Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 12:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Originally posted by Windsorguy99
What is the procedure to be followed to get the updated parts?
Call Don in customer service at AE. He was very helpful and didn't ask me to send back the original parts.
Old 01-24-2005, 12:33 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Windsorguy99
What is the durability like on the composite bones?

I hope it's better than the Associated composite outdrives...

speaking of outdrives and diffs...

Did anyone else read the RCCA reviewof the TC4????

Can someone...ANYONE please explain to me how it rates a perfect 10 in parts fit and finish??????

The other question is that Cliff Lett made the recommendation that people who got early kits get the new parts.....is Associated supplying the parts? or should we all rush to our stores and randomly buy parts hoping that they are updated pieces and not the TC4 originals?

Don't get me wrong..I like my TC4 and it's workign well for me....but a 10 for parts fit and finish is a HUGE stretch...to me 10 says no hand-fitting or extra shimming required and the only flashing needing to be removed is at the injection sprue from the mold...NO flashing around or in any holes....I'd probably rate it a 7

I have been running the IRS composite CVD's in my TC3 for a while and I have broken a few but they where very hard crashes and they are cheap at something like 15 bucks for 4 and they come with pin cusions already on them.......

I think the TC4 is a good car I realy like mine although I have had the typical issues diff gear to thick and having to shim the suspension to remove the slop along with using axle shims to remove the slop in the steering arms. But other then that it's been a great car and does respond well to any changes made.
Old 01-24-2005, 12:42 PM
Tech Addict

hey Paul I see you are from CT. I occasionaly race down there in Enfield at RC madness.
Cris is a super guy and can help you a ton they have the IRS stuff in stock thats where I got the ones I have.
If you do decide to try the cusions on the stock CVD's you may also want to trim them for clearance from the chassis braces alomg with putting a dab of ca on the cusion when you put it on the CVD and do it the way they tell you put the cusion first and then press in the pin. This is how I installed the cusions and they are solid and wont budge.

Jim
Old 01-24-2005, 12:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The car responds well to changes and handles well...like I said..I like mine too...but it has it quirks and one of them is questionable quality of the molded pieces as far as fit and tolerancig is concerned...

The scary part is that these are brand new tools...once they have been in productionfor a while it could get worse
Old 01-24-2005, 01:00 PM
Tech Addict

I talked to Don at associated today and he told me to just send the molded arms to them and they will replace them along with he arm mounts. I have upgraded with the composite kit and according to Don the composite arms are not affected due to they where manufactured after the problems with the molds where corrected. So far so good with the customer service and support with the TC4.
Old 01-24-2005, 01:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Does anyone make a graphite chassis yet of the TC4 like BMI or IRS does with the TC3
Old 01-24-2005, 01:07 PM
Tech Elite

Service and support is great..performance is great....parts fitand finish is good....not perfect...

that was the whole point I was making...

thanks for the feedback on who to talk to at AE
Old 01-24-2005, 01:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by caleracer45
Does anyone make a graphite chassis yet of the TC4 like BMI or IRS does with the TC3
BMI's should be released very soon
Old 01-24-2005, 01:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

great thanks I guess that gives me some time to save up some money then
Old 01-24-2005, 01:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Jmccormick you got pm!
Old 01-24-2005, 01:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Can anybody tell me when and why I would use and of the anti roll bars?
Old 01-24-2005, 01:58 PM
Tech Regular

Ahh I see take the substandard parts off my car, ship them several thousand miles and then wait for new parts to come in the mail so I can use my car.... great....

I can buy a new set of arms for less than what it would cost to send a set down there with any sort of speed... and I'd rather use the car...

be sweet to get my hands on the 'ver 2' arms tho.. seeing as my LHS cannot..

Mebbe next time I break a pair I will send them..
Old 01-24-2005, 11:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Boomer
I agree - it's a typical magazine review.

I've noticed that NO magazine rates ANYTHING less than a 5 out of 10, meaning that nothing actually sucks. . .

Many magazines are actually afraid of offending their advertisers so they will review accordingly.

In addition, I've actually seen several reviewers say that they have NOT raced on-road or off-road for quite a while UNTIL they reviewed X car. . .this raises a HUGE red flag for me. I want RACERS to review the car. I want to see A-Main or even B-Main regulars, Sportsman class drivers to review this car, not an off-road guy who hasn't had a car on asphalt/carpet for 8 months. . .

It's why I like X-Play on G4TechTV. . .they're gamers reviewing games and they LOVE to give 1 out of 5 scores (when appropriate) and have actually bemoaned the fact that they can't give 0's since there are games that deserve it (but in a 1-5 scale, there are no 0's. . .)
Typical for what? Please don't lump magazine revies together. Read the TC4 review on our website or in the magazine and it addresses most of the complaints with the TC4.

The reason you see no "suck" reviews is that there are plenty of non-suck things to review and instead of focusing on the negative we try and put the hobby in a positive light. I couldn't imagine opening a magazine I was interested in and reading how everything sucks.

I can tell you I've refuse to review lots of things or offered it to not be printed. My reputation cost a lot more to buy than you may want to think. Are things sugar coated a little? Sure, but if you read and can put a few sentences together you can see most complaints.

While sometimes I go more than a month without racing a particular class I consider myself a well above average racer, but unlike most people I have to race a different car and different classes every month. It would be nice to focus on one car for a year, but that can't happen.

Also, I've thought about this plenty of time because I know a few magazine guys who stink at racing. But if a car makes them better isn't that a valid opinion. In fact if it makes the sucky guy better that's better information than how good a driver is. I know that Kinwald can make a bad car look good, but if a car makes the sucky driver look better that more machine than driver.

Over at XRC we all race and come from a racing background. Even our art guys race. Are we going to be better at one class than another? Who isn't? But I think people that do this for a living have a bigger vested stake at what they write or if they are a driver how or what they race.
Old 01-25-2005, 05:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

I think your mag is much better about reviews than one other I can think of. Goes to that whole Trinity Batteries and motors winning "Best of" every year.

That's all fine and dandy Derek but do the hot chicks race? I think we're all losing sight of what is really important. Hot women
Old 01-25-2005, 07:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Stupid question but I can't remember and don't have the parts with me. AE pistons, what order are they in?

1 is softest or hardest?
Is 2 in the middle?
3 is softest or hardest?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.