Wiki Posts
Search

RCAmerica/Xray,Hudy

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 07:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarryLeach
I also use scales as a double-check to my tweak station and on-track feel.

Your left/right split is a little higher than I like to use, which will make your tweak station indicate the way it is, even with equal ride-height. I try to keep the left/right percentage closer to .2% difference.

Do you have any room to move your ESC further left? Where's your transponder mounted?

When using scales, my setup order is:

Hudy Balance tool
Ride height/droop [once I have droop set with the ride height I want, I use downstop readings to simplify things a little]
Setup station [camber/toe]
Tweak
Ride height
Setup station
Tweak
Ride height
Scales - If I don't like my numbers here, I'll reposition components or ballast, and start over. I don't use scales at the track, only setup station and tweak station.

On a more selfish note, any idea when we might see the T3'11 stateside? I've been checking US-based online shops for pricing and the ability to pre-order, but nothing yet.
Thanks for the info. Im gonna move some stuff around and see what I can come up with. Your method seems solid..
Old 10-07-2010, 07:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by slashman4x4
Thanks for the info. Im gonna move some stuff around and see what I can come up with. Your method seems solid..
No problem, good luck. If you do make spring preload adjustments while the car is on the scales, go in very small amounts, like no more than 1/2 turn. The idea is to get where you want the weights to be, without changing the fundamental setup items.

Also you'll notice that a tweak station normally shows cross-weight, whereas your case shows too much right side weight. If you get that balanced out, the car should be more predictable and even [by just a small amount] over the balancing pins and tweak station readings alone.
Old 10-07-2010, 08:43 PM
Tech Master

Harry

Thank you for that info, this is why I started this thread to get helpful and useful info out to the racers. Racers helping racers.

You methond of checking things is spot on.

Also guys I am hearing that the T3'11 will be coming soon. Around 2 weeks.

Thanks Drew
Old 10-07-2010, 08:52 PM
Tech Master

Thanks Drew.

I've been racing things of all sorts since I was 8 years old [which makes 2 decades now... dang...], and I put a lot of thought into setup and making sensible changes. That means I've sometimes been accused of over-thinking things

Good news on the T3'11 arrival, I have 2 more weeks left here in Norway, so I might be able to arrive around the same time as [or shortly before] my kit.

Last edited by HarryLeach; 10-07-2010 at 09:12 PM.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Release date?

Any word yet?
Old 10-08-2010, 06:52 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

www.Nexusracing.com has them for pre-order $495
Old 10-08-2010, 07:26 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by Drew Ellis
Also guys I am hearing that the T3'11 will be coming soon. Around 2 weeks.
Originally Posted by RCknight
Any word yet?
Reading comprehension not your thing, huh?
Old 10-08-2010, 07:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarbonJoe
Classic
Old 10-08-2010, 09:20 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

What is the difference between the roll center mounts in the t3r vs the t3 L ones? and does rotating the t3r ones do anything?
Old 10-08-2010, 04:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

No problem, good luck. If you do make spring preload adjustments while the car is on the scales, go in very small amounts, like no more than 1/2 turn. The idea is to get where you want the weights to be, without changing the fundamental setup items.

Also you'll notice that a tweak station normally shows cross-weight, whereas your case shows too much right side weight. If you get that balanced out, the car should be more predictable and even [by just a small amount] over the balancing pins and tweak station readings alone.
I moved my elecs around last night and and ran all of my weight down the middle and was able to get it balanced/tweaked w/o any weights anywhere else. Ran it today and was really impressed, all I had to do was slightly adjust the rear diff as traction came up. Thanks for all the advice to all that helped the T3 is a pleasure to drive..
Old 10-08-2010, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarbonJoe
I didn't see his post, but thanks for pointing that out. Good job.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by slashman4x4
I moved my elecs around last night and and ran all of my weight down the middle and was able to get it balanced/tweaked w/o any weights anywhere else. Ran it today and was really impressed, all I had to do was slightly adjust the rear diff as traction came up. Thanks for all the advice to all that helped the T3 is a pleasure to drive..
Good deal, glad I was able to help in some way.

Out of curiosity, what did your percentages end up at, and how much total ballast did you need, along with a run down of your electronics package?

I'm changing over from my FK'05 that needed a LOT of ballast added to get a good L/R balance to the T3'11, when I can get my hands one one. The FK doesn't have much room to reposition anything, currently using a JR DS8717 servo, RS Pro, DSM2 spektrum RX [not the micro], and a Redline 17.5, so a little info should help me save a little time.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:55 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Out of curiosity, what did your percentages end up at, and how much total ballast did you need, along with a run down of your electronics package?

I'm changing over from my FK'05 that needed a LOT of ballast added to get a good L/R balance to the T3'11, when I can get my hands one one. The FK doesn't have much room to reposition anything, currently using a JR DS8717 servo, RS Pro, DSM2 spektrum RX [not the micro], and a Redline 17.5, so a little info should help me save a little time.
Harry,
Just slap that stuff on there and get on the rug. Havent seen you but twice all summer. I feel for you being out of country all the time, and me getting to race every weekend. Sometimes even twice a weekend Just messn with ya. Have a safe trip back, and for the record. TOP car is where its at
Old 10-08-2010, 07:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by KingKarate757
Harry,
Just slap that stuff on there and get on the rug. Havent seen you but twice all summer. I feel for you being out of country all the time, and me getting to race every weekend. Sometimes even twice a weekend Just messn with ya. Have a safe trip back, and for the record. TOP car is where its at
Lol, like the setup you had on your first TC, that I corrected for you? I distinctly remember telling you "we're not monster truck racin' here"

I considered TOP, briefly, but I guess I'm just an XRay guy at heart, for TC anyways. I really don't have any brand loyalty, the T3'11 just seems like the closest thing to how I would build my own car from scratch. And you know me, price is just a number.

My schedule should be a *little* more predictable this winter, so I plan on being on the rug 3-4 days a week

See you boys in about 2 weeks.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Im running a Futaba s9550 servo with my MRT transponder mounted on its side on to the back of the servo(flush with chassis edge). Im also runnng the RSPro and a standard size RX(spektrum sr300). The elecs were mounted even with the side of the chassis, battery was about 1-2mm inboard from the edge.

I added right around 2.75oz(77.96g) down the middle, under the belt. I moved it around and weighed it until I got the best balance but it was all basically mid chassis. I forgot in the last post but I did add a 1/4oz weight on the side of the servo and another on the back of the servo next to the transponder.

My ratios were:
LF 26.1% RF 23.8%

RR 23.8% RR 26.3%

F/R - 49.9%/50.1%
L/R- 49.9%/50.1%

Total weight is 52.92oz(1500.257g)
Attached Thumbnails RCAmerica/Xray,Hudy-dscn2047.jpg   RCAmerica/Xray,Hudy-dscn2048.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.