Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 07:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: BMI makes great products, but I have to say....

Originally posted by RCknight
the TC4 chassis is not an improvement over the stock tub other than it's lighter and adds a bling factor. It flexes as much or more than the molded graphite one, but I think it flexes easier one way than the other. I hope BMI changes the TC4 over to the TC3 chassis they make. BMI TC3 chassis is much stiffer and consistant left to right by it's design. I think BMI just needs to change the motor mount on the BMI TC4 chassis to a BMI TC3 one, so that you can have an even cut upper deck. Personally, I would rather go back to the TC3 shock towers and wing chassis braces, but keep the steering rack and toe blocks. It would be nice to get the upper brace as low on the chassis you can. Just my two cents.
Whatever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ran my TC4 on carpet at least 10 times and never finished a 5 min. heat because it handled so bad I couldn't drive it and broke (they are VERY Fragile). The car was literaly in the trash can twice.

I now have a BMI chassis and we are running asphalt. Two weeks of racing has me 1 A main win and 1 A main 5th. The only major change is the BMI chassis and rubber tires.

If you are having problems with the TC4, GET A BMI chassis and you will not be disappointed.

IRS also has one coming soon that looks VERY promising.
Old 04-17-2005, 07:16 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: BMI makes great products, but I have to say....

Originally posted by RoNTC3
Whatever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ran my TC4 on carpet at least 10 times and never finished a 5 min. heat because it handled so bad I couldn't drive it and broke (they are VERY Fragile). The car was literaly in the trash can twice.

I now have a BMI chassis and we are running asphalt. Two weeks of racing has me 1 A main win and 1 A main 5th. The only major change is the BMI chassis and rubber tires.

If you are having problems with the TC4, GET A BMI chassis and you will not be disappointed.

I would disagree.

I built my TC4 and ran it box stock on carpet. Due to the horrible bumper that AE decided to put on, I did break a front arm on my second run. But, the car ran better completely box stock then my previous TC3. As of now, I can get into an A main fairly easy. I'm still using the whole plastic chassis. So I would say the BMI chassis isn'y needed for me a the moment.

Just my opinion.
Old 04-17-2005, 07:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Like I said, If you are having problems with the TC4.

I know of several people who can drive the hell out of it stock( Hi Billy). But then again, they could drive the hell out of a pile of dog S#!t with wheels on it.
Old 04-17-2005, 08:11 PM
RDR
Tech Apprentice

Default 3700 Batteries?

Anyone run 3700's yet just wondering if you have to modify the battery holder at all to make em fit?

Doug
Old 04-17-2005, 08:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Yes, BMI makes some very good products...

but the TC4 is not one of their best in terms of overall performance gains. The molded carbon tub is better in my book. Yes, great quality, but I don't think the TC4 allows for a good CF plate design. Not without changing things up. All the BMI team guys can jump in here. I'm not going to lead someone astray $120 just to jump on the BMI bandwagon. I just happen to disagree about the unrealistic performance gains many seem to claim here about the BMI TC4 chassis that all. Peace out!
Old 04-17-2005, 08:18 PM
Tech Elite

Default RDR...

can't seem to get a reply from any of the AE guys about this question.
Old 04-17-2005, 08:20 PM
RDR
Tech Apprentice

Default 3700's

Guess I'll just have to buy them and hope for the best!!!
Old 04-17-2005, 08:24 PM
Tech Elite

Whatever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You got to be kidding right?
Old 04-17-2005, 08:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: BMI makes great products, but I have to say....

You got to be kidding right?
I wish I was.
Old 04-17-2005, 08:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default Re: RDR...

can't seem to get a reply from any of the AE guys about this question.
Try asking in the Rc10M18 thread in offroad, they support that car.
Old 04-17-2005, 09:20 PM
RDR
Tech Apprentice

Default IRS Outdrives

Where can I pick up some IRS outdrives? please help! I can only find TC3 outdrives!

Thanks, Doug
Old 04-17-2005, 09:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

They are the same.
Old 04-18-2005, 04:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Whatever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seems like I am putting allot of pressure on BMI but I hope I have the luck you did. I had the worse time with my tc4 on Saturday that I almost jumped in the car and went home and got my xxx-s.

The guys here have sent me a few links to some products I am going to pick up so that this brittle car can start to stack up with the xxx-s's
Old 04-18-2005, 05:04 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

hey guys,

i just wanted to say that my tc4 chassis was tested by about 15 people before it was released and all agreed that it was a big improvement over the stock chassis.i for one found the chassis kit to work very well and improve my consistancy.it does take a little bit of setup change but it does work extremely well.as for the flex,the chassis is stiffer and lighter than the graphite tub and the flex is extremely close from left to right.this is not with the grab the front and rear and twist test but with actual tourqe tests that actually use real numbered measurements.the chassis does not flex nearly as much as the stock tub.i was able to twist an assembled tc4 quite a bit more with the stock tub over my kit with the same amount of monitored tourqe.all of my kits are tested to the best of my abitlity and the team drivers also.there was so many issues with the stock tub and i cant believe no one is knocking that.for 1 the steering rack offers you little to no ackerman adjustment due to incorrect placement.this was fixed on my chassis.the chassis is offset from the centerline so it rubs on one side.i fixed this also.the car is very heavy.i made it lighter.it changes direction faster with the new battery placement and is very very consistant.i didnt change the motor mount because all that i spoke to said they wanted the stock motor mount.i personally never liked the cam but im not the only one running the car.i need to do what you guys ask me too.i am trying to make a kit that you guys will be happy with.
Old 04-18-2005, 06:11 AM
Tech Addict

It's funny how some racers blame thier problems entirely on the car! All the complaints about the TC4 and I bet more then half of them havnt done a whole lot with the set up or even thier driving skills. We have a local racer who switches brands and cars like theres no tommorow thinking that it's the car that causes him to break all the time And that if he had the same car as the "faster guys" he to would be fast. When in reality it's just his lack of set up skills and driving ability. I have had my TC4 since Nov and have only broke 1 arm and as hard as I hit the barrier no car would have come away unscathed from that one. I run with Losi's and X-Rays along with HPI rs4's and every single brand has had some sort of breakage it happens! Just for the record I had a losi xxxs g+ for about a year but only raced it for about 2 months and went through countless shock shafts along with about 3 front arms and 1 rear arm and 1 shock tower untill I started doing more with the set up and after I did I started noticing some improvments. Then after running the LOSI for about a year with some success I decided to unretire my tC3 and without even going through the setup and basicly just taking it of the shelf I gained about a full second on my lap times and was way more cosistant. Thats when I decided to stick with assoc and get a TC4 even though a lot of the guys went with the x-ray. And I have not regreted since. Yes assoc has had a few issues with the TC4 and you can bet that they are continuing to do plenty of R+D on it and will make improvments as time goes on. Look at the original TC3 no droop adjustments all you had was the internal spacers in the shocks. and very heavy steel outdrives and non threaded shocks and no carbon chassis. but after a year or so assoc released a whole bunch of factory team parts including a full factory team car.

Last edited by Jmccormick; 04-18-2005 at 06:36 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.