Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 11:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Thank you.
Old 06-11-2013, 04:37 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi guys,

we put a new basic setup for asphalt online. This should work in most conditions, and includes most of things that we found out during the last few weeks.
The original plan was to do this earlier, but the weather in central Europe didn't allow much testing and althought we had setups for some racetracks, they were too different from each other to create a propar basic setup. Now we had a few races and testweekends, and we are a little bit more confident in our basic setup. Yet it is still an early version and probably we will have some modifications over the summer, but at least it should be a good starting point.

Regards
David
Old 06-11-2013, 05:55 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by David_E
Hi guys,

we put a new basic setup for asphalt online. This should work in most conditions, and includes most of things that we found out during the last few weeks.
The original plan was to do this earlier, but the weather in central Europe didn't allow much testing and althought we had setups for some racetracks, they were too different from each other to create a propar basic setup. Now we had a few races and testweekends, and we are a little bit more confident in our basic setup. Yet it is still an early version and probably we will have some modifications over the summer, but at least it should be a good starting point.

Regards
David
Great! How many ackerman shims are you using in that setup?
Old 06-11-2013, 06:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hi guys,

Regards
David
Do you use split blocks or one peace mount?

Thanks
Old 06-11-2013, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R3VoLuTiOn
Still pretty disappointed with the amount of setups on the serpent site.

I'd like to see a good asphalt one to start with.
Hi guys,

Regards
David
There you go John, that should get you started.........Thanks David.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Benzaah
That would possibly be the black orings hardened up. Get some clearones to replace the kit black orings and you can buy the delrin shaft guides which take a little of the play out the shaft but there will always be some play there, if it was solid it would fail under stress IMO The delrin pistons are also a good investment

http://serpent.com/product/160119/

http://serpent.com/product/160132/

http://serpent.com/product/160110/
ordered the parts monday thanks for the info. will let you know how I make out. also I ran mod with my ERYX this sunday for the first time with the new car, and all I can say is WOW. I TQ and won.

Last edited by gearhead_22; 06-11-2013 at 12:56 PM.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Selling my S411 TE + Everything to race ready to go! Cheap cheak it out!!
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/S411-Serp...410afe4&_uhb=1
Old 06-13-2013, 03:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Selling my S411 TE + Everything to race ready to go! Cheap cheak it out!!
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/S411-Serp...410afe4&_uhb=1
Old 06-13-2013, 09:24 PM
Tech Elite

Default Front Diff Build Question for Ed.

Hi Ed,

Just wondering if you could describe your front diff build with the ear plugs? Are the plugs chopped up into small pieces? Did you use a 2 or 4 metal gear diff or a composite one? What oil and how much did you add to the final build? I've done one myself, but it feels notchy, its pretty much locked but if I try to do a rotate on it, it doesn't feel as free as a 1mill or 2.5mil straight oil diff. Thanks
Old 06-13-2013, 11:36 PM
Tech Regular

New asphalt setup located here if interested:
http://www.serpent.com/product/400013/setups/
Old 06-16-2013, 01:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default How to compare split toe block setup with one piece toe block

I am running a hybrid TE/eryx outdoor. I am using Eryx diff, shocks, steering. Looking at the posted Eryx basic asphalt setup that uses 0.5 split toe block and 3.5 one piece toe block. Is 0.5 split toe block equeal to 0.5 one picece toe block? or maybe 1.0?
Old 06-16-2013, 02:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Linguster
I am running a hybrid TE/eryx outdoor. I am using Eryx diff, shocks, steering. Looking at the posted Eryx basic asphalt setup that uses 0.5 split toe block and 3.5 one piece toe block. Is 0.5 split toe block equeal to 0.5 one picece toe block? or maybe 1.0?
yes, the 0.5 blocks are the same width, regardless of split or one-piece, that doesn't change. I've found on my Eryx, that a one-piece 0.0/3.0rear block setting, is similar to using the splt 0.5/3.5 setting. Widening the rear track on the pin has the effect of freeing up the car, due to the changes in track width, and moving the shock position out on the lower arm (stiffer).

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Hi Ed,

Just wondering if you could describe your front diff build with the ear plugs? Are the plugs chopped up into small pieces? Did you use a 2 or 4 metal gear diff or a composite one? What oil and how much did you add to the final build? I've done one myself, but it feels notchy, its pretty much locked but if I try to do a rotate on it, it doesn't feel as free as a 1mill or 2.5mil straight oil diff. Thanks
I'm pretty sure I used a v2 diff, but with four steel gears. I didn't add a lot of oil (just a few drops of 1200 I think... built it a while ago!), but did break up the material into smaller pieces to make sure it was well packed into the casing. Mine doesn't feel notchy, but it is very very tight, and very tough to turn over by hand out of the car, which is the effect I'm after. Having felt some 1mil and 2.5mil diffs, felt they were too soft, and this earplug diff gives just enough extra initial and mid steering, without losing too much drive out the corner.

HiH
Ed
Old 06-16-2013, 07:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

I'm pretty sure somebody questioned the integrity of this part in Eryx. But anyway, part number 401395(steering rack). There are 2 bearings that had been pre installed when I got the kit. Now both came off during race and they would not hold their places since there's no holder for the bearings!!! I guess the bearings were very tight fit when I got it but anyway, once they get loose, it just seems uncontrollable. And Eryx's steering is very sloppy. Too much play. Is this design flaw? I tried to put flanged bearings but it didn't work and the only way that I can think of doing to fix it is red-locktite the bearings to the steering rack. How do you guys handle it? I'm sure a lot of people have this problem because, to me, it's very obvious design flaw. I'm just not happy about it. Please advise.
Old 06-17-2013, 02:01 AM
Tech Regular

There was a tip on the serpent website in the build of the eryx to use a parts plastic bag to fill the gap between the bearing and steering. Worked a treat for me. Here is a link to the build tips:
http://www.serpent.com/news/13643/Se...by-Gary-!.html
Old 06-17-2013, 06:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (98%+)

Originally Posted by luda
There was a tip on the serpent website in the build of the eryx to use a parts plastic bag to fill the gap between the bearing and steering. Worked a treat for me. Here is a link to the build tips:
http://www.serpent.com/news/13643/Se...by-Gary-!.html
Do you mean to use the actual plastic bag? Cut it and fit it between the arms and use it like a shim? Still trying to understand...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.