Search
Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2013, 08:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc car guy

On a different note how are those aluminum screws in the top deck and bulkheads holding up? Do you have them on he underside of your car and how do you like your orca motor? 1
They are Ti screws from Gravity RC. Seem to be fine. Not sure how much lighter they are. With a LW Speed6 I'm at 1380g. Orca seems decent, always trying different motors. Has better bottom end punch than my previous D3.5, and doesn't seem to fade at higher temps.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:22 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Dan Hamann
They are Ti screws from Gravity RC. Seem to be fine. Not sure how much lighter they are. With a LW Speed6 I'm at 1380g. Orca seems decent, always trying different motors. Has better bottom end punch than my previous D3.5, and doesn't seem to fade at higher temps.
sweet i have one coming are you running the ht rotor or stock? also how do you think alum screws would hold up, im at 1386 but most of the weight to be lost is in the body but id rather put steel screws into the buttom side of the card to add weight there than it up top on my body haha
Old 12-11-2013, 08:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gearit
Does anyone have or know where I can find a setup for VTA for aTC6.1. I run carpet with tight turns and I'm trying to get my car to roll through the turns better. Thanks
I've always kinda liked the box stock setup for VTA, but I did add a gear diff in front.

Seems to me that Darkside posted his VTA setup one time, or if you PM him he will send it to you.

I'm pretty sure I've found some other VTA setups posted in this thread but it would require some searching around.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

sweet i have one coming are you running the ht rotor or stock? also how do you think alum screws would hold up, im at 1386 but most of the weight to be lost is in the body but id rather put steel screws into the buttom side of the card to add weight there than it up top on my body haha
12.5 rotor. Aluminum screws is something up to the individual. I've had them , never had issues. Some guys I know have had nothing but issues with aluminum. Probably wise to run Ti or Steel through high stress areas to prevent busting off screws, especially if the car sees a lot of impacts.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gearit
Does anyone have or know where I can find a setup for VTA for aTC6.1. I run carpet with tight turns and I'm trying to get my car to roll through the turns better. Thanks
This is Myron Kinnard's TC6 setup for VTA. It should get you pretty close.
Myron Kinnard - TC6 VTA
Old 12-11-2013, 08:59 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Dan Hamann
12.5 rotor. Aluminum screws is something up to the individual. I've had them , never had issues. Some guys I know have had nothing but issues with aluminum. Probably wise to run Ti or Steel through high stress areas to prevent busting off screws, especially if the car sees a lot of impacts.
ya i currenty only have them in the plastic portions

cut like 10grams out of the car just by that so far
Old 12-11-2013, 10:36 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
This is Myron Kinnard's TC6 setup for VTA. It should get you pretty close.
Myron Kinnard - TC6 VTA
thanks, I will give it a try
Old 12-11-2013, 10:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

just the part number no reason
Not sure that I aggree, if you look at each end, it has a diffrent number. I don't have a picture of the one i have but if you look at the once on amain, you can see the #3 on one and #14 on another. I also know that there are other numbers because I separated the once I have by the number and had about 5 diffrent groups.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Adonis_mp
Not sure that I aggree, if you look at each end, it has a diffrent number. I don't have a picture of the one i have but if you look at the once on amain, you can see the #3 on one and #14 on another. I also know that there are other numbers because I separated the once I have by the number and had about 5 diffrent groups.
could be a cavity number. most injection molded parts have more than one part in the mold. something that small is probably around a 24-32 cavity mold.
Old 12-11-2013, 03:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by edonsohc
could be a cavity number. most injection molded parts have more than one part in the mold. something that small is probably around a 24-32 cavity mold.
Thats exactly right. Theres a total number that they come in and they are just marked out of which one they are. Nothing special.
Old 12-15-2013, 02:57 AM
Tech Adept

Last edited by Michael@USPN; 12-15-2013 at 03:01 AM. Reason: double post:/
Old 12-15-2013, 02:58 AM
Tech Adept

Just wanted to say thanks to A. Brumblay, R. Hohwart, Evo Chick and some of the others who had mentioned on how to get rid of the slop/(wear and tear) from a full season of racing. I got my slop out of my tc 6.1wc and the car has come back to life for me

Here's a video of my tc 6.1wc being a very competitive car to a lot of other great manufacturers out in the field. For being a very reasonable priced car....it can win baby

This was our toys for tots final major race of our season at Norcal Hobbies.
My car is in tq position. Pink car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHzJ...e_gdata_player

I know I did some mistakes, but it wasnt the cars fault. I still have much work to do.
Thanks Jon Johnson for the video, and all the great guys at Norcal Hobbies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHzJ...e_gdata_player

Last edited by Michael@USPN; 12-15-2013 at 03:13 AM.
Old 12-17-2013, 06:09 PM
Tech Regular

i have a 6.1wc and was wondering what's a good track width to run F/R for 17.5 blinky and what's the best way to shim, at the arms or hexes thanks in advance
Old 12-18-2013, 08:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by quinnfrazier
i have a 6.1wc and was wondering what's a good track width to run F/R for 17.5 blinky and what's the best way to shim, at the arms or hexes thanks in advance
Shim at the arms to get the desired track width but you can use wheel shims to test and fine tune. In the front, use the offset blocks and add up to 1.5mm if needed. In the rear, use the offset blocks for the back mount and the standard block for the forward mount. You can add up to 1mm here as well.
When at all possible, shim the arms and use the wheel spacers only for a quick adjustment at a race event. IMO
Old 12-18-2013, 08:20 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by YoDog
Shim at the arms to get the desired track width but you can use wheel shims to test and fine tune. In the front, use the offset blocks and add up to 1.5mm if needed. In the rear, use the offset blocks for the back mount and the standard block for the forward mount. You can add up to 1mm here as well.
When at all possible, shim the arms and use the wheel spacers only for a quick adjustment at a race event. IMO
makes sense but why do you say the measurements is that what makes the car 190 mm?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.