Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2015, 03:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Smile

Originally Posted by YoDog
I can't remember if my motor mount will fit the FT chassis but I will check. I originally was going to copy the FT mount but it evolved into a custom piece to take advantage of how my chassis conversion was going to be laid out.
I think the hole pattern stayed the same but the height was changed to place the top deck where I wanted it.
it's a 2 piece design with the mesh adjustment at the top instead of the bottom like the FT mount. I designed it to be convertible for right or left motor configurations.
I hope so, Would love to replace the PITA mounts on my Diggity !!!!
Old 12-16-2015, 03:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Kudos to Yodog for the slider design on top......So simple..so smart....I was thinking of installing a club racer mount on my FT Team version. I hate the FT mount.

On another note...does anyone have a good base setup for an asphalt track with high traction? I have a FT car and a club racer. Traction rolls r common... Medium size track. 120 ft. Straight
Old 12-16-2015, 04:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Here is my VTA TC4 Club setup

http://site.petitrc.com/reglages/ass..._VTA201509.pdf
Old 12-16-2015, 05:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

That's the way it should have been made in the first place... Let's hope it fits the factory team kit, but I think it will require the Yodog top deck instead of the AE one...
I can't remember if my motor mount will fit the FT chassis but I will check. I originally was going to copy the FT mount but it evolved into a custom piece to take advantage of how my chassis conversion was going to be laid out.
I think the hole pattern stayed the same but the height was changed to place the top deck where I wanted it.
it's a 2 piece design with the mesh adjustment at the top instead of the bottom like the FT mount. I designed it to be convertible for right or left motor configurations.
Old 12-16-2015, 06:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by English365
YoDog,

Is there an estimated time on when your kits will be produced?

Also, will we be able to buy the motor mount separately?
Producing the kits still has some resourcing issues as many of the aluminum parts are costing too much to have produced elsewhere and the company I work for has just moved into a new facility which is making it difficult to find time to make parts myself. The good thing is that we are purchasing a lot of new equipment that I will have access to in the not too distant future. new 5 axis CNC machining center for all the aluminum and delrin parts as well as a high end CNC router for cutting carbon parts.
I can sell you a motor mount but I don't believe it will fit your chassis without modification.
Old 12-16-2015, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
That's the way it should have been made in the first place... Let's hope it fits the factory team kit, but I think it will require the Yodog top deck instead of the AE one...
I believe AE designed their mount with the adjustment on the bottom so that the CoG is lowest at the center of it's adjustment travel. As I have reversed this on my mount, the CoG issue is not so prevalent since most who run this car are using high turn motors that require smaller spur gears, placing the motor further inboard thus at the lower position in its mounting arc. Different times, different needs...
Once we have our machine shop up an running, I will be happy to make a direct fit motor mount for the FT chassis... in small quantities of course.
Old 12-16-2015, 08:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)

Producing the kits still has some resourcing issues as many of the aluminum parts are costing too much to have produced elsewhere and the company I work for has just moved into a new facility which is making it difficult to find time to make parts myself. The good thing is that we are purchasing a lot of new equipment that I will have access to in the not too distant future. new 5 axis CNC machining center for all the aluminum and delrin parts as well as a high end CNC router for cutting carbon parts.
I can sell you a motor mount but I don't believe it will fit your chassis without modification.

I see. I definitely can understand that and can not wait for what you come up with as a final product.

I also sent you a PM about a motor mount.
Old 12-16-2015, 09:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I believe AE designed their mount with the adjustment on the bottom so that the CoG is lowest at the center of it's adjustment travel. As I have reversed this on my mount, the CoG issue is not so prevalent since most who run this car are using high turn motors that require smaller spur gears, placing the motor further inboard thus at the lower position in its mounting arc. Different times, different needs...
Once we have our machine shop up an running, I will be happy to make a direct fit motor mount for the FT chassis... in small quantities of course.
I was wondering, is that motor mount similar to the a-e mount for their graphite chassis? Would you be willing to post a pick?
Old 12-16-2015, 10:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1spunspur
I was wondering, is that motor mount similar to the a-e mount for their graphite chassis? Would you be willing to post a pick?
If you look up a couple of post he showed a CAD(or similar) drawing of the mount. And he mentioned that he wasn't sure if it would fit without modifications.
Old 12-16-2015, 11:34 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks English; I don't know how I missed that. Must have skipped a page. Excellent design Yodog. Can I have one?
Old 12-17-2015, 05:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

If you can't wait for the mount to be produced, I have mine listed for sale on this site:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...or-mounts.html
Old 12-22-2015, 03:09 PM
Tech Regular

Hi Carpet track closed in our area and a few of us are running on a basketball court (cement). Anything I should change to run on cement ? TC4 club racer set up for VTA.
Thanks
Old 12-23-2015, 06:53 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Ralph289
Hi Carpet track closed in our area and a few of us are running on a basketball court (cement). Anything I should change to run on cement ? TC4 club racer set up for VTA.
Thanks
Pretty low grip I am guessing?
We've been running on a gym floor with Mini Pins as one of our tracks. Really low grip.
What has worked well for us is a higher rear roll center and a shorter link than up front front. No sway bars and soft soft springs and light oil.

This setup allows a lot of front/rear weight transfer with throttle/brake but doesn't roll to much and break traction.

Also if you have one run Shorty pack in fully forward position.
Hope it helps some, good luck.
Old 12-23-2015, 07:09 AM
Tech Regular

The grip is not too bad not as good as carpet but better than asphalt. Have been using stiffer springs may give you soft approach a try.
Thanks
Old 12-23-2015, 07:39 AM
Tech Adept

Ah, when you said cement I was picturing garage floor kind of grip.
Guess there is a coating on your surface then.
Still, give it a go.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.