Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree120Likes

TAMIYA M-06 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 05:30 AM
Tech Regular

Luck is only a small part of racing, it's the work done and hours spent in preparation and practice that will pay dividends in the long run.

But good luck anyway
Old 04-06-2013, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Some good news. Porsha's M06 takes TQ in our Tamiya Asia Cup race. First time the M06 takes a TQ.

Only driver to make 19 second laps.

She was not yet happy. Wanted to win the 3 mains.

A-main #1 - Despite two mistakes, takes the win.

Unfortunately finished only 2nd in the Amain 2 and 3. It was car setup, and I have to make up for it in the next race.

But overall a good day for her. She even managed to win A2 of the GT class (fastest class of Tamiya) against the big boys. She was running 2nd in A3 when car died (I forgot to change battery). My fail.

She earned that win stringing 3 consecutive laps within 1/100th of a second and two laps of identical time to the 1/100ths.

Thanks for those who wished her luck, your powers came true.

Old 04-06-2013, 09:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rccartips
Some good news. Porsha's M06 takes TQ in our Tamiya Asia Cup race. First time the M06 takes a TQ.

Only driver to make 19 second laps.

She was not yet happy. Wanted to win the 3 mains.

A-main #1 - Despite two mistakes, takes the win.

Unfortunately finished only 2nd in the Amain 2 and 3. It was car setup, and I have to make up for it in the next race.

But overall a good day for her. She even managed to win A2 of the GT class (fastest class of Tamiya) against the big boys. She was running 2nd in A3 when car died (I forgot to change battery). My fail.

She earned that win stringing 3 consecutive laps within 1/100th of a second and two laps of identical time to the 1/100ths.

Thanks for those who wished her luck, your powers came true.

Congrats.. way to go Porsha. When is she holding a driving school to teach the rest of us?
Old 04-07-2013, 03:05 AM
Tech Regular

Congrats.. way to go Porsha. When is she holding a driving school to teach the rest of us?
I agree with Raman, Porsha should be our teacher to get the best out of the M06!

Congrats also to you Joel, some mistakes of the Dad are for sure forgiven.
It´s a tough job with all that cars have to be prepared and driven on this high level!
I don´t dare to ask, but was 1th, 2nd, 2nd A-main the overall win, or did the other guy manage to win the 2nd and 3rd A-Main?
Anyway, the fastest lap tells us what we wanted to know, M06 can be very fast.

All the best for the next races,
Matthias
Old 04-07-2013, 04:26 AM
Tech Elite

Hi Matthias,

She gets 2nd overall as another racer won both 2nd and 3rd mains. Hopefully I can buy a set of stabilizers.

The M06 can be very fast, but need fast hands to do it. Takes a lot of effort to drive it as fast as an M05. Potential to be faster by nature of chassis design.

The start and some good battles in A1 between the RWD and FWD.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

I tried the rear weights (put 15 grams under each rear arms) as track was very low grip. Helped a lot. But when track grip became better in A2, the M06 started to oversteer during corner entry on the big sweepers. When I removed them, much better.

Old 04-07-2013, 04:49 AM
Tech Regular

I tried the rear weights (put 15 grams under each rear arms) as track was very low grip. Helped a lot. But when track grip became better in A2, the M06 started to oversteer during corner entry on the big sweepers. When I removed them, much better.
Great video, Joel!
Really nice fight between RWD/FWD Mini. And fair. I´m not a fan of too bumpy races. For sure a FWD is easier to drive, that´s why 99% drive them.

Interesting with your 15g weights. You made them yourself and fixed them on the axle?
I had the same experience in my last race, as the track grip was on it´s best level sunday afternoon, I got more and more oversteer. Will keep in mind removing the weights next time.

I think stabilizers could really help you. Since I saw the video from you with the detail shots, they really work. I will try stiffer sway bars next time for sure to help my higher roll with the R-setup.

Keep Porsha going, next time she´s going to win.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Raman
Thanks Raman. Unfortunately she is unable to explain to me her driving technique. But what I did teach her, is to steer only as much as the corner angle needs. Drive the car very slowly then note how much steering needed to get around. It should be very, very little steering wheel movement. Then use throttle control to aid in making the corner (brake, on/off modulation).

If the car does not want to stay on the cornering line with the right steering angle, we try to change the car setup to make it do so.

Originally Posted by ruebiracer
Great video, Joel!
Interesting with your 15g weights. You made them yourself and fixed them on the axle?
Keep Porsha going, next time she´s going to win.
Thanks. The 15g, are just square lead weights I taped to the bottom of the arms. I will try to make weights that will mount at the hubs. They are still useful under low grip conditions. They are around 10grams each?
Old 04-07-2013, 04:52 PM
Tech Champion

Thanks Raman. Unfortunately she is unable to explain to me her driving technique. But what I did teach her, is to steer only as much as the corner angle needs. Drive the car very slowly then note how much steering needed to get around. It should be very, very little steering wheel movement. Then use throttle control to aid in making the corner (brake, on/off modulation).

If the car does not want to stay on the cornering line with the right steering angle, we try to change the car setup to make it do so.

Thanks. The 15g, are just square lead weights I taped to the bottom of the arms. I will try to make weights that will mount at the hubs. They are still useful under low grip conditions. They are around 10grams each?
I tried the lead weight on the arms. It slows down the arms reaction, since it becomes sprung weight.

The axle weights are fantastic. Since using them, I have had no need for the 2 degree up rights, the 1 degree are sufficient.

Thank you for the explanation of drivin slow through turns, makes sense now that you write it.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:44 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks also for the explanations, Joel.
And yes, the clamp weights from the R-kit are about 10g each.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:05 PM
Tech Elite

Finally bought the stabilizers, expensive stuff for little bits of wires and plastic!

Two weeks till next race. Time to push the limits of this car.

Old 04-08-2013, 06:54 PM
Tech Champion

Finally bought the stabilizers, expensive stuff for little bits of wires and plastic!

Two weeks till next race. Time to push the limits of this car.

Let us know what you think. I removed mine a while back and have not bothered testing the car with them yet.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Hi Matthias,

She gets 2nd overall as another racer won both 2nd and 3rd mains. Hopefully I can buy a set of stabilizers.

The M06 can be very fast, but need fast hands to do it. Takes a lot of effort to drive it as fast as an M05. Potential to be faster by nature of chassis design.

The start and some good battles in A1 between the RWD and FWD.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

The cars are really moving. What are you guys running in them? That can't be a stock silver can motor can it?
Old 04-09-2013, 05:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Congrats on the great weekend!

On our track the only battles are between the M06s. It could just be because the better drivers have all switched to 6s though. They are just a lot more fun to drive than the wrong-wheel-drive cars.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I just put in the 3Racing ball diff on my first M06 build. What is everyone using for inserts to keep the dogbones in place? I have 2mm aluminum spacers, then a black o-ring to keep them in place. I see a Tamiya part is listed, but not sure if that is what I really need. The next option is to buy the CVDs.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
I just put in the 3Racing ball diff on my first M06 build. What is everyone using for inserts to keep the dogbones in place? I have 2mm aluminum spacers, then a black o-ring to keep them in place. I see a Tamiya part is listed, but not sure if that is what I really need. The next option is to buy the CVDs.
I use the cvd's on both my M05 and M06. One of the best upgrades i think.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.