contact that might be able to help me out
Old 04-13-2003, 06:25 PM
Tech Elite

machining off 2mm sounds like more hassle than it's worth maybe if you're Atushi Hara standards you'll want to. The cuda is light enough for me, looks like I'll already have to add a fair bit of weight to bring it up to 1500g, from my very innacurate scales it looks like it's around 1400g at the moment.

I've been checking around for chargers and yet again it seems a case of rip off uk, if I can hold on for a few weeks I think I'll be ordering a Integy INDI 16X5v6 1-10 Cells DC Computerized Charger from Steve, unless Dave makes me an offer I can't refuse I can't believe comanpies think they can add 50% to the price in the UK and justify it as importing and tax
Old 04-13-2003, 06:26 PM
Tech Champion

gears i have some on order from the local hobby store just havent got them yet

pictures i will try and post some monday of the bulkheads

and yes it was david hills speedway pal car that i bought and i have is red cuda also
Ok

I thought so ... 2 cuda's you just need one more now ...anyways...you should make the Red one into a R2... you just need like 4 things and thats it
1)Lower chassis
2)A-arms(Mid Span for Carpet)
3)Sway bars for front and rear(to space the shock towers 5mm and to have the sway bars at the same time)
4)PAL drive system

-Dave
Old 04-13-2003, 06:28 PM
Tech Champion

no sir no sir I havent asked yet but will see if he gets any

if not i have another contact that might be able to help me out
OK

-Dave
Old 04-13-2003, 06:32 PM
Tech Champion

machining off 2mm sounds like more hassle than it's worth maybe if you're Atushi Hara standards you'll want to. The cuda is light enough for me, looks like I'll already have to add a fair bit of weight to bring it up to 1500g, from my very innacurate scales it looks like it's around 1400g at the moment.

I've been checking around for chargers and yet again it seems a case of rip off uk, if I can hold on for a few weeks I think I'll be ordering a Integy INDI 16X5v6 1-10 Cells DC Computerized Charger from Steve, unless Dave makes me an offer I can't refuse I can't believe comanpies think they can add 50% to the price in the UK and justify it as importing and tax
Hermi'
The 2mm was cut off to lower the C/G of the Barracuda... they made a limited run a while back by Club Enthuse that had like 1.5~2mm lowwer bulkheads ...and the PAL version tips the scales at a bit over 1500 with all of the goodies in it (body on)..

Now for the Charger...see what Steve can do for you 1st .. the Novak that I have is in Storage back in Japan...and it's Old as Dirt But it works great...It's a Black Cased Millienum.

-Dave
Old 04-13-2003, 06:37 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have an INDI 16x5v6 and I love it.
Old 04-13-2003, 06:41 PM
Tech Champion

Thumbs up GFX

I think I'll be ordering a Integy INDI 16X5v6 1-10 Cells DC Computerized Charger from Steve .:
Why don't you go all the way and get a GFX ...

I sure a heck am when I get back..

-Dave
Old 04-13-2003, 06:55 PM
Tech Elite

GFX
I checked the price of the stealth version and almost fainted, I'm guessing the newer GFX version costs more, I can think of an awful lot of other things to buy and see mroe improvement in my times. For top on the range chargers I like the ProTrack anyway, made in the UK has loads of features, including programmable ring tone like warnings and probably the most upgradable charger there is. For £225 though I'd rather save a bit of money and get another set of cells.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.