Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Guy almost passed out at my local track.. READ THIS PLEASE! >

Guy almost passed out at my local track.. READ THIS PLEASE!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Guy almost passed out at my local track.. READ THIS PLEASE!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 01:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Paragon has been the best for 15+ years.. its all we use to run..and no one ever complained of being sick from it... Its society as a whole.. this new generation of young people, are whiners.... No one wants to work, and everyone wants to be catered to...it bleeds over to everything.. even rc cars..
Old 06-27-2005, 02:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by UCHEATULOSE
last year the promotoer of the cleveland race was forced(by the large manufactures) to allow it. they threatened to not send any of there drivers to the race! so he gave in and allowed it.. soooo it forced mike boylan (snowbirds) to do the same. the large races and there promoters are scared to ban it ..and when they do ban it there affraid they wont be able to control the ban..they say people will try and hide the smell and thus cheat.. i say if they can mask the smell than let them use it...paragon has since come out with a odorless traction compound called traction action..corally has jack the gripper and than you have niftech and tq orange..all very good alternatives in my book.. there are some guys who cant get there cars hooked up without paragon?

Where exactly did you come by these Gems of information about the Indoor Champs? Paragon use at the Champs was really never an issue. There were a few people who proposed the idea, and the notion was pretty much roundly rejected by the STAFF that puts on the US Indoor Champs. There is no "promoter" or any other single individual who mandated that Paragon stay in use, nor any clandestine pressure from the manufacturers. The ROAR Nats have been held in Paragon free facilities before, and amazingly enough, the Factory guys were all still there!! Maybe the major manufacturers pressured Boylan into allowing it at the Snowbirds, but the Champs will more than likely allow it untill the HOTEL tells us we can't.

Let's not speak of conspiracies that don't exist simply because that's what we may have heard or read on a thread in some forum.
Old 06-27-2005, 02:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Neil
Paragon is stinky crap and is outlawed at all the tacks that I frequent.
Where do you live? I'm moving there.
Old 06-27-2005, 02:24 PM
Tech Master

i never knew there was this many ladies in rc racing...But there obviously is with all these paragon bashing replies...

the performance alnoe is worth the smell... why do you think its the top choice when allowed...
Old 06-27-2005, 02:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Note that the bad stuff in Paragon is the Lacquer Thinner not the Oil of Wintergreen. Oil of Wintergreen has been used for medicinal purposes for years. Its in everything from BenGay to chewing gum.

Lacquer Thinner is also used in other traction compounds...some are labled odorless.

Personally, I would rather have a traction compound with a strong odor that would tip me off to the presence of fumes. This way if I think the smell is to bad I get out of the area. FYI, this is why propane has rotten egg smell added to it.
Old 06-27-2005, 02:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

who ever rehashed this thread from 2004 should be flogged.... Paragon for president
Old 06-27-2005, 02:33 PM
Tech Champion

I have heard before that the odorless stuff is worse for you than the stuff that does smell.

I can always tell there is a serious race, when i smell that amazing smell of paragon...
Old 06-27-2005, 02:57 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pro4Capece
Ummmm, it is in our America. ex: Fat guy sues McDee's for getting a heart attack. Woman sues McDee's for spilling hot coffee in her lap. Woman sues NYC for attemping suicide by subway car and she didn't die.

If you get the right jury, ignorance is a great case for a lawsuit.

hmmm...then you must be that ignorant guy that everyone talks about...you know, the guy that believes everything he reads.
Old 06-27-2005, 03:00 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by burbs
i never knew there was this many ladies in rc racing...But there obviously is with all these paragon bashing replies...

the performance alnoe is worth the smell... why do you think its the top choice when allowed...

I bet your wallet reads "One Bad MoFo" huh?
Old 06-27-2005, 03:23 PM
Tech Master

you tell me.... You sem to know from all the ass staring you do sally..
Old 06-27-2005, 04:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 403forbidden
hmmm...then you must be that ignorant guy that everyone talks about...you know, the guy that believes everything he reads.
yeah, b/c i know the difference from the word ignorant and naive?.?.?. Dictionaries are a useful tool, try one.
Old 06-27-2005, 05:59 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Pro4Capece
yeah, b/c i know the difference from the word ignorant and naive?.?.?. Dictionaries are a useful tool, try one.
You must be over exposed to tire sauce eh? LOL

Main Entry: ignorant
Part of Speech: adjective
Definition: unknowing
Synonyms: apprenticed, benighted, bird-brained, blind to, cretinous, dense, green, illiterate, imbecilic, inexperienced, innocent, insensible, mindless, misinformed, moronic, naive, nescient, oblivious, obtuse, sappy, shallow, thick, unaware, unconscious, unconversant, uncultivated, uncultured, uneducated, unenlightened, uninformed, uninitiated, unintellectual, unknowledgeable, unlearned, unlettered, unmindful, unread, unschooled, unsuspecting, untaught, untrained, unwitting, witless

http://thesaurus.reference.com/search?q=ignorant
Old 06-27-2005, 06:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ALBERTO
who ever rehashed this thread from 2004 should be flogged.... Paragon for president

What a coincidence...
Old 06-27-2005, 08:25 PM
Tech Adept

Wow, ya know we have a similar problem here in good old Purgatory, AZ. They just can't figure out who to sue!

A fellow almost passed out after running from a bar at 76 degrees into 112 degree heat (ambient) and 160 degee heat from the asphalt parking lot! He fell and skinned his knees and burned his legs.

A young lady is trying to sue the city, she was wearing short shorts and sat down on a painted steel guard rail at 2 PM.

Or the lady, that was carrying her barefooted toddler and put her on down the asphalt while she unlocked the car door.

People after all these years are still leaving their babies and pets locked up inside the cars, during the summer.

I use Paragon FX II and motor spray, I smoke cigars! Our indoor pits are well ventilated. 2 high velocity fans, and Evap Cooler plus all the personal fans. But, we do not spray chemicals inside the building, nor do we start Nitro's inside either. However, the use of tire dope and my cigars is okay. But, we have learned as a group, if cigar smoke bothers you, go outside, or ask me too!

Funny thing, if someone takes offense to my tire dope or my cigar and ask me if I could refrain. I go outside to indulge.

So what is the problem with Paragon?

You are just too lazy to get off your arse to move (upwind) or to busy running your mouth with BS, that you can't do something constructive for yourself and want others to be responsible for your health and welfare.
Old 06-27-2005, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 403forbidden
You must be over exposed to tire sauce eh? LOL

http://<span style="color:Red"><span...rch?q=ignorant

I guess we both are over-exposed btw-That's a thesaurus not a dictionary.

I sleep 15 feet away from a bottle of Paragon, maybe that's my problem

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.