Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

So whats the deal with this?
Attached Thumbnails Team Corally RDX Touring Car-rdx1.jpg  
Old 08-18-2005, 04:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by danjoy25
So whats the deal with this?
According to www.tq-racing.com, this car was used a few days ago by Corally's new top driver (Niels) from Holland. He tested a new upper deck and rear bulk head. The two parts featured new symmetrical design (left /right part). you can check the link to the picture in the website showing the difference between the new & older parts
Old 08-18-2005, 04:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

So I should wait till we are closer to the carpet season to but the car?
Old 08-18-2005, 04:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Makes sense, shorter top deck probably yield less flex. However, I'm not sure about the "modified" left bulkhead on the right side with the what looks to be the support cut. But then the idea is obviously still in prototype stage.

Dom
Old 08-18-2005, 05:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by raffaelli
So I should wait till we are closer to the carpet season to but the car?
If you are waiting for whatever that picture is then you'll be waiting a while. It is pretty easy to do that yourself to a car kit but we have not heard anything about that.

Jeff
Old 08-19-2005, 06:08 AM
Tech Master

When racing on carpet how much does the ultra low roll center mounts free the car up compared to the stock mounts in the full low position?
Old 08-19-2005, 08:39 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by litespeed-dom
Makes sense, shorter top deck probably yield less flex. However, I'm not sure about the "modified" left bulkhead on the right side with the what looks to be the support cut. But then the idea is obviously still in prototype stage.

Dom
The reason that the right (modified) bulkhead is round and doesn't have any support, is because it should act like an absorber in big crashes or large stress moments. That's why it's round, not straight, so it can bent (and bent back in it's orginal shape).
The RDX is a stiff car, and when you have a big crash it will be tweaked or maybe even broken at some point. With this design your car can hanlde the stress moments better. It's exactly like Hot Bodies did with there Cyclone.
Old 08-19-2005, 08:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

actually, I think more than anything it's because if you don't cut the front support, you can't clear the batteries, for testing sake, they probably don't want to spend the money to completely design and manufacture a brand new bulkhead. Like Jeff said, it's a pretty to do DIY, but then the motor bulkhead isn't necessary cheap.

Dom
Old 08-19-2005, 10:04 AM
Tech Adept

The chassis is little bit different to and there is a new upperdeck and you have to tape your batteries like the xray's and tamiya's. The shocktowers are different to. www.rctouring.nl is my website
Old 08-19-2005, 10:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Two questions!!

#1 SXT on rubber tires and carpet?? Anyone tested it? I am trying to get a rubber tire class at the Gate started. I am not too big on mixing in TQ products on our mostly Paragon infused carpet. I used Jack the Gripper with good results at the TCS race on Ozite-but it didnt seem to soak in that well if that makes sense.

#2 How does the Parma Alfa do on rubber tires on carpet? Which body did Rob run at the Novak this year?

THANKS,
Ray
Old 08-19-2005, 10:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

hey Ray... at the Novak on rubber tires, he was running a Mazda6 i think...

i typically run either the Stratus 2.0 or the 3.0 All-Purpose. lately.... rubber tires.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Turbonium
hey Ray... at the Novak on rubber tires, he was running a Mazda6 i think...

i typically run either the Stratus 2.0 or the 3.0 All-Purpose. lately.... rubber tires.

Thanks. I take it you need more turn in with rubber tires-but less on-power steering?
Old 08-19-2005, 10:35 AM
Tech Adept

prototype parts... if it will be in production I dont know....

Last edited by Geforcy; 08-19-2005 at 11:19 AM.
Old 08-19-2005, 11:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rayhuang
Two questions!!

#1 SXT on rubber tires and carpet?? Anyone tested it? I am trying to get a rubber tire class at the Gate started. I am not too big on mixing in TQ products on our mostly Paragon infused carpet. I used Jack the Gripper with good results at the TCS race on Ozite-but it didnt seem to soak in that well if that makes sense.

#2 How does the Parma Alfa do on rubber tires on carpet? Which body did Rob run at the Novak this year?

THANKS,
Ray
#1) I'll be trying that this weekend. I'll let everyone know how it works out. Paragon anf TQ purple are the compounds that I normally start with. I also clean my tires with WD-40, and let the residue air dry, then apply traction compound 5-8 min before.

#2) Parma alfa doesnt have enough overall downforce for rubber tires IMO. The standard seems to be the mazda 6. If you want something with a bit more steering and a bit freer mid-exit, try the Yokomo Stratus Type E. I know Andrew Cartwright uses the Ride TSX on his 415 here, so that might be something to try as well.

-Korey
Old 08-19-2005, 11:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default Shock Pistons

I am building my new kit and the shock pistons are different. I have 3 with 2 1.3 holes and 1 with 2 .09 holes. Does anyone know if a different piston will work in the shocks. IE. Losi, HPI.... I really want to run it this weekend. Oh, my hobby shops do not have 1.3mm drill bits. Please help.

Thanks,
Tim

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.