Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The Tc3 is retired. Heres a few pix of the modded Tc4 im puttin together for 17.5...

How you like that custom drive cup engraving? New bearings throughout the car still hasnt solved my shaft flex issue. The cut is from the servo saver screw rubbing the drive cup at speed.

Since i fully compress a diff screw in the rack for servo saver purposes, i opted to use a caster block kingpin, a plastic spacer, and two thin metal washers on each side of the plastic spacer to delete the diff spring and space the kingpin so it is flush with the top of the nut once tightened down.
Old 10-02-2010, 03:39 PM
Tech Elite

Anyone know where i can get a FT 3mm REAR shock tower? I can find fronts all day long... but no rears. Part #31101.
Old 10-02-2010, 04:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DaveW
Anyone know where i can get a FT 3mm REAR shock tower? I can find fronts all day long... but no rears. Part #31101.
http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/car...d-31101__ec7f/

Not too sure about the source or anything. But thats the best thing I found. Sorry.
Old 10-02-2010, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TC4Racer123
http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/car...d-31101__ec7f/

Not too sure about the source or anything. But thats the best thing I found. Sorry.
Thanks for the link! I dunno if its just gonna be better to custom make another rear tower. I can get a whole 8'x4' sheet of .093 FRP for $50, and laminate some CF weave on both sides of the tower for strength. Thats enough material for 1000+ shock towers. lol

UGH... im tired of making parts tho...
Old 10-02-2010, 07:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Thanks for the link! I dunno if its just gonna be better to custom make another rear tower. I can get a whole 8'x4' sheet of .093 FRP for $50, and laminate some CF weave on both sides of the tower for strength. Thats enough material for 1000+ shock towers. lol

UGH... im tired of making parts tho...
Haha. But you'd have 999 extra!
Old 10-04-2010, 10:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default TC3 driveshaft probs.

I can't find the TC3 thread so here goes...

I keep blowing the driveshaft and cups out of my TC3. The driveshaft bends and takes at least one of the endcups out with it. I'm running a 6.5t novak motor, is it just too much for this older chassis?

Can I find stronger aftermarket parts for it?
Old 10-04-2010, 09:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Can you give me a part number for the bearings you used on the steering rack? And what other parts will i need to do this to my tc4? I want no slop in my steering...
The Tc3 is retired. Heres a few pix of the modded Tc4 im puttin together for 17.5...

How you like that custom drive cup engraving? New bearings throughout the car still hasnt solved my shaft flex issue. The cut is from the servo saver screw rubbing the drive cup at speed.

Since i fully compress a diff screw in the rack for servo saver purposes, i opted to use a caster block kingpin, a plastic spacer, and two thin metal washers on each side of the plastic spacer to delete the diff spring and space the kingpin so it is flush with the top of the nut once tightened down.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:41 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by revo523
Can you give me a part number for the bearings you used on the steering rack? And what other parts will i need to do this to my tc4? I want no slop in my steering...
Its ASC9162. You need 4 of them so thats two packages. They are a little expensive from AE, so you might wanna try and source them elsewhere. I have used them for years, and still using the first 4 bearings i bought... so they last a long time.

Other than that you just need complete Tc3 rack plastic parts, the Tc3 steering rack chassis posts, some small 4-40 locknuts, and regular motor shims to space the bearings out on the rack. Ill take my rack back out of the car, take it apart and take a pic to post up...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh and by the way, my Tc4 had TONS of steering with the Tc3 rack this past weekend. Nice linear steering feel over the Tc4 rack... just more than i remembered/anticipated.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:52 AM
Tech Elite

In case someone is wondering how to drill the two holes in the chassis for the Tc3 rack. Its easy...

Pull two flat head screws out of your front and rear tranny cases (the screws that hold the cases to the chassis for a total of 4 screws), place a Tc3 chassis against your Tc4 chassis (flat bottom to flat bottom) and use 4 button head screws to hold it in place with the 4 tranny case screw holes.

You now have a centered template to drill the two Tc3 rack mounting holes. A countersink bit for the two holes is found at Lowes for less than $5. Take your time with the countersink bit... they tend to wander, and a countersink bit with a center pilot guide has a tendency to open up the hole you just drilled. Just check to be sure the screw is centered in the hole frequently during drilling.

The chassis ribbing you need to remove is minimal, refer to the pics for max rack throw.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Timbulb
I can't find the TC3 thread so here goes...

I keep blowing the driveshaft and cups out of my TC3. The driveshaft bends and takes at least one of the endcups out with it. I'm running a 6.5t novak motor, is it just too much for this older chassis?

Can I find stronger aftermarket parts for it?
Niftech sells really nice hardened drive cups. They also sell a titanium center driveshaft, which i still have one, but it gives me issue with a 17.5 and 13.5... so i can imagine you would chuck it for sure with a 6.5.

There is a member on here that sells custom carbon driveshafts, he says there are guys buying shafts from him for drag Tc3's using 3 turn motors with no problems. Pricing was reasonable too.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Would a tc3 rtr in decent shape be worth $50.00.

Thanks, Jeff
Old 10-05-2010, 02:31 PM
Tech Regular

i bought my tc4 roller for 50 so if you getting a tc3 for 50 thats a good price.. if all the electronics are stock you can always sale them and buy a better system...
Originally Posted by shortcut
Would a tc3 rtr in decent shape be worth $50.00.

Thanks, Jeff
Old 10-05-2010, 02:32 PM
Tech Regular

Hey dont they sale some bearings to replace the copper bushings on the steering rack of the tc4?
Its ASC9162. You need 4 of them so thats two packages. They are a little expensive from AE, so you might wanna try and source them elsewhere. I have used them for years, and still using the first 4 bearings i bought... so they last a long time.

Other than that you just need complete Tc3 rack plastic parts, the Tc3 steering rack chassis posts, some small 4-40 locknuts, and regular motor shims to space the bearings out on the rack. Ill take my rack back out of the car, take it apart and take a pic to post up...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh and by the way, my Tc4 had TONS of steering with the Tc3 rack this past weekend. Nice linear steering feel over the Tc4 rack... just more than i remembered/anticipated.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

DaveW,

How's the Tc3 steering rack work compared to the Tc4 steering rack?

Does it get rid of the slop in the Tc4 steering?

New to TC racing coming from 1/8 buggy and SC truck. Tc4 is my first on road car. Only running track days with my Tc4 for now until my on road skill improves .

Thanks
Will
Old 10-09-2010, 06:03 AM
Tech Regular

Arrow

Originally Posted by revo523
Hey dont they sale some bearings to replace the copper bushings on the steering rack of the tc4?
Originally Posted by Kodiak ak
DaveW,

How's the Tc3 steering rack work compared to the Tc4 steering rack?

Does it get rid of the slop in the Tc4 steering?

New to TC racing coming from 1/8 buggy and SC truck. Tc4 is my first on road car. Only running track days with my Tc4 for now until my on road skill improves .

Thanks
Will
Part number 3916. You can beat AE prices by getting 3/16 X 5/16 bearings at your LHS. I spent about $5 total for mine. You will need a total of 4 bearings.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.