Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 09:20 AM
Tech Elite

In VTA and USVTA the TC4 is doing fine. You do not "NEED" to do all that was just said. It will work fine. Check on the USVTA or VTA threads . . . mostly, just get a good, neutral setup and drive it. Both VTA and USVTA are more about driver skill than getting every hopup you can find. . .
Old 07-08-2014, 09:22 AM
Tech Master

yes the 55 will fit, I have run the 49t spur on mine (big 1/8 scale track), for vta you wont use anything bigger then 60t 48p
Old 07-08-2014, 09:29 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by IndyRC_Racer
Mopar has fallen off the TC4 bandwagon for his racing, so take his advice accordingly.

LOL
still have mine and not selling it, but after trying the XI Sport my TC4 has become a paperweight
Old 07-08-2014, 09:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IndyRC_Racer
Mopar has fallen off the TC4 bandwagon for his racing, so take his advice accordingly.

There is no need for expensive upgrades to race a TC4 in VTA. I actually "downgraded" from a spool to a plastic diff in the front of my car. The diff is easier on the front cvds and lighter. I was able to run the composite bones without any issues. (Note: I did have to adjust my setup to work better with a diff)

The only reason to upgrade the stock plastic shocks is that threaded shocks are quicker to make small adjustments to ride height. The stock plastic shocks work well if built properly.

The only "upgrade" needed on a TC4 is a wider bumper, which will help protect the steering rack.

I currently race a TC4 in VTA and I have been able to be competitive with it locally and nationally. While there may be "better" cars out there, the TC4 has been a great value for me.
So which bumper did you get? and what is the gearing of choice for your typical parking lot track (nothing really to big)? I'm putting one together also and I'm very new to this on road thing. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-08-2014, 09:48 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jkach
So which bumper did you get? and what is the gearing of choice for your typical parking lot track (nothing really to big)? I'm putting one together also and I'm very new to this on road thing. Thanks in advance.
I use the NTC3 bumper

around 3.5fdr
Old 07-08-2014, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

A good bumper upgrade for any touring car is the Parma universal ultimate bumper, which is retangular. You will have to cut it to fit the body you are running, but for VTA that will help prolong the life of your body.

Here is a link to Parma bumpers on their website (http://parmapse.shptron.com/c/rc-car..._front-bumpers).
Old 07-08-2014, 10:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Thanks for the help guys.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

My Diggity Designs DC4LE, looking really pretty with its new aluminum sliding rack steering and milled shock tower mount to get the CG down just a hair. It just needs swaybars and it's ready to race once more.

Old 07-09-2014, 11:43 AM
Tech Regular

Greetings DesertRat. Cool pictures of the DC4LE- if ya' don't mind me askin', which chassis plate are you running? and for carpet or asphalt?Please do tell.
I'm jus' tryin' to decide which chassis that I'd get for my conversion.
Old 07-09-2014, 03:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I too switched out to ball diffs in the front of my tc4s and have no problems with the plastic driveshafts. I did but lightweight aluminum diffs but that's personal preference. As far as shocks tear them off rebuild with different seals and plenty of green slime and your good to go. The 55 tooth spur works just fine you'll just need to Dremel under the pinion a bit to fit pinions over 35t. As far a s factory team options you can still get everything but the motor mount and I've been told you can modify a stock one however VTA has a 1550gram minimum weight so the light weight parts means a lot of lead to add back in.
Old 07-09-2014, 03:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thanks for all the info gentlemen, ordered a TC4 from my LHS today along with spec wheels and tires for VTA and Parma universal bumper...Gotta get me a 25.5 now as I have never had the need for one in my motor collection until now...I am not seeing the LRP Sphere TC Spec esc listed on ROAR's approved blinky esc list so I guess it is a illegal speedo? That is the speedo I had planned on using as I have one not being used...Can not understand that esc not being approved as it is non-updateable with no timing adjustments as far as I know...

Last edited by JLinney; 07-09-2014 at 03:53 PM.
Old 07-09-2014, 04:43 PM
Tech Regular

Check with your local track as to what rules they enforce some tracks are becoming lenient on speed controls as the VTA approved list is becoming quickly discontinued
Old 07-09-2014, 09:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oreo
Greetings DesertRat. Cool pictures of the DC4LE- if ya' don't mind me askin', which chassis plate are you running? and for carpet or asphalt?Please do tell.
I'm jus' tryin' to decide which chassis that I'd get for my conversion.
I have only run this car on carpet, I just like my cars too much to subject them to the death of a thousand cuts that is asphalt racing on less than optimal surfaces. The chassis plate is the Diggity stock plate, the chassis is plenty flexible with that plate and I never saw the need to make it more flexible (I personally think the trend of wet-noodle touring cars may be reversing...), other than that, the car just runs a spool and the stock TC4 ball diff. I needed to get all of the steel out of the car to make the lower weight limit, but no biggie.
Old 07-10-2014, 03:46 PM
Tech Regular

@desertrat. What does that setup weigh rtr? And is it worth the money? I'd really like a carbon fiber tc4 but don't know if I can bring myself to spend what a new kits costs on a conversion kit
Old 07-10-2014, 04:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I have a DC4LE and with full-sized servo and ready to run (short of the battery and body), I think mine was about 1100g. I'll double check on Sunday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.