Hobbywing

Old 10-10-2010, 07:48 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Hobbywing

Hi guys can u help?? Is the hobbywing xtreame stock as good or better than the speed passion gt2.1, if anyone runs one are the good??
Old 10-10-2010, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ammoxxxs
Hi guys can u help?? Is the hobbywing xtreame stock as good or better than the speed passion gt2.1, if anyone runs one are the good??
the xtreme stock is small in size ,cpu made in the usa,new more reliable mosfets,specifically designed for super stock racing with turbo timing function and rated at 60 amp .Cant tell you much about the sp gt2.1 but that its bigger in size and 120amp 100% the same as the 120 2.1 HW
Old 12-13-2010, 12:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Hobbywing Xtreme Stock 60A

Hi,

I've got a strange problem with my Hobbywing Xtreme Stock 60A!
I did an esc update from version V2.0_100422Stock to V2.0_100518Stock.
When I was driving on the circuit I hit a curbstone (not a big crash or something) and the car just died, no steering and throttle... So I decided to change the software back to the 422Stock, but after that the green led light beeps for 2 times continiously. This means that it has an abnormal input voltage, to high or to low. Is it possible the PC software, the program box software and the esc software aren't working all together propperly?
I also have to say that I drive with a 1/12 scale car with a booster (or a reciever LiFe 6,6V battery 2s). And I'm starting to wonder if I had a different kind of esc software version before the 422 and 518stock versions.
I was just starting to like the esc but all the problems started after a simple upgrade...
I tried to connect a 7.4V 2s LiPo battery to the esc and it stoped beeping and I had acces to the program! But it refuses to work with the 422 version! And if I upgrade it to the 518 version I know that the car is going to stop on the circuit after a small touch or bump against the sidewall of the circuit!
What could couse it to stall???

Last edited by BenVtec; 12-13-2010 at 01:07 PM. Reason: I had more info!!!
Old 12-13-2010, 02:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BenVtec
Hi,

When I was driving on the circuit I hit a curbstone (not a big crash or something) and the car just died, no steering and throttle... So I decided to change the software back to the 422Stock, but after that the green led light beeps for 2 times continiously. This means that it has an abnormal input voltage, to high or to low. Is it possible the PC software, the program box software and the esc software aren't working all together propperly?
I also have to say that I drive with a 1/12 scale car with a booster (or a reciever LiFe 6,6V battery 2s). And I'm starting to wonder if I had a different kind of esc software version before the 422 and 518stock versions.
I was just starting to like the esc but all the problems started after a simple upgrade...
I tried to connect a 7.4V 2s LiPo battery to the esc and it stoped beeping and I had acces to the program! But it refuses to work with the 422 version! And if I upgrade it to the 518 version I know that the car is going to stop on the circuit after a small touch or bump against the sidewall of the circuit!
Have you checked the voltage output of your booster?

Try re-updating the software on the box, then double upload of the 422 software to the ESC. When doing this always use a 2S battery to power the ESC.

Shawn.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:04 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Shawn68z
Have you checked the voltage output of your booster?

Try re-updating the software on the box, then double upload of the 422 software to the ESC. When doing this always use a 2S battery to power the ESC.

Shawn.
It just revius to work with the version 422. I did an update for the box but it's no good! But thanks for your help!

BenV
Old 12-15-2010, 06:50 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

I also have to say that I drive with a 1/12 scale car with a booster (or a reciever LiFe 6,6V battery 2s).
So you run 1s 3.7V Lipo.

I've been told that version 422 can not work with 1S lipo of 3.7V.
Just put version 518 in, but do this 2 times!
Old 12-15-2010, 08:10 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by M7H
So you run 1s 3.7V Lipo.

I've been told that version 422 can not work with 1S lipo of 3.7V.
Just put version 518 in, but do this 2 times!
Also that doesn't work... It just stall after hitting a small thing on the track (not a hard hit against someting).
I wonder wich version I had on my esc before the update!
Old 12-15-2010, 03:57 PM
M7H
Tech Elite

Also that doesn't work... It just stall after hitting a small thing on the track (not a hard hit against someting).
I wonder wich version I had on my esc before the update!
Fun to find out, we actually know each other!

For anybody interested, the problem is solved, he had a faulty receiver....
Old 12-15-2010, 06:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M7H
Fun to find out, we actually know each other!

For anybody interested, the problem is solved, he had a faulty receiver....
Glad to hear it got figured out.
Old 12-16-2010, 02:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Shawn68z
Glad to hear it got figured out.
Yes indeed! Sometimes it's frustrating if you can't find out what it is, but "my people" :-) from the MACH helped me out! P.S. Also the people ofcourse on rc-tech, thanks!

Gr. BenV
Old 12-16-2010, 06:09 PM
Tech Elite

Hi,

518 software is designed to run with 1S as the new 120 amp 1S can run with the 518 software .
The xtreme stock wasnt designed to run 1S and using extrenal booster is a no no as it doesnt interface with hobbywings software so the signals are mixed and confused .so thats the reason your getting low voltage signal a it doesnt detect the voltage through the booster

By you hitting a bump and all this happening i suggest you have a good look at your reciever and the wiring to your reciever there might be something loose somewhere .

but to be honest with you the esc is not made to run with 1S no matter what booster you use .

please email me at [email protected] so i can help you further .
Old 12-17-2010, 03:04 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
I suggest you have a good look at your reciever and the wiring to your reciever there might be something loose somewhere .
Always easy to give an answer to a question, if the solution is already given a few posts back.
Old 12-17-2010, 03:18 PM
Tech Regular

It seams to me that Ben didn`t have a problem with the extreme stock speedo wich was doing real great with 1s lipo. Speed and punch at the same time. Its a shame people are told to buy the more expensive 120 1s when they can get the same with the extreme by using a booster.
Only thing is do you leave the switch on. And is the 518 software providing an 1s cutt off voltage to guard the lipo voltage drop?

Greetz JW
Old 01-18-2011, 05:02 AM
Tech Regular

just got this ecs ,is there a specific thread for this xtreme stock esc?
thanx
Old 01-18-2011, 07:21 AM
Tech Regular

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...-software.html