Wiki Posts
Search

Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 02:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JamesArluck
I think RDXBill has a wheel (or 30) like that..

-James
NIIICEEE!!!! ...hey we never saw the pic of him gluing the 4 mm he sliced off back on them
Old 03-03-2006, 02:26 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Clearly the RDX is capable of competing at all levels in its current form. So, please don't take this is as criticism, it's simply a wish list of things I'd like to see. Feel free to chime in with your own ideas. Corally seems to listen to the feedback they get from racers at all levels, which is totally cool.

Wish List
1. Stronger arms (in progress)
2. Shortened shock shafts for use with lowered front tower
3. New bulkheads with "easy access" to the diffs and layshaft. This is the only thing about the T2 I truly envy. (Convenience only)
4. Longer kingpin screws for the front steering blocks.
5. Color coded springs (I know, that's a lame one)
6. Some method of protecting the diff pulley from rear impacts. The retaining rings shatter nicely when hit just right.
7. A bulkhead to move the motor closer to the center of the car. Possibly combined with #3.

Anti-Wish List
1. Any kind of "multi-flex" stuff that's heralded as the One True Thing(tm). (Unless it's marketed as "multi-tweak" and clearly intended as a joke.)
Old 03-03-2006, 02:38 PM
Tech Regular

Post bulkhead

there is currently a new rear bulkhead available that moves the motor in closer to center but requires the chassis to be milled out. Perhaps Jeff Brown can update on chassis that are already milled.

Jim
Old 03-03-2006, 02:45 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

The Corally International website is indicating that the new arms are now available, as well as the other hopups recently announced. Hopefully they're on their way, huh? :-)

"All new RDX wishbones are now available in addition to the existing range of wishbones."
Old 03-03-2006, 02:53 PM
Tech Addict

Hey Jeff,
Is there any possibility that any of these newfangled gizmos (beefy arms, xlong extenders, ect) will be brought to the nats and available for purchase?
Old 03-03-2006, 02:57 PM
Tech Regular

Default Parts

Originally Posted by syndr0me
The Corally International website is indicating that the new arms are now available, as well as the other hopups recently announced. Hopefully they're on their way, huh? :-)

"All new RDX wishbones are now available in addition to the existing range of wishbones."
Syn...i have been talking to Jeff Brown and he has assured me that as soon as the parts are in the country and available he will let everyone know
Old 03-03-2006, 03:22 PM
Tech Master

Cool

Clearly the RDX is capable of competing at all levels in its current form. So, please don't take this is as criticism, it's simply a wish list of things I'd like to see. Feel free to chime in with your own ideas. Corally seems to listen to the feedback they get from racers at all levels, which is totally cool.

Wish List
3. New bulkheads with "easy access" to the diffs and layshaft. This is the only thing about the T2 I truly envy. (Convenience only)
6. Some method of protecting the diff pulley from rear impacts. The retaining rings shatter nicely when hit just right.
7. A bulkhead to move the motor closer to the center of the car. Possibly combined with #3.

Anti-Wish List
1. Any kind of "multi-flex" stuff that's heralded as the One True Thing(tm). (Unless it's marketed as "multi-tweak" and clearly intended as a joke.)
Very good If they were to produce the "easy access" bulkheads they'd make a mint we'd ALL need to have them, you just know it !!

If there RD department were to pick this up they could cancel this yrs work it's all on there i'd be SO happy with that little lot
Old 03-03-2006, 06:53 PM
Tech Master

Regarding the new bulkhead that moves the motor in closer to the center line of the chassas....does anyone know if it is made out of the same duraluminum are the rest of the stock aluminum components or is it normal aluminum? Not sure if there is even a difference between stock Corally Aluminum parts and regular aluminum other than the color.

Is it the same shade of grey as the rest of the stock components?
Old 03-04-2006, 02:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Wish List

Anti-Wish List
Heres one for the wishlist, a way to adjust lower arm positions on the bulkheads & also rear toe without major car disassembly. If this were addressed, the car would be truly perfect.
Old 03-04-2006, 04:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Wish List

Anti-Wish List
sealed diffs and #3 why envy x-ray borrowed that from Yok, HPI or TRF

Last edited by dawgmeat; 03-04-2006 at 06:42 AM.
Old 03-04-2006, 06:36 AM
Tech Regular

Default bulkhead

Originally Posted by koabich
Regarding the new bulkhead that moves the motor in closer to the center line of the chassas....does anyone know if it is made out of the same duraluminum are the rest of the stock aluminum components or is it normal aluminum? Not sure if there is even a difference between stock Corally Aluminum parts and regular aluminum other than the color.

Is it the same shade of grey as the rest of the stock components?
To my knowledge it is of the same material as the present material Corally uses now for the rear bulkhead. but requires the chassis to be milled to make it fit properly
Old 03-04-2006, 06:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Atomix
Heres one for the wishlist, a way to adjust lower arm positions on the bulkheads & also rear toe without major car disassembly. If this were addressed, the car would be truly perfect.

than can be done already. i used hex screws on the roll blocks, and a ball driver can reach them that way...
Old 03-04-2006, 07:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Turbonium
than can be done already. i used hex screws on the roll blocks, and a ball driver can reach them that way...
Good one Turbonium!
Old 03-04-2006, 08:37 AM
Tech Regular

and the hudy screw drive is very long so you can reach easily roll block and access to toe in whitout disassembly all the rear of the car!!

Later!!
Old 03-04-2006, 05:39 PM
Tech Elite

ok, how much do i need to take off the shock shaft to run the lowered tower??

I tried the associated spirng retainers, no good...

Running the stock tower at the moment.

Also, I have ordered some tamiya pistons, but could i just make my own from the stock corally piston? What is the hole dia that I would need.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.