Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 01:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
Question.

What is OB offset vs OB?
Really no shims in the front?
If not to drill my own shock pistons, what would those be the closest to?
Lastly what is the part # for the yellow sway bar?

Definately an interesting set up and looks to be pretty different from the last time he posted from there.

Thanks for the help.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

TC6 Spool Kits in stock
Old 11-30-2011, 03:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by goin2drt
Question.

What is OB offset vs OB?
Really no shims in the front?
If not to drill my own shock pistons, what would those be the closest to?
Lastly what is the part # for the yellow sway bar?

Definately an interesting set up and looks to be pretty different from the last time he posted from there.

Thanks for the help.
The offset mounts have 2mm spacing built in so a setup with no spacers and offset mounts is like using 2mm spacers with standard mounts.

The anti-roll bars are sold in a set in which the yellow is included part number 31364. The car comes with yellow and white bars.

If you can't use Losi #57 use AE #2 pistons.
Old 11-30-2011, 04:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

For anyone using front and rear gear diffs with lower turn motors (under 17.5), what oils have you experimented with? Is 500k the standard regardless, or has anyone tried 300k or 200k? Same thing for the rear...... 80wt/1000 seems to be the starting point. Anyone have a different combination? Going to play around with a 10.5 boosted Friday........

Also, when the grip is really low (cold temperatures inside for example) would it help any going to thinner oils front and rear? Or is that something I would just compensate through setup tweaks (assuming the setup is already pretty good)?
Old 11-30-2011, 05:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default TC6.1 Release Date

Hey everyone, I was just getting ready to buy the TC6 when I started watching this thread. I'm glad I saw that the 6.1 is coming out before I bought it. However, I've been watching closely and haven't noticed any specific release date. I've seen "December" but does anyone know more specifically? My wallet is burning a hole in my pocket
Old 12-01-2011, 07:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cwoods34
For anyone using front and rear gear diffs with lower turn motors (under 17.5), what oils have you experimented with? Is 500k the standard regardless, or has anyone tried 300k or 200k? Same thing for the rear...... 80wt/1000 seems to be the starting point. Anyone have a different combination? Going to play around with a 10.5 boosted Friday........

Also, when the grip is really low (cold temperatures inside for example) would it help any going to thinner oils front and rear? Or is that something I would just compensate through setup tweaks (assuming the setup is already pretty good)?
CARPET 17.5 BLINKY: I started with my spec-r gear diffs filled with 300 front / 10k rear. (this was all the track had at the time.) This settled the car down for my driving style quite a bit over the spool/balldiff combo! I have since moved to 500k front/ 1k rear and it improved even more. I was having trouble with the rear end and over rotating. This combo has helped my ability improve immediately. I have the new associated diffs on the way so I can try those also.

Cold Temps: The guys at our track compensate with setup and leave the diffs alone. Even a few guys running boost run the same combo and only tweak setup for the most part.

Hope this helps.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I should have my AE gear diff today, but I'm trying to decide whether or not to replace the slipper spool up front with either the new spool or another gear diff. What would you guys recommend for an indoor high grip techincal ozite track? I'm planning on starting with 30wt shock fluid for the rear gear diff.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by R Doyel
Hey everyone, I was just getting ready to buy the TC6 when I started watching this thread. I'm glad I saw that the 6.1 is coming out before I bought it. However, I've been watching closely and haven't noticed any specific release date. I've seen "December" but does anyone know more specifically? My wallet is burning a hole in my pocket
The hope is that some will start moving out tomorrow but next week for sure. It usually takes a couple of weeks for cars to make their way into hobby shops. I suggest that you pre-order one from your local hobby shop.

Originally Posted by Asharus
I should have my AE gear diff today, but I'm trying to decide whether or not to replace the slipper spool up front with either the new spool or another gear diff. What would you guys recommend for an indoor high grip techincal ozite track? I'm planning on starting with 30wt shock fluid for the rear gear diff.
30wt is good for the rear diff.

The new spool is more reliable than the slipper spool but when the slipper spool works correctly, you probably would not notice the difference between the two on track. Changing to a gear diff in the front will make a greater difference in performance so I would go with the second gear diff. If you prefer the spool you can wait and upgrade to the new spool later on down the road.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by burgboyz
CARPET 17.5 BLINKY: I started with my spec-r gear diffs filled with 300 front / 10k rear. (this was all the track had at the time.) This settled the car down for my driving style quite a bit over the spool/balldiff combo! I have since moved to 500k front/ 1k rear and it improved even more. I was having trouble with the rear end and over rotating. This combo has helped my ability improve immediately. I have the new associated diffs on the way so I can try those also.

Cold Temps: The guys at our track compensate with setup and leave the diffs alone. Even a few guys running boost run the same combo and only tweak setup for the most part.

Hope this helps.
Yes, thanks for the input! I was the only gear diff guy in Indy for awhile and usually I have the fastest car (not always winning though!), so guys are just starting to "see the light", so I try to get as much information as possible to get other guys rolling. My friend put 2 gear diffs in his 2012 T3 recently........ He literally picked up a lap overall because it drives so much easier on our track.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
30wt is good for the rear diff.

The new spool is more reliable than the slipper spool but when the slipper spool works correctly, you probably would not notice the difference between the two on track. Changing to a gear diff in the front will make a greater difference in performance so I would go with the second gear diff. If you prefer the spool you can wait and upgrade to the new spool later on down the road.
Thanks Rick, you convinced me to just pick up a 2nd gear diff. Do you still recommend cleaning putty or a super thick oil?
Old 12-01-2011, 10:49 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks Rick, you convinced me to just pick up a 2nd gear diff. Do you still recommend cleaning putty or a super thick oil?
I know that cleaning putty works so I would use that to begin with. But I am going to begin working with thick oil because I think it could be more consistent from diff to diff.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Has anyone calculated out the amount of toe when using the 12r5 shims?
Old 12-01-2011, 01:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Odin544
Has anyone calculated out the amount of toe when using the 12r5 shims?
they seem a little thicker than the plastic shims, but when i put it on the hudy and measured it, it was pretty much identical.
Old 12-01-2011, 02:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

they seem a little thicker than the plastic shims, but when i put it on the hudy and measured it, it was pretty much identical.
They are definitely thicker. I just calculated a couple of them out and decided that they are close enough for my driving skills.
Old 12-01-2011, 02:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile

TC6 Gear diff in stock at TQ.
www.tqrcracing.com

FYI, Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.