Wiki Posts
Search

Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 10:10 PM
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. McGoo

here are pics of Team Tamale's shock tower braces - it is just with my camera phone....so sorry for the so-so pics

Just a quick note to you Corally guys. Here is a pic of the lastest shock tower braces. The ones pictured in McGoo's post were the original prototypes. These had holes drilled in them and required a nut on one side to secure the upper camber link mount. In the new version, the holes are threaded 3mm eliminating the need for this nut. You can check them out at http://www.teamtamale.com.
Attached Thumbnails Team Corally RDX Touring Car-rdxbrace.jpg  
Old 05-10-2006, 11:04 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Tamale,

Thank you, that's a great deal. A single shock tower costs more than four of these parts, and it doesn't take much at all to break them if you use the outer camber positions. I ordered mine today.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:25 AM
Tech Lord

For you guys running foam tires, do you find that you wear down the fronts more quickly than the rears? I'm blazing through front tires these days, especially now that I've got a little more confidence to drive the car harder into and through the turns. Any general advice on what you guys do to your foam tires to make them last as long as possible? Mine don't chunk, they just shrink. I'm running Jeff Cuffs' IIC setup.
Old 05-11-2006, 02:41 AM
Tech Lord

Do you guys find yourselves selling a lot of the new bulkheads internationally? Looks like German driver Marc Fischer is using one. Or, maybe Corally has one of their own now?

http://www.lrp-hpi-challenge.de/eppe...C_2843_600.jpg
Old 05-11-2006, 06:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Just an FYI for anyone sportin a Corally at the Paved Nationals, 2 degree rear hubs w/standard hexes w/the handout tire will not pass tech, the rear tires do not "roll freely" in and out of the tech box, fronts with 1 degree toe out, standard hexes, handout tires are ok. I put HPI hexes with no extra spacers on the back and that brought it in enough to work.
Old 05-11-2006, 07:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
For you guys running foam tires, do you find that you wear down the fronts more quickly than the rears? I'm blazing through front tires these days, especially now that I've got a little more confidence to drive the car harder into and through the turns. Any general advice on what you guys do to your foam tires to make them last as long as possible? Mine don't chunk, they just shrink. I'm running Jeff Cuffs' IIC setup.
Thats just something the RDX does. Since the front of this car is heavier than most cars, the tires tend to wear faster than the rear.

-Korey
Old 05-11-2006, 09:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

syn,

Gotta ask...What tire size are you starting with?

My JRX-S did the same thing with tire wear as does my RDX foam car. For me, that has been the norm.

One thing to consider, is to initially cut your front foams about .1-.2mm larger than the rears. It gives you a bit more of the fronts to work with. I especially like the feeling of the minor overdrive condition it creates...even with two diffs on my RDX.

Bill
Old 05-11-2006, 11:21 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by JRX-S Bill
syn,

Gotta ask...What tire size are you starting with?

My JRX-S did the same thing with tire wear as does my RDX foam car. For me, that has been the norm.

One thing to consider, is to initially cut your front foams about .1-.2mm larger than the rears. It gives you a bit more of the fronts to work with. I especially like the feeling of the minor overdrive condition it creates...even with two diffs on my RDX.

Bill
I'm using Parmas (cyan/magenta) and cutting them down to 58mm. I still get a decent number of runs from the tires, but if they lasted anywhere as long as the rears, I'd be a happy guy. I'm running a 4300 brushless in the car, which has got surreal amounts of torque. No matter where I'm at in a turn or on the throttle, if I pull the trigger even a little more, the car launches forward so noticeably that people start whispering and making snide remarks about me, my family, and everybody I know. I'm wondering if that's putting more wear on my tires in the front. I can smooth it out a bit by gearing up, but it's still punchy.

I wonder how terrible the car would handle if I started using all my rear tires that have plenty of life left in them all the way around the car for practice only. :-D
Old 05-11-2006, 11:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I wonder how terrible the car would handle if I started using all my rear tires that have plenty of life left in them all the way around the car for practice only. :-D

Pretty darn terrible!! Maybe even flip out of the track-especially after they heat up and get covered in sauce from the track.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:35 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by rayhuang
Pretty darn terrible!! Maybe even flip out of the track-especially after they heat up and get covered in sauce from the track.
Dang, maybe it'll explode into flames too! Okay, scratch that idea. :-D
Old 05-11-2006, 01:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Tire wear is my only complaint with the car. I loose .5 mm on the front with each run. I guess a small price to pay with the way the car handles Doesn't seem to matter is I run 19 turn or 8 turn mod, it's about the same amount of wear.

take care
john
Old 05-11-2006, 02:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JohnB
Tire wear is my only complaint with the car. I loose .5 mm on the front with each run. I guess a small price to pay with the way the car handles Doesn't seem to matter is I run 19 turn or 8 turn mod, it's about the same amount of wear.

take care
john
That's an abrasive track...

For that much loss, I would attempt to start with .3-.4mm bigger on the fronts. I don't like the handling with smaller fronts than rears (underdrive).
And when you get down to that last minute of the run, they should be pretty close.
Old 05-11-2006, 02:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yes it is pretty bad. It's not Ozite, it's a black carpet, but has a LOT more traction than Ozite. Luckily I can run them all way down to below 55mm before the fronts start loosing to much traction. I've been running Parma. Got a couple sets of Jaco the wear is the same.
I might try starting out with the fronts a little bigger. I start at 58mm now. All the new ones I have now are already cut so the next batch I'll try it.

take care
john
Old 05-11-2006, 03:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teamtamale
Just a quick note to you Corally guys. Here is a pic of the lastest shock tower braces. The ones pictured in McGoo's post were the original prototypes. These had holes drilled in them and required a nut on one side to secure the upper camber link mount. In the new version, the holes are threaded 3mm eliminating the need for this nut. You can check them out at http://www.teamtamale.com.
These look absolutely AWESOME!!!! I just ordered a set!
Old 05-11-2006, 05:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by HarshGuy
Just an FYI for anyone sportin a Corally at the Paved Nationals, 2 degree rear hubs w/standard hexes w/the handout tire will not pass tech, the rear tires do not "roll freely" in and out of the tech box, fronts with 1 degree toe out, standard hexes, handout tires are ok. I put HPI hexes with no extra spacers on the back and that brought it in enough to work.
Which is why everyone puts narrow hexes on the rear of the RDX.

Jeff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.