Wiki Posts
Search

Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 12:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Xtant3150c
Got to race yesterday Well for one round of qualifying then got rained out!

The suspension changes did'nt have to much of an effect on the cars handling. It was better then the first time out but still like to drift in turns on power.

Local Corally guy Big Features gave me some more tips and emphasized the need to get a spool for it.

I don't remember my Pro4 acting like this when I ran it with the one-way? I think I was running 3 degree rear toe in on it though and we were running less power!hehehe

I was thinking maybe the car could use a little more toe-in in the rear to try and get more traction and then some toe-out up front? Was trying to figure out a way to get the car more planted without having to get the spool?

But anyways I ordered a spool today and hope that this will settle down the car and get it more planted in and out of the corners.
X,

Trust me, I've run that car alot and a spool/short wheelbase set-up is the hot ticket. I would also run your front camber links short and high. As far as toe, I would run the front at zero and the rear and 2 and 1/2. Make sure your dots on your roll-center blocks are facing down
Old 10-30-2008, 11:51 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Xtant3150c
Got to race yesterday Well for one round of qualifying then got rained out!

The suspension changes did'nt have to much of an effect on the cars handling. It was better then the first time out but still like to drift in turns on power.

Local Corally guy Big Features gave me some more tips and emphasized the need to get a spool for it.

I don't remember my Pro4 acting like this when I ran it with the one-way? I think I was running 3 degree rear toe in on it though and we were running less power!hehehe

I was thinking maybe the car could use a little more toe-in in the rear to try and get more traction and then some toe-out up front? Was trying to figure out a way to get the car more planted without having to get the spool?

But anyways I ordered a spool today and hope that this will settle down the car and get it more planted in and out of the corners.
what oils are you running and spring
Old 12-01-2008, 05:34 PM
Tech Regular

does anyone look at this thread any more?
Old 12-01-2008, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

Been a while since we ran ours, currently running the PHI.

foam:

Front 30.5lbs springs 60wt
Rear: 19 or 22lbs springs 40wt

Rubber:

Front: 22 or 24 lbs springs 50wt
Rear: 12 to 14.5 lbs springs 30wt

also have the 2 hole or 3 hole pistons and the lower shock seal mod that we played with which will change things......................

hope that helps
Old 12-01-2008, 06:21 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MAD916
Been a while since we ran ours, currently running the PHI.

foam:

Front 30.5lbs springs 60wt
Rear: 19 or 22lbs springs 40wt

Rubber:

Front: 22 or 24 lbs springs 50wt
Rear: 12 to 14.5 lbs springs 30wt

also have the 2 hole or 3 hole pistons and the lower shock seal mod that we played with which will change things......................

hope that helps
what 2 or 3 hole pistons i am looking for some that will work in my rdx 1.1 or some where around there.

what seal mod are you doing to you shocks ?
Old 12-01-2008, 07:32 PM
Tech Elite

some guys run the tamiya 3 hole shock pistons.... there is a lot of discussion if you do a search.

the other mod is to remove 1 of the silicone o-ring in the lower shock body. replace with teflon shim to free shock stiction.. also a search should get you more info
Old 01-04-2009, 09:29 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

fellow rdx racers i have a issue i need help on. i have 2 rdx sedans and 5 of the new ltc-r protoform bodys. i am trying to findout if i have to purchase the low profile shock towers to use these bodys. and if i do switch to the lopro towers what othetr ghanges are needed to race it on asphalt? thanks for any help.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:31 AM
Tech Regular

thanks for your help i found some 1.1 from corally some i am going to try those
Old 01-05-2009, 06:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by touringdriver
fellow rdx racers i have a issue i need help on. i have 2 rdx sedans and 5 of the new ltc-r protoform bodys. i am trying to findout if i have to purchase the low profile shock towers to use these bodys. and if i do switch to the lopro towers what othetr ghanges are needed to race it on asphalt? thanks for any help.
i don't know if you 'need' to run the lower shock tower to run this body. However, 'if' you do, grab 2 associated spring retainers. install them with the cone pointing up.

hope that helped.

Last edited by The Bear; 01-05-2009 at 07:16 AM. Reason: .
Old 01-31-2009, 11:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

okay.

i've now started to get into foam and rubber tyre racing. great fun, wish i got into it sooner.

but here's my question:

the track i run on is carpet and I figured out exactly what the quirk was with it. it's such a low bite track and it's on such a cold floor that I can barely get any traction, let alone any temperature into the tyres. Plus, the car feels slightly sluggish while going into the corners. meaning I have to slow way down in order to go though the entire corner. exiting while on power is fine though.

It has a 27t motor (trinity mystery stock based, geared low for acceleration), the track has two straights, with one chicane at one side and a 180 degree turn at the other side. It's running on a lipo battery, and it has weights on the side of it to balance the car out. It also has a front and rear ball diff installed.

any suggestions?
Old 02-01-2009, 12:40 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Sabin
okay.

i've now started to get into foam and rubber tyre racing. great fun, wish i got into it sooner.

but here's my question:

the track i run on is carpet and I figured out exactly what the quirk was with it. it's such a low bite track and it's on such a cold floor that I can barely get any traction, let alone any temperature into the tyres. Plus, the car feels slightly sluggish while going into the corners. meaning I have to slow way down in order to go though the entire corner. exiting while on power is fine though.

It has a 27t motor (trinity mystery stock based, geared low for acceleration), the track has two straights, with one chicane at one side and a 180 degree turn at the other side. It's running on a lipo battery, and it has weights on the side of it to balance the car out. It also has a front and rear ball diff installed.

any suggestions?

what are you running for a setup now on your rubber car
Old 02-03-2009, 04:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

that would be jeff brown's general/asphalt setup. http://www.corallyusa.com/2005/setups/RDXJeffNATS.pdf
Old 03-04-2009, 02:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

I got a corally rdx to try racing have everything installed cant wait to hit the track. here is a pic of it
Old 03-05-2009, 02:55 PM
Tech Regular

i have tryed that setup it works pretty good i like some thing a little softer i am running 17lbs w 40wt up frt and 14lbs with 30wt in the rear and i dont run any anti squat i runn short wheel base frt and rear with 3* c-hubs car feels awesome to me

i am running rubber on carpet sorex 28s and 13.5
Old 03-05-2009, 06:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sabin
okay.

but here's my question:

any suggestions?

Make sure to use some sort of tire traction compound every time you go out (Jack the gripper, Paragon) Also, you could try softer compound of tire. Even laying down the shocks one hole can play around with steering options. For a great reference, the Corally RDX manual has ideas, and setup suggestions in the back. (Page 25-32)

http://international.corally.com/pdf...ual-090305.pdf

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.