Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 08:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

has anyone tried running the camber links with the small ball end like in Jeff's ride? does it provide more camber gain or something? also is he running toe out inboard? does it create less ackerman or something? i hope he (Jeff) posts the winning set-up (please)!
Old 11-26-2006, 08:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

MCGOO!! sup man.... i tried to call ya mid-week while you were still in Mclean Va... wanted to see if you wanted to catch up.....grab a bite to eat.

didnt hear from ya..

hope all is well.... race ya soon!!

arvin
Old 11-27-2006, 03:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Nah the short ball studs do nothing for camber gain. They just put less stress on the shock tower, thus lessening the chance that the tower breaks at the camber link mounts. I know, because I run with Cuffs weekly and I've done the same thing.
Old 11-27-2006, 09:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
Our local carpet track has an indoor off road track in the same building right next to it. Despite occasional watering the off road track dries out and the resulting dust settles on the carpet track. This leaves us with a rather low bite condition. Where would I start making adjustments for a rubber tire on carpet set up to get more traction? I have Ertrachter's set up from the coraly website on my RDX at the moment but would like to gain quite a bit more rear traction. Currently its like a cross between drifting and racing. Any suggestions or even tried set ups for rubber tires on low bite carpet?
Bueller . . . Bueller? Chirp Chirp
Old 11-28-2006, 05:32 AM

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Is there a new version of this oming out ?
Old 11-28-2006, 06:27 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dasupacat1
Is there a new version of this oming out ?
We've heard nothing official, only seen pictures of the prototype car they're testing overseas. We haven't even heard if that design has been approved for production. It uses a LOT of the RDX parts, though, which is nice. I imagine it'll be a while still before there's anything we can buy.

Jeff Cuffs just took his RDX to the win (in stock) in Cleveland against a bunch of fancy new T2'007s, along with a few other guys using the RDX. The car is still dialed, and just as effective on carpet as anything the competition has served up the last couple of years.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

I just recieved my RDX in the mail yesterday and was very impressed with all the updates and goodies it seems to have.

I do need some body post nuts though , somehow they didn't make it in the box . I really am not a big fan of the stock method of body mounts. I see in some other RDX photos there are some larger padded body mounts available other than these little plastic nut thingys and I'd like to find a set.

What do you guys preffer and where do I find them?

It also came with a servo already installed. It's an Airtronics 94157, I've never been a fan of Airtronics but would this servo be better than the Futaba 9351 I currently use?

One last question. There seems to be a ticking coming from the rear wheel hubs when I have the wheels off and I pull the belt to make the wheels go round. It doesn't happen at all when the wheels are on ...is this normal?
Old 11-28-2006, 12:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knows the part# for the new shock mounting posts that eliminates the need to secure the shock to the tower using a nut.

Cheerz

Last edited by Obsidian; 11-28-2006 at 02:25 PM.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:35 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Obsidian
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knows the part# for the new shock mounting posts that eliminates the need to secure the shock to the tower.

Cheerz
Don't know about a shock mounting post, but the have threaded balls that eliminate the need for the nuts.

Cheers
Peter
Old 11-28-2006, 01:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by syndr0me
We've heard nothing official, only seen pictures of the prototype car they're testing overseas. We haven't even heard if that design has been approved for production. It uses a LOT of the RDX parts, though, which is nice. I imagine it'll be a while still before there's anything we can buy.

Jeff Cuffs just took his RDX to the win (in stock) in Cleveland against a bunch of fancy new T2'007s, along with a few other guys using the RDX. The car is still dialed, and just as effective on carpet as anything the competition has served up the last couple of years.
Like most manufacturers is Corally also continously trying to improve and develop the ultimate car.

The parts used in the prototype seen on the pics are indeed not (yet) approved for production.
A lot of detail and finetuning and testing is still very much going on.

It has allready been said before, the current RDX can tangle with the best.

Last edited by PizzaDude; 11-28-2006 at 10:51 PM.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me

Congrats to Cuffs on the win. Too bad Ellis (T2'007) couldn't manage to put his TQ in stock to use and win the main.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kartermdb
I dont know about you syndrome, maybe you should re-check your thrust bearings, I know mine use the same washer on both sides, and thats how Corally designed them.

I will get you a measurement later on today.
This is an important point. At Cleveland, I had my thrust washers backwards, and during the resulting profane tirade in my room, I may have invented several new oaths. Once Jeff Brown cleared this all up for me, my diffs were buttery smooth once again, and the earmuffs came off of the small children.

The thrusts are 2 different sizes. The big hole goes on top if i remember right.

Thanks Jeff...
Old 11-28-2006, 06:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by robk
This is an important point. At Cleveland, I had my thrust washers backwards, and during the resulting profane tirade in my room, I may have invented several new oaths. Once Jeff Brown cleared this all up for me, my diffs were buttery smooth once again, and the earmuffs came off of the small children.

The thrusts are 2 different sizes. The big hole goes on top if i remember right.

Thanks Jeff...
Any time.......

Yes, the thrust washers are different sizes.

Jeff
Old 11-28-2006, 09:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

jigajeff brown!!
Old 11-28-2006, 10:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

This is the second straight race that we proved that this car is still very capable of winning. I won the Halloween classic and the US indoor champs against some of the highest competition this country has to offer. The car was very good at both races and hasnt let me down yet. I did run the new Tekin R1 speedo at cleveland and it ran very well. Ill be testing it in brushless mode this weekend.

As far as setup here u go. 60/40 trinity oil, 1.3 pistons, 33/24 springs, short down front link short up rear link. standard extensions in the rear. 1 degree rear toe. 4 degrees castor. second hole in in both towers. 2mil spacers on front arms

As kyle said i runn the short ballstuds on the front to reduce the breakage of towers. So far so good and it helps a ton. No performance gains by doing this.

Just want to thank robbie, jeff and the whole corally crew. We work together well at the track and it shows. Vegas was the first carpet race we lost in stock since snowbirds 2 years ago. That tells you alot about this car and the team.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.