Wiki Posts
Search

Litemodz CVD

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by weekendracer_uk
Just sent you my details etc, thanks in advance for any help you can provide in sorting this matter.

John Davie
I should have a reply for you on monday iam sure they will send out what is needed.
thanks
warren
Old 02-06-2011, 12:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I'd really like to get a set of these for high speed out door racing but after reading this thread and all of the unsatisfied people it makes me worried...I'd like to get rid of the chatter, but if these are going to break or wear out with little use...then I cant justify buying them!

Also, where will you be located in the US? I like to know where my parts are coming from.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:41 PM
Tech Adept

Just tried the version 3 cvs much better than v2 but still not right they don't fall apart anymore but they now bind after a few minutes of use. When turning the steering from left to right occasionally they lock up and the servo saver kicks in. Anyone else having this problem and has anyone got any ideas?
Old 02-17-2011, 12:32 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Double D Donuts
I'd really like to get a set of these for high speed out door racing but after reading this thread and all of the unsatisfied people it makes me worried...I'd like to get rid of the chatter, but if these are going to break or wear out with little use...then I cant justify buying them!

Also, where will you be located in the US? I like to know where my parts are coming from.
Hi
The parts are designed and manufactured in the UK
Old 02-17-2011, 12:39 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BILKO1
Just tried the version 3 cvs much better than v2 but still not right they don't fall apart anymore but they now bind after a few minutes of use. When turning the steering from left to right occasionally they lock up and the servo saver kicks in. Anyone else having this problem and has anyone got any ideas?
Hi Bilko
Remove the C, clip and thin shim and carefully remove the driveshaft with the cage taking care the balls do not fall out. Check the ball grooves within the axle for and debri from manufacturing/anodizing.

Did you put these CVS's together yourself or where they assembled when you got them?

Regards Malc
Old 03-03-2011, 10:04 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Warren Weaver
I should have a reply for you on monday iam sure they will send out what is needed.
thanks
warren
Any updates ???
Old 03-03-2011, 10:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default refunds

does anyone here have experience tring to recieve a refund, and how do i go about doing this?
Old 03-03-2011, 12:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by weekendracer_uk
Any updates ???
They shipped for ya already you should see them shortly
Old 03-03-2011, 12:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by louielou
does anyone here have experience tring to recieve a refund, and how do i go about doing this?
pm me
Old 03-04-2011, 04:01 AM
Tech Addict

why not use front gear diff rather than this litemodz cvd... gear diff might eliminate the front chatering too... i mean more...
Old 03-06-2011, 12:49 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by zamrioo2
why not use front gear diff rather than this litemodz cvd... gear diff might eliminate the front chatering too... i mean more...
Geardiff dont remove the chatter, its all about a difference in angular acceleration between the spool/diff and wheelaxles. a diff really doesn`t take the chatter away.....

The CVS axles do.

Driven the V3 axles today and they are great....!!!!!!!!!!!!
Laptimes went down 0.3 sec. and steering had to be trimmed down from 70 to 45%, very cool, extreme rolling and steer turn-in-middle and out.
I`ve driven the 7075 V3 ones annd they are light and fast, but wear a bit, Now Litemodz also makes hardened steel ones, so axles and shafts, they dont wear that quick any more, next to that all new onces are spring loaded to remove any problems....

Overall i`m very happy........!!!!!!!!!!!!
Steel ones for practice, aluminum for the races......YEAH,

Really guys, after a bit of a rough start, the endproduct is briljant....
Just try again and go for the steel ones, you will be amazed.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default PM

Hey Warren, i PMed u and u never got back to me. What happened?
Old 03-07-2011, 07:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by louielou
Hey Warren, i PMed u and u never got back to me. What happened?
... same here ...
Old 03-07-2011, 08:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rbakker
Geardiff dont remove the chatter, its all about a difference in angular acceleration between the spool/diff and wheelaxles. a diff really doesn`t take the chatter away.....

The CVS axles do.

Driven the V3 axles today and they are great....!!!!!!!!!!!!
Laptimes went down 0.3 sec. and steering had to be trimmed down from 70 to 45%, very cool, extreme rolling and steer turn-in-middle and out.
I`ve driven the 7075 V3 ones annd they are light and fast, but wear a bit, Now Litemodz also makes hardened steel ones, so axles and shafts, they dont wear that quick any more, next to that all new onces are spring loaded to remove any problems....

Overall i`m very happy........!!!!!!!!!!!!
Steel ones for practice, aluminum for the races......YEAH,

Really guys, after a bit of a rough start, the endproduct is briljant....
Just try again and go for the steel ones, you will be amazed.
Just try again? I spent over $100 try them and had them fail within 3 laps. I was told a replacement set would be shipped out over a month ago which I have not received. I'll be amazed if I ever get them.

Sorry. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on ME. Not letting that happen. Should the replacements arrive, I'll be happy to test them and post my experience.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:56 AM
Tech Regular

Anyone know if i buy the V3 rebuild kit it will have all the right parts for me to up grade my V2 shafts to the latest V3 spec ?

I really want to use these in my corally but first meeting is about a month away and still not used my V2 shafts yet after owning them for five months as still waiting for the warrenty V3 upgrade as promised.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.