Like Tree1Likes

Barracuda from Alex racing

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2003, 07:27 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: R2 nobar setup sheet

Originally posted by RedBullFiXX
Hey Herm:
I made 2 slight mistake on that setup sheet....way to many ideas bouncing around in this mans mind
The 1mm shim (at present 2mm) is placed under the rear pivot on the front susp arm = more turn in\less caster

Front toe should read +.5 tow-out, looks like it says +5 deg toe-out on pic ?

The camber I ajdust to tyre wear, we have a small high-bite banked oval course at SoCal, that may require a slightly different setting for camber.

Utilising the long arms the chassis simply doesn't roll much, I am still trying to find which springs offer the best balance, this week I have the softest Alex springs on the car 1.4x7.00, with a liteweight Tamiya NSX body the car still looks fairly flat in the corners, now again the absence of any cogging on the Novak Brushless motor may help to keep the car from dumping over in the corners as much.

Next week is bladder cap test time, need more steering in this heat/humidity wave we are currently experiencing.
HEHE, slight mistake? I think 5degrees toe out would be a bit of a big mistake , definetly no . before the 5

Strange you don't notice much body roll, maybe it's the shock being so far out, I certainly noticed it when I last ran at Carlisle, new shell was low but looked fine on the straights, would rub badly in the corners, lifting the outside wheels off the ground slightly

going so soft on the springs seems odd for a high grip track, although one of the fastest guys in my club still runs a Pro 2 and uses silvers on one end of his car and purples on the other (losi's I think) so he's got very soft and very hard together, yet his car seems fine every week and he uses it indoors on wood and outdoors on all sorts of tarmac I've always found if you go too far apart front to rear then things get worse, adding to the problem you're trying to get rid of.
Old 08-01-2003, 07:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default the missing .

Originally posted by Herminator
HEHE, slight mistake? I think 5degrees toe out would be a bit of a big mistake , definetly no . before the 5

Strange you don't notice much body roll, maybe it's the shock being so far out, I certainly noticed it when I last ran at Carlisle, new shell was low but looked fine on the straights, would rub badly in the corners, lifting the outside wheels off the ground slightly

going so soft on the springs seems odd for a high grip track, although one of the fastest guys in my club still runs a Pro 2 and uses silvers on one end of his car and purples on the other (losi's I think) so he's got very soft and very hard together, yet his car seems fine every week and he uses it indoors on wood and outdoors on all sorts of tarmac I've always found if you go too far apart front to rear then things get worse, adding to the problem you're trying to get rid of.
The body roll on a Touring Car body is far more than on a NSXGt car body.

We have traction roll issues in the winter on our little track, not so much in the summer time though.

Yes I agree on keeping the spring delta's fairly close together
Old 08-01-2003, 09:12 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Back from Hitec for the night, I maybe got in 5 clean laps out of 4 battery packs. Close to 20 people crammed on the track at all times, and maybe 1 or 2 of them would be expert. I hesitated to open it up on the straight with a stock motor because of how many people were at a dead stop on the straight! I have the car pretty dialed, and am really fast on the layout. The back end of the car is a little loose on power, I gave it a little more camber, and also gave the front end more droop, any more suggestions?

I've gotta get the car ready for the morning, I'll be leaving at 4:30am
Old 08-01-2003, 09:45 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Randman
Back from Hitec for the night, I maybe got in 5 clean laps out of 4 battery packs. Close to 20 people crammed on the track at all times, and maybe 1 or 2 of them would be expert. I hesitated to open it up on the straight with a stock motor because of how many people were at a dead stop on the straight! I have the car pretty dialed, and am really fast on the layout. The back end of the car is a little loose on power, I gave it a little more camber, and also gave the front end more droop, any more suggestions?

I've gotta get the car ready for the morning, I'll be leaving at 4:30am
Are you running the sway bars ?
any Anti-Dive ?
Shock oil ?
How is the car into corners ?
Old 08-01-2003, 10:12 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Running the swaybars you gave me to use.
No anti dive
40wt with #2 all 4 corners, 1.4x6 springs
Car goes fine into corners, the back end just wants to break loose if I'm coming out of them hard.

I'll read any replies in the morning, I need to get some sleep
Old 08-01-2003, 10:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm not RBF nor am I a Cuda expert...but a here are a couple of quick fix ideas without getting into roll centers:

Rear diff too loose? Loose diff can cause on power oversteer or a hooking feeling.

Played with anti-squat in the rear?

Don't be afraid to run huge droop up front hehe.

And don't be afraid to go with softer springs in the rear.
Old 08-01-2003, 10:41 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Randman
Running the swaybars you gave me to use.
No anti dive
40wt with #2 all 4 corners, 1.4x6 springs
Car goes fine into corners, the back end just wants to break loose if I'm coming out of them hard.

I'll read any replies in the morning, I need to get some sleep
You may try moving the top shock mounts in some, 30wt oil, yeah lots of front droop, run as low as possible, keep both ends even, Stratos body, and the bite will prolly come up on that track the more people run.

A front diff would certainly help too. No need to go to tight on it.

rbf
Old 08-01-2003, 11:53 PM
Tech Master

My Pal cuda with long span arm.
Attached Thumbnails Barracuda from Alex racing-bar0001.jpg  
Old 08-01-2003, 11:54 PM
Tech Master

Another one.
Attached Thumbnails Barracuda from Alex racing-bar0003.jpg  
Old 08-01-2003, 11:54 PM
Tech Master

Fan in front of the motor.
Attached Thumbnails Barracuda from Alex racing-bar0004.jpg  
Old 08-01-2003, 11:55 PM
Tech Master

Lightweight CVD bone and stock motor mount.
Attached Thumbnails Barracuda from Alex racing-bar0006.jpg  
Old 08-01-2003, 11:56 PM
Tech Master

SD battery post on cuda.
Dave: It fits very well.Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails Barracuda from Alex racing-bar0011.jpg  
Old 08-02-2003, 12:01 AM
Tech Master

Dave: You got PM.
Old 08-02-2003, 01:27 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Tsubasa Sakai
Another one.
Are those Yokomo SD shocks your running? How are they compared to the cuda ones?

Dan
Old 08-02-2003, 03:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by Maj. Teeth
Are those Yokomo SD shocks your running? How are they compared to the cuda ones?

Dan
The shocks that you see there are the same ones you have ...but they just have the Yokomo SD caps on them

-Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.