Tech Master

Originally Posted by slashman4x4

My ratios were:
LF 26.1% RF 23.8%

RR 23.8% RR 26.3%

F/R - 49.9%/50.1%
L/R- 49.9%/50.1%

Total weight is 52.92oz(1500.257g)
And it showed zero tweak with even ride height on each corner?

That puts your cross weight at 47.6% [LR+RF weight], which should mean the car is pretty stable turning left, and maybe just a tick free turning right.

Are your preload collars even on the shocks to get ride height [within 0.5 mm]?

If it feels good to you, let 'er rip, but I think I would try to move some of the ballast away from the center to even up your cross weight a little closer to 50% to have the car as near to identical corner handling L/R as possible. Maybe move the ballast on your servo over to the RF in front of the battery, and move your center ballast more to the left side of the chassis, and a small amount behind the motor on the chassis.

Introducing scales into your setup makes for a lot more complication in tuning [initial setup for the day takes more time], but it does answer questions if you're very diligent in watching how the car handles at various points on the track.

Of course, even with all the setup time in the world, with or without scales, you still have to drive to the car's limits, as well as your own. But having the car perfect is a good reminder to yourself that it's not necessarily the car's handling at fault.
Old 10-08-2010, 10:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sorry about that, I copy/pasted the wrong page of measurements, I had all 6 of the pages in the program used and copied the wrong one. Heres the ones I ended up with, this is w/o the body on.

LF 24.9% RF 24.8%

RR 25.4% RR 24.8%

F/R - 49.7/50.3%
L/R- 50.3%/49.7%

Total weight is 48.60oz(1377.787g)

The crossweights are RF/LR-50.2% and LF/RR-49.8%

If you have a touch or iphone the app I use is called "Crossweight", takes all the work out..
Old 10-08-2010, 11:02 PM
Tech Master

Ah, ok, those numbers look a lot better.

I just use an excel spreadsheet, don't have, or desire, an IPhone, or IPod Touch.

By the way, in Oval track racing [stock cars], the only cross weight percentage that anyone uses is RF/LR.
Old 10-09-2010, 01:44 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarryLeach
Lol, like the setup you had on your first TC, that I corrected for you? I distinctly remember telling you "we're not monster truck racin' here"

I considered TOP, briefly, but I guess I'm just an XRay guy at heart, for TC anyways. I really don't have any brand loyalty, the T3'11 just seems like the closest thing to how I would build my own car from scratch. And you know me, price is just a number.

My schedule should be a *little* more predictable this winter, so I plan on being on the rug 3-4 days a week

See you boys in about 2 weeks.
Yes i remember that day I learned alot about rc cars that day. Matter of fact. I bought a set up station after you showed me my car was jacked Hope to get you back out more often, Linberry too. He has been MIA until Saturday of last week. Anyway, back to T311 discussion. Which btw if any car could sway me its the xray
Old 10-09-2010, 02:33 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by KingKarate757
Yes i remember that day I learned alot about rc cars that day. Matter of fact. I bought a set up station after you showed me my car was jacked Hope to get you back out more often, Linberry too. He has been MIA until Saturday of last week. Anyway, back to T311 discussion. Which btw if any car could sway me its the xray
Yeah, your car has looked better lately, so no, you can't borrow my scales

Lineberry is getting ready for carpet and the Halloween race, he bought back my FK'05's, so he should be more visible starting in a few weeks.

I'm waiting a little bit closer to when kits start shipping before I'm 100% where I pick mine up from. If you have Eric's email address, could you PM it to me, I'll give DRCW a chance for me to buy local.
Old 10-09-2010, 01:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Does anybody know how CRC side springs relate to the side springs on the x10. Also what is the center spring rated at?
thanks
chuck
Old 10-09-2010, 07:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Where to order online?

Hey anyone recommend an online store with best prices? Thanks.

-Ceramic thrust bearing. #930238
-Rear suspension holder #302048-0
-T3 full diff assembly. #need part number?
Old 10-10-2010, 02:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

try nexusracing.net most of the time they have everything they also ship fast

the part number your looking for is 305003

it also looks like the will have the t3'11 for $495.00
Old 10-10-2010, 12:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi Guys, what are your views on gear diffs? what are the advantages/dissadvantages? has anyone tryed one yet?
Old 10-10-2010, 02:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I'm going to get one---their interesting from a "tuning" standpoint. The car pulls harder coming out of the corner--and with light viscosity oil--keeps rotating through the corner. With heavy viscosity oil--it will start "pushing" a little coming out of the corner---which makes sense--the heavier oil hooks up both tires a little more!!
"FWIW
T
Old 10-10-2010, 11:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shrek54
Hi Guys, what are your views on gear diffs? what are the advantages/dissadvantages? has anyone tryed one yet?
I love the gear diffs, ive been using them for over 2 months now and im never going back to a ball diff They give the car a lot more steering and are consistant to drive throughout a run. There is a bit more forward bite aswell. They are a bit of a pain to find the correct oil(s), but once you do they are awesome. Im using them front and rear. The dissadvantages are they can be very hard to drive with initially and requires a bit of a driving style change. They also dont work as well in low traction and leak a tiny bit. Id still rather re build a gear diff (2 minutes) compared to doing a rebuild for a ball diff
Old 10-11-2010, 11:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks guys, interesting feed back, I might give one a go. what are you guys running on? carpet/ashfelt? rubber/foam?
here in the the UK at maritime racing we are on carpet/rubber, med/high grip. where would you start oil wise?
Old 10-11-2010, 01:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi,

Most of the team here are running the gear diff, 2000cst is a good starting point, thats what we run at Ardent Raceway (high grip)

Jonathan
Old 10-11-2010, 07:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks to Drew and EA for the help this past weekend with my car and ESC. I could have used some more luck in the main, but after qualifying 3rd in 17.5 I would have to say it was a good weekend. Also thanks to RC America for supporting local racing and coming to Memphis, look forward to doing it again soon.

Lee
Old 10-11-2010, 07:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Drew, thanks for the help with my shocks this weekend. You were right about how easy it is using your method. I think if you do post a video on how to build and bleed shocks it will really help people having trouble getting them correct.

Thanks again,
Brian Bonadona

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.