Search

Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 08:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Advil
Harsh,

Just reduce your EPA until your tires do not hit. Have you gotten the "Long" rear brackets yet? Do you have the black spring kit? If so, we can work on some stuff this weekend.
Are you gonna be out there Sunday? ...I can't make it tomorrow, Jacob's birthday and I couldn't talk him into having the party out at the track
Old 03-03-2006, 08:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarshGuy
I don't have the "new extra long one" ...yea I got both spring kits (2 sets of, one for each car) ...reduce my EPA, then I won't be able to make 5" circles
You don't need that much steering Harsh. You're not driving an X-Ray! They put that much in to get their car to steer when their chassis twists up like a pretzel. (That was a *JOKE* for all of you X-Ray "humor challenged" folks.) LMAO!

P.S. Rumor has it that you have never had an "Extra Long One" but I asked dal to stop telling me these things about you!
Old 03-03-2006, 08:35 AM
Tech Master

Are you gonna be out there Sunday? ...I can't make it tomorrow, Jacob's birthday and I couldn't talk him into having the party out at the track
Yes, I will be there Sunday also. The long brackets help keep the car flat in the corner. It helps with corner speed.
Old 03-03-2006, 09:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

What's the part number for the "extra long extensions" I can't find them on the parts list online for the Corally RDX ...are they available to the "masses"? ..oh and Advil, I don't have the problem you are eluding to, if you don't beleive me just ask ...never mind
Old 03-03-2006, 09:17 AM
Tech Master

What's the part number for the "extra long extensions" I can't find them on the parts list online for the Corally RDX ...are they available to the "masses"? ..oh and Advil, I don't have the problem you are eluding to, if you don't beleive me just ask ...never mind
Please don't go all "Brokeback" on me....OK?

The part is a "Specialized RC" part, not a Corally part. The part number is SRC79248. You can order direct or see if Billy can get it for you.
Old 03-03-2006, 09:37 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Brian McGreevy
Woody, roll center is a function of roll stiffness. The lower the roll center, the lower the roll stiffness. This basically means that with a lower roll center, the car will have more roll, but the key is, it will roll slower and smoother. This is the main reason why it is used on carpet/foam because the car will stay more composed in the corner and carry more speed when the car isn't laterally jerked into the corner like a high roll center would produce. You do get more traction because of the increased magnitude of the roll, but it doesn't scrub speed because of the nature of the roll. If you have any more questions I can explain it in even deeper vehicle dynamics terms, but I think that covered it.

One other thing about roll centers: A high roll center will roll less, but quicker. This is understood. However, soon after the car reaches it's max roll point, it overloads the tire and creates less traction. You can test this by running a more angled (lower holes for camber link on tower) camber link versus a parallel one in the front. The angled link will turn-in harder, but will not have as much steering in the middle and exit of the corner. The parallel link is the opposite.
Thanks Brian, I think I understand a little more. I also didn't realize raises the roll center in the front(Angled link) would give me more intial turn in. I will have to try that, as I'm having problems in that area and I'm running parallel currently in the front.

Woody
Old 03-03-2006, 10:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Just keep in mind that it will take away some exit steering.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:05 AM
Tech Master

So I'm looking at some of the Nocak race setups and on the front arms lower shock mount is all the way to the outside, problem is my tires rub the shock perch and spring if I set my shocks this way, I have to run mine in the middle or inner hole, can I merely move the top shock mount in 1 or 2 to get the same "effect" (or close to it), or am I all messed up and have to shave the inside of my foams? ...does anyone else have this problem? Also I only have the standard extension chingaderas for the rear, so I would go up 1 spring from the setups right?
I have the same problem I bet everyone else does as well. I just turned my steering down the car had plenty of steering. Wed I moved my shock to the middle hole and that setup was really good.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:17 AM
Tech Rookie

Are the long brackets just for carpet/ foam, or should I get them for my asphalt/ rubber setup?
Old 03-03-2006, 10:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I would probably stick with the std extensions for asphalt. It just generates more rear traction and is a little easier to drive in my opinion.

-Korey
Old 03-03-2006, 12:03 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hey Jeff Dayger, what kind of oil are you using in your shocks? I think Cuffs said he uses Trinity.
Old 03-03-2006, 12:32 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Hey Jeff Dayger, what kind of oil are you using in your shocks? I think Cuffs said he uses Trinity.
Losi.
Old 03-03-2006, 12:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by G Ace
Losi.

Yup he got it.
Old 03-03-2006, 01:05 PM
Tech Master

So I'm looking at some of the Nocak race setups and on the front arms lower shock mount is all the way to the outside, problem is my tires rub the shock perch and spring if I set my shocks this way, I have to run mine in the middle or inner hole, can I merely move the top shock mount in 1 or 2 to get the same "effect" (or close to it), or am I all messed up and have to shave the inside of my foams? ...does anyone else have this problem? Also I only have the standard extension chingaderas for the rear, so I would go up 1 spring from the setups right?
I ran my front shocks in the middle on the arm, and third hole in on the tower at the Birds. I just went up 10wt on oil and to 36lb springs in the front. You just have to make up for the softer feel of moving the shocks inward.

I also shaved off any foam that was hanging over the inside of the wheels. I did this front and rear and perhaps even grind the wheel in another 1mm. You won't feel it but it helps with the clearance for sure.

Jeff
Old 03-03-2006, 02:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeff Brown
I did this front and rear and perhaps even grind the wheel in another 1mm.
Jeff
I think RDXBill has a wheel (or 30) like that..

-James

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.