Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 06:10 PM
Tech Elite

Where are the RDX X-Long Shock Extensions used and mounted ?
Old 03-01-2006, 06:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

On the rear arms in place of the stock aluminum extensions.
Old 03-01-2006, 08:31 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Sushi Boy
Hey woody,

So what are you setting your belt tension at? I still have the original belt on my car... and it's over a year old. I habe my layshaft all the way up... but no additional tensioner.

-Korey
I have tried with the layshaft all the way up with the belt tensioner on and off. Actually taking the belt tensioner off seemed to help some.
Right now I have the layshaft about the middle to see if that helps making it a littler looser, since tighter seemed to make it worse. I really think the only time its happing is when my batteries move around and push into the belt, they jam in there sometimes so bad, that the belt actually touches the pinion!

Woody
Old 03-01-2006, 08:36 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by EricO3
I've never had my belt flip over. I run with layshaft 3/4 up and no tensioner. Everytime it flips, do your batteries always hit it? Are you sure the your differentials are put in you bulkhead correctly (They're off set and the front one has to have the long side to the passenger side, and the rear have the long side to the driver side.)

-Eric
yeah I thought that might be it too Eric, but the pulleys will only line up straight with the layshaft only one way, but just to make sure I just went and checked and they are correct.

Woody
Old 03-01-2006, 08:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hmm weird.... What battery bars are you using?

-Korey
Old 03-01-2006, 11:10 PM
Tech Master

Korey thanks for the tips on the C027 both of my motors where fast. I didn't have my drill bit so I put a vertical slot in the motor instead. I ran my rubber and foam car tonight and both where fast. I was using your setup from the NWICS race but couldn't get the car to turn in the infield, at first I thought I was being out motored but on the straight away I was just as fast. Then I remembered you are using a different chassis so I made a few changes and the car was awesome I ended up turning 33 laps in foam stock and 31 laps in rubber stock.

Driving the Corally has truely made racing electric sedan enjoyable. I can no longer say running nitro is a lot more fun.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:41 AM
Tech Regular

Hmm weird.... What battery bars are you using?

-Korey
Honestly I don't know, all my batteries have been hand me downs, bought used. So its a mix match depending on the battery.

Woody
Old 03-02-2006, 09:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Number 11
Korey thanks for the tips on the C027 both of my motors where fast. I didn't have my drill bit so I put a vertical slot in the motor instead. I ran my rubber and foam car tonight and both where fast. I was using your setup from the NWICS race but couldn't get the car to turn in the infield, at first I thought I was being out motored but on the straight away I was just as fast. Then I remembered you are using a different chassis so I made a few changes and the car was awesome I ended up turning 33 laps in foam stock and 31 laps in rubber stock.

Driving the Corally has truely made racing electric sedan enjoyable. I can no longer say running nitro is a lot more fun.
Try running Tamiya 3 hole pistons in the shocks. You'll have to put a few motor shim under the piston to take up some of the slack. They are thinner.. but have the same outder dia. They just seem to work better on our track at the moment. I also have been running 30 lb front springs with the shocks layed down one more hole on the tower. This helps the car steer a lot better in the middle and exit of the corner. I also went back down to 4 degrees of caster, this helps produce the additional low speed steering and turn in we need on the new track layout. It keeps the body roll down a touch too.

-Korey
Old 03-02-2006, 11:33 AM
Tech Master

Try running Tamiya 3 hole pistons in the shocks. You'll have to put a few motor shim under the piston to take up some of the slack. They are thinner.. but have the same outder dia. They just seem to work better on our track at the moment. I also have been running 30 lb front springs with the shocks layed down one more hole on the tower. This helps the car steer a lot better in the middle and exit of the corner. I also went back down to 4 degrees of caster, this helps produce the additional low speed steering and turn in we need on the new track layout. It keeps the body roll down a touch too.

-Korey
Could you please post your rubber stock set-up ??

Everyone seems to post that the Tamiya pistons are better but can ANYONE tell me why please ?? I really want to know why they should be "BETTER"
Old 03-02-2006, 12:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Merciless

Everyone seems to post that the Tamiya pistons are better but can ANYONE tell me why please ?? I really want to know why they should be "BETTER"
The Tamiya 3 hole pistons are smaller diameter. They are the same surface area as the Corally 1.3mm pistons but with 3 small holes. The smaller holes create more "pack" on initial weight transfer and help the car respond quicker.

It is not that they are "better", it is just different.

Jeff
Old 03-02-2006, 12:17 PM
Tech Regular

hey jeff do you when the snowbird set-up from all the rdx factory driver will be on the corallyusa site??

Thx

Later!
Old 03-02-2006, 01:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Merciless

Now this is for carpet. But if you look on the Corally website you will see Korey Harbke Carpet Rubber Tire RAINCITY R/C RACEWAY LYNWOOD, WA. I am running a similar setup with these changes.

Shock Oil FT and Rear 30 wt
Springs FT 22lb Rear 19lb
Shims under Couplers: 1 I am going to try 2 next time I race but the car is good already
Shock mount position: Top 2nd hole in FT and Rear
Camber Link position: bottom 2nd hole FT and Rear
Toe Out FT 0 deg

That is it everything else is the same tires, inserts and everything else on the sheet. With the setup I have been running the car is easy to drive and fast I can put it anywhere on the track. It is almost like a little man is in the car driving it because at times I can't believe it is me. Such a vast difference from the other car I drove.
Old 03-02-2006, 01:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

T1Raycer,

I am 99.9% sure that the setups the team guys ran at Snowbirds are identical or very, very close to the setups we ran at the Novak race. The car just works great everywhere we take it.
Old 03-02-2006, 02:17 PM
Tech Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by Brian McGreevy
T1Raycer,
The car just works great everywhere we take it.
hehe nice!! i know this car is awsome hehe!!

ill take a look at the setup from Novak!!

Thx Brian

Later
Old 03-02-2006, 04:21 PM
Tech Master

Thanks guys,

So with the tamiya pistons the shock "LOCKS UP" faster . Yes this would make the car more responsive I know alittle more now about why the guys are running them cheers

"Shims under Couplers: 1 I am going to try 2 next time I race but the car is good already" could you explian more on this i don't really understand what you mean or should i say where the shims go

Thanks for the set-up pointers also

Rod

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.