Wiki Posts
Search

Ofna Ultra GTP2e

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 09:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pit-racer
Good ... now you guys can be our pit b***** On a positive note the E cars are sweet!

I'll make sure that our class is right before yours so we will have to kick the cars...er, I mean marshal.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WildBillMassey
We race in Austin every Saturday. We have an open class right now where nitro and electric race together, but we will soon have enough to seperate the class.
Thanks
idbdoug
Old 01-18-2011, 11:32 AM
Tech Adept

Default INPUT NEEDED !!

Since I have an older Ofna gtp ,the only motor mount option without buying a conversion kit is rc-monster,currently out of stock and I dont much care for the design, I am trying to produce my own mount,and wanted some input on some designs I wanted to change.
Reversable mount -in the rear center support section, I wanted to make the mount work on either side of the chassis.
3 hole mounting to chassis -similar to ofna's
No recess for motor mounting bolts , this allows you to mount the motor on the either side and also foward on the leftside should I choose ?
Material will be top notch , 7075
LMK thanks
Old 01-20-2011, 08:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'll make sure that our class is right before yours so we will have to kick the cars...er, I mean marshal.
Bill....I think we should run after the nitro GT8 class. That forces Pit to sit and watch us drive our cars and wish he had one.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FangsCPO
I run MaxAmps but that's just me. They are very expensive and it's just a matter of preferance. I like their warranty, I like that they arrive ready to be used, just plug and play. You pick the connector and balance plug. Their warranty is the best in the market as far as I'm concern. You also get lifetime re-wraps.

Most of the guys that I run with use HobbyKing Lipos. They are pretty decent, very inexpensive but it takes a while sometimes to get them from Hong Kong to the States. The issue with the HobbyKing stuff is that it come with very thick wires and that can be a pain to solder at times also they don't offer a warranty.
when looking at the lipos on the hobby king site, the lipos will say where they ship from, pick the ones from the us warehouse in washington state.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by treborwd22
Bill....I think we should run after the nitro GT8 class. That forces Pit to sit and watch us drive our cars and wish he had one.
You know you need me there to flip your car over... again ....and again ..... and again.. Cause I am the #1 turn-marshal there is.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:54 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi everyone, cheers from Brazil!
I saw this chassis and I'll probably pick one of this. I would Like some ideas about ESC/Motor to put in it.
I gonna use it on a medium size track, not bashing. There are no GT class in my track, mostly Pro .12 and Stock EP, so, I wanted something that could run along the GPs. Is the MMM 2200 with 4s a good choice or should I go 2650?
This is the track, just for you guys have an idea on the size:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&hq=&...,3.605,0.441,0

Originally Posted by snrscion
RX8 for road racing is very smooth ESC you made a good choice. I personally run a MMP with a Tekin 2650 sensor mode.
Really? the MMP can handle a 2650 with 4s on this car? If this is true I can save some money since I already has this on my TC5.

Thanks in advance guys!
Pompeu
Old 01-25-2011, 09:16 AM

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Yes it can handle it no problem just make sure the fan is working. I also run it in my Hyper 9e with Tekin 1900kv 4s and NEXX 8 with 2650 3s.

Steve

Originally Posted by rpompeu
Hi everyone, cheers from Brazil!
I saw this chassis and I'll probably pick one of this. I would Like some ideas about ESC/Motor to put in it.
I gonna use it on a medium size track, not bashing. There are no GT class in my track, mostly Pro .12 and Stock EP, so, I wanted something that could run along the GPs. Is the MMM 2200 with 4s a good choice or should I go 2650?
This is the track, just for you guys have an idea on the size:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&hq=&...,3.605,0.441,0

Really? the MMP can handle a 2650 with 4s on this car? If this is true I can save some money since I already has this on my TC5.

Thanks in advance guys!
Pompeu
Old 01-25-2011, 10:57 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey, thanks for the fast reply Steve!
Wow, that's great! I dont need to spend on an ESC and I can use the one I have!
Have you seen the track on google maps? What do you think should be my motor choice? I was looking on tekin but I couldn't get what is the difference besides the kv rating of Truggy and buggy motors.
I think I will buy a tekin due to it's sensor, but wich one?
Thanks in advance,
Pompeu
Old 01-25-2011, 11:00 AM
Tech Addict

Have you seen the track on google maps? What do you think should be my motor choice? I was looking on tekin but I couldn't get what is the difference besides the kv rating of Truggy and buggy motors.
Thanks in advance,
Pompeu
The difference in the motors is the Truggy motors have more torque.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:49 PM

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Thanks in advance,
Pompeu

For on road I will go with the 2650kv.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I just got the 28T and 30T pinions. These things are big and are in the top right of in the pic.
The bottom ones are Robinson Racing and they are ok. They sure don't last as long as the RCM one. The Castle Pinions are quiet too. More so then the RR ones.

Installed the 28T in the GTP that runs on 4s. I jumped from 23T to the 28T. I had no room for the 30T. Estimated speed is about 68MPH with the 47T spur. Not bad for 4s. I'm hoping to push close to 80MPH with 4s and 1.5D 1515. Maybe more if someone can make me a smaller spool mount. Pletty(2300kv) was at 159F after a few runs, Acepow was just chilling and RX8 had 3 led on. I used Ofna Blue foam tires.

Old 01-25-2011, 02:10 PM
Tech Addict

Who makes the larger pinions?
Old 01-25-2011, 02:15 PM
Tech Adept

Who makes the larger pinions?
http://www.rc-monster.com/proddetail...1pinion&cat=40
Old 01-25-2011, 03:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

My GTP2-E with MMM 2200kv on 6s

my lil family lol (savage flux with extended chassis, slash 4x4, and my GTP2E)

with this motor, it runs great, but i just recently bought a TEKIN RX8 2650kv, and heard it runs very good, just gonna test it out, and if not, will swap..

this my video of my light setup- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln4xzwNj-sM
this my video of my speed test- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWIKiNItoTk
this a video is a preview of our drag races- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q25QZX7Q0wQ

watch them all in HD

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.