Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 06:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Congrats on an awesome IIC.

Cheers
Old 10-06-2012, 09:13 AM
Tech Master

Hey kevin could u post your setup u finished up with for your sedan @ iic whenever u get time
Old 10-06-2012, 08:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You the man Frenchy....cya soon
Old 10-08-2012, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mike Haynes
You as well. Both represented nicely. Congrats
Old 10-12-2012, 05:10 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi Keven, congrats for your result in Vegas
You could give me some info for proper mechanical building of the tc6.1 especially for the gears diff. and suspension? I run in 13.5 no timing class. I need also a good starting point set up for the new Factory Team Worlds Car Kit
Thks in advance

Enrico
Italy

Last edited by 20967; 10-12-2012 at 05:26 AM.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:28 AM
Tech Regular

Sorry for the late replies, I was out of town for the last 2 weeks and did not have much internet access. I am going to keep an eye on this thread more often for anyone having questions, please feel free to ask.

Originally Posted by M.Abramowicz
hi!

so it means on top V1 holes? at front and rear?

what spacers?

or just post last setup just write values

go!!!!

Setups from iic will be posted shortly. It is quite a bit different than juho so it gives you 2 options to find which ever one you like best.

Originally Posted by goin2drt
Congrats on an awesome IIC.

Cheers
Thank you. It was indeed a good week end. Hope I can make it out west at some time this year.

Originally Posted by rosko
Hey kevin could u post your setup u finished up with for your sedan @ iic whenever u get time
Hi,

I am finishing up the setup sheet right now and they should be posted on associateds website soon.

Originally Posted by Mike Haynes
Thanks, Good job at IIC too, you diserve it. See you in a few weeks.

Originally Posted by 20967
Hi Keven, congrats for your result in Vegas
You could give me some info for proper mechanical building of the tc6.1 especially for the gears diff. and suspension? I run in 13.5 no timing class. I need also a good starting point set up for the new Factory Team Worlds Car Kit
Thks in advance

Enrico
Italy
Answered that one in a private message ! let me knoe if you have anymore questions !
Old 10-19-2012, 01:26 AM
Tech Regular

hey keven!! great show at the IIC! good to see some good old canadian whoop ass!!

pickin up my new TC6.1 tomorrow and was wondering what build tips you have and if theres any hot mods you recomend? any or all tips would be greatly apreciated!!

also whats your take on 1/12 scale tire size? what do you cut your tire to? and what would you recommend a club racer cut there tires to for longevity but not lose performance?

ill be making it to the GP at Time Zone so ill make sure i come buy and pick your brain about setup!
Old 10-19-2012, 01:37 AM
Tech Regular

oh and post up those IIc setups for 1/12 and 1/10 scale!! haha thanks again!
Old 10-21-2012, 06:20 AM
H I
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Hello, I’m after advice on mod motor for 12th scale.
Tossing up between LRP X20 and Reedy Sonic motor to buy. Which motor would be better and why?
I’m currently using LRP SXX V2 ESC and Reedy 6500 battery.

Run time is the biggest issue for me, and I heard .0 motors are more efficient, is that true? I was thinking 4.5 but if that’s true 4.0 turn would be better?

Thanks
Old 10-22-2012, 02:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Never mind...

Last edited by AdrianM; 10-22-2012 at 03:59 PM.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:33 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TEAM BURN
oh and post up those IIc setups for 1/12 and 1/10 scale!! haha thanks again!
They are all posted now. Sorry for the delay. let me know if you have any questions.

Originally Posted by H I
Hello, I’m after advice on mod motor for 12th scale.
Tossing up between LRP X20 and Reedy Sonic motor to buy. Which motor would be better and why?
I’m currently using LRP SXX V2 ESC and Reedy 6500 battery.

Run time is the biggest issue for me, and I heard .0 motors are more efficient, is that true? I was thinking 4.5 but if that’s true 4.0 turn would be better?

