Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2004, 01:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by jzone
Drumel off about 3mm. in length from the most inside hole at a 45* angle. This should be able to clear the diff and also clear protruding drive pins out of the drive cups, when you're using the IRS bones w' the pin cushions.
Thanks for the Info... other than that are there any other little things that should be done.. ??? or is that it..

also are the gear cases a bit more user friendly when it comes to shim`s and such
-Dave
Old 10-10-2004, 11:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

No I don't have mine. I wish. I just have the side braces on my TC3 along with the shock towers.
Old 10-10-2004, 12:42 PM
PaZ
Tech Master

Default TC4

I have been racing my TC3 for only 3 years now and although the TC3 is a dated chassis it will still out perform a HPI Pro 4 or a X-ray or a Yok. Although i have spent alot of money on my TC3 to get every hop up i can afford when i heard that the TC4 was coming out soon i was willing to sell my beast and splash out on the FT kit when it came out. But then to my horror i saw it on the Team Associated website and was gutted . I expected a new high tech TC4 but when i first saw it i thought it was a modified Tamyia. There is no way now that i am every going to part from my TC3. Also i am not the only one who feels this way everybody i race with weather they have a TC3 or not all say that it is a waste of Associated time and anybody elses money. Does anybody here actually like it?
Old 10-10-2004, 12:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Most people who drive a TC3 actually do like the TC4, it has sorted out most of the problems from the TC3 and so will be a great improvement.

Cant wait for mine!
Old 10-10-2004, 01:00 PM
Tech Addict

Default I like the car and it' has...

brought me back to AE. I hate having to fit problems the company won't fix! It's a TC3 fixed and then some. Given, I'll still have to make some mods myself, but for now I can live with it. The way I see it, AE just needs to fit two things, the chassis braces and cell slots.
Old 10-10-2004, 01:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Anybody heard of an actual release date yet? I see that most parts are available.....
Old 10-10-2004, 02:16 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by RBLove
Anybody heard of an actual release date yet? I see that most parts are available.....
A little birdy told me that the distibutors.."Might" have them on the 12 of Oct (fingers crossed)
-Dave
Old 10-10-2004, 04:55 PM
Tech Master

I overheard a guy at my local track, who was running a TC4, mention that the car will be released after 2 hobby shows that are coming up. He said there was one this weekend and one next weekend. After that the stores should have them! According to the guys that work in the store, he is an Associated sponsored driver (I guess i would assume so if he had a TC4).
Old 10-11-2004, 03:04 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: TC4

Originally posted by PaZ
I have been racing my TC3 for only 3 years now and although the TC3 is a dated chassis it will still out perform a HPI Pro 4 or a X-ray or a Yok. Although i have spent alot of money on my TC3 to get every hop up i can afford when i heard that the TC4 was coming out soon i was willing to sell my beast and splash out on the FT kit when it came out. But then to my horror i saw it on the Team Associated website and was gutted . I expected a new high tech TC4 but when i first saw it i thought it was a modified Tamyia. There is no way now that i am every going to part from my TC3. Also i am not the only one who feels this way everybody i race with weather they have a TC3 or not all say that it is a waste of Associated time and anybody elses money. Does anybody here actually like it?
think evolutionary rather than revolutionary. just like the AE B4 which looks like a B3 on the surface, the TC4's changes are subtle but helps in improving laptimes. why start on a totally new platform when the tc3 is already so fast? gimme a fast car anytime rather than a slow high tech looking car.

had a look at a sponsored driver's TC4. it is indeed an improved TC3. from what I observed and when I briefly drove the car, my gut feel is that the new car has potential. it is easier to drive fast compared to the old car. but i'll wait for the factory team kit. just my personal opinion of course.

Last edited by Kyew; 10-11-2004 at 03:19 AM.
Old 10-11-2004, 08:26 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Hey gang, we got in some TC4 parts. So for those of you that like to mess around like KilRuf did we put them up on the website, just click here.

Kraig
KT Hobbies
Old 10-11-2004, 11:04 AM
Tech Master

I honesty don't understand why everyone seems so anxious for a factory team version right away.

Does anyone really think that blue aluminum and graphite bits make you a better driver???

If anyone knows anything about racing they know that parts break/bend. Take for example folks who run (ran) the TC3FT with it's aluminum CVDs. After a day of racing I would bet more than 90% of you had bent CVDs.

However the racer kit's molded CVDs were next to near indestructable and ANY TC3 you saw at the 2001 / 2002 Eastern ROAR regionals used this "cheap" part because it was better for racing.

Thats my point. There is a HUGE difference between a car built and setup for racing and a car made to "go fast and look cool."

Heck, most racers in NC and VA that I know who run / ran the TC3 used the racer kit, as it was lighter and more durable. Myself included of course.

So I'll simply buy the CHEAP TC4 Racer version thank you very much, as my skill and tuning experience are way more of a hop-up than a blue battery brace could ever be...
Old 10-11-2004, 12:17 PM
Tech Addict

Default Soviet...

AE said they won't be making a sport version of the TC4. Only a RTR kit. That sucks, because the sport TC3 had everthing a guy needed to race. No other company came close to the 'Value' of a TC3 sport. When I worked at the hobby store I pushed them all the time because they were race worthy, more durable and cheap.
Old 10-11-2004, 12:24 PM
Tech Regular

someone ask about my tap for the steering hubs
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXR774&P=7

you think that's cool, check this
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXR767&P=7

i took an old trinity wrench and used the handle for the tap, it's the sweetest tool in my box

NightBreed, i got some midrange Acers, the Super Polyamide. i am very impressed with them. they're not as much as the ceramics and if i blow one up it won't cost to much to replace
Old 10-11-2004, 02:32 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Kraig
Hey gang, we got in some TC4 parts. So for those of you that like to mess around like KilRuf did we put them up on the website, just click here.

Kraig
KT Hobbies
Good news
thanks for the heads up..
Old 10-11-2004, 03:22 PM
Tech Master

From Associated:

Will there be a Racer version?
No. The RTR replaces a Racer series. The initial TC4 release is the Team version.

Ok...you know what I mean. As long as there is a "basic" level kit, I won't care if there's a Factory Team version.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.