Thanks
Hmm both motors are very good motor. the feel is slightly different, with the LRP motor having more torq and Reedy being smoother. I think you can get close to the same runtime with both motor from my previous testing. One of the main thing that helped me with effeciency and runtime was going to the Flow ESC. I was very surprised at how much cooler and faster the ESC was from what I had before. But I never ran into much issue with runtime with the 6500 battery before tho, I cam close a few times but it didnt seem much of a problem. I dont think .0 are more efficient. I think it has a lot to do with ESC settings, sometimes when they are wrong, it can be slower when the timing is too much and it doesnt reach it and therefore it will also drain more batteries so also something to take into concideration. But I think both motors are great and you can find what you like with either one of them with some testing, gearing and ESC.

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have any questions.

Originally Posted by AdrianM
Never mind...

Sorry about that, it is fixed now !
Old 10-23-2012, 12:39 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TEAM BURN
hey keven!! great show at the IIC! good to see some good old canadian whoop ass!!

pickin up my new TC6.1 tomorrow and was wondering what build tips you have and if theres any hot mods you recomend? any or all tips would be greatly apreciated!!

also whats your take on 1/12 scale tire size? what do you cut your tire to? and what would you recommend a club racer cut there tires to for longevity but not lose performance?

ill be making it to the GP at Time Zone so ill make sure i come buy and pick your brain about setup!
Thank you, when you get the car, nothing major is needed except the Dual joint for the front when running on carpet is a good option to have. I run the Tamiya one from Spec-R but I beleive the Yokomo are a good fit has well but you need 5mm hex with any dual joint you will use because stock AE hex wont fit.

Everything else should be going together well and you should be good to go.

For 1/12, if you do run mod, I would not go any bigger than 42.5-43mm in the rear to start with and 40.5 front to get about 5 runs on them. problem is when running modified now the cars are so fast that tire wear can be an issue. I run mine down to 38.8mm but thats as low as I will go for front and 40.8 for rear.

Good to hear you will be at timezone GP. Looking forward to meet new people.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:55 PM
gom
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Keven H
Thank you, when you get the car, nothing major is needed except the Dual joint for the front when running on carpet is a good option to have. I run the Tamiya one from Spec-R but I beleive the Yokomo are a good fit has well but you need 5mm hex with any dual joint you will use because stock AE hex wont fit.

Everything else should be going together well and you should be good to go.

For 1/12, if you do run mod, I would not go any bigger than 42.5-43mm in the rear to start with and 40.5 front to get about 5 runs on them. problem is when running modified now the cars are so fast that tire wear can be an issue. I run mine down to 38.8mm but thats as low as I will go for front and 40.8 for rear.

Good to hear you will be at timezone GP. Looking forward to meet new people.
Hi Keven, when using the Spec-R Tamiya Dual Joint, do we need to dremel the C-hub a little similar to the RSD dual joint mod? Or is it a perfect fit? Thanks.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:28 PM
Tech Elite

Kevin

At WCRC running the Stelflue set up with the WC conversion minus chassis (6.1). Car is great on the infield. Issue is coming into the sweeper the front wants to push a little. Suggestions to mess with without changing to much to screw up the infield.

Tires are Sorex 32's with LG sauce if that matters.
Thanks
Todd
Old 10-23-2012, 01:49 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by gom
Hi Keven, when using the Spec-R Tamiya Dual Joint, do we need to dremel the C-hub a little similar to the RSD dual joint mod? Or is it a perfect fit? Thanks.
Hi Gom,

You will need to cut the sharp edge but very very little and is easier done with a exacto knife. You will also need the hex like with the RSD.

Originally Posted by goin2drt
Kevin

At WCRC running the Stelflue set up with the WC conversion minus chassis (6.1). Car is great on the infield. Issue is coming into the sweeper the front wants to push a little. Suggestions to mess with without changing to much to screw up the infield.

Tires are Sorex 32's with LG sauce if that matters.
Thanks
Todd
Hi Todd,

Sounds like your car might be slightly soft in the front. I dont know all about the stellflue setup but here are a few things you could try that could help. From smallest change to biggest change.

first, you could try and add some camber gain to the front but I beielve bob already runs quite a bit. then you could try going up 1 or even 2 holes on the shock tower for shock location that could help quite a bit. Then if thats not enough you could try going to the outside whole on the arm for shock location but I think he might already be there I am not sure and last thing you could try is going to a stiffer front spring and see what that does for you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